Michigan's opening dud feels like the beginning of the end for Jim Harbaugh

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If this trajectory continues, how does meeshegan fire the coach who is one of their favorite QBs?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Was at the Outback Bowl this year, Harbaugh had the meatchickens rolling with game basically won at 19-3. Then managed to give it away losing 26-19 - to the Chimp! Never saw so many pissedoff yellowshirts in one place - it was pure comedy watching the air fart out of their balloon in the 2nd half. And I'm wondering how that bumbling coach of ours lost to this guy?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I thought he would do better. Losing to ND is another loss against a huge rival. I think that makes him 1-7 vs MSU, OSU and ND?

Ouch. Totally misread this one.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He had one great year, one good year and 2 losing seasons at Stanford. His successor has averaged over 10 wins per year.

But I don’t think you were wrong given what we knew at the time. He SHOULD be killing it at Michigan. He may yet. I don’t like him but the guy can coach.

True, but considering Stanford was 16-40 the 5 seasons before he arrived and 1-11 the year before he came on board I thought it was pretty impressive. As NVGator said, he’s a Rehabilitation Coach with a successful track record prior to Michigan. He needs to turn it around quickly and produce at Michigan or he won’t be around for many more seasons.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If this trajectory continues, how does meeshegan fire the coach who is one of their favorite QBs?

The Favorite Son as HC worked for UF but hasn’t in many places. Off the top of my head, Pat Sullivan at Auburn comes to mind. They’d make the appropriate statements of regret then let it go.

The bigger issue is his contract. As much as I agree with the analysis and dislike him, I’d need to take a really deep look at recruiting and staff development before making a decision to fire him. He really can coach, and then there’s the horrible question to answer: Who would you hire that’s better than him? That’s a pretty high bar.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
His hiring of Mac torpedoes any of the remaining arguments that he knows what he's doing. He deserves everything coming to him now.

Yeah, that was a boneheaded move. I have no idea why he did that or what he was thinking, especially since he and his team had just kicked the crap out of us to start last season. Puzzling to say the least.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah he will probably be off to the NFL again most likely...

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Harbaugh is a massive jerk and I delight in his every loss. Nothing makes college Saturdays more entertaining than seeing him hunched over, hands on his knees, staring up at the replay monitor--mouth agape--and wondering wth to do.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Harbaugh is a massive jerk and I delight in his every loss. Nothing makes college Saturdays more entertaining than seeing him hunched over, hands on his knees, staring up at the replay monitor--mouth agape--and wondering wth to do.

You forgot digging in his nose and eating his buggers.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
He had David Shaw at San Diego and Stanford, at Michigan he's made some poor OC/DC choices.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DmGp5cMX4AApxLd.jpg

leogator

May 5, 2018
That DC is pretty good. Its his old style offense that is the main problem it appears.
The DC is one of the best in college. His DL coach is Mathison who presided over some of the best DLs in Florida's history. Last year they had a S&C problem just like us. I guess it takes more than 9 months to fix it. Harbaugh dipped into Floridafor recruiting but you don't come to Florida for OL, There are some good ones but comparatively fewer than Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator