Mullen's record.....and his wife rips Gainesville

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Theologator

I’ve only been paying attention since 1980. Which one do you regard as “bad”?
emoji38.png

Dan Mullen - .603 WP, .463 SEC WP (0 SECw)
Sly Croom - .355, .250 SEC (0 SECw)
Jackie Sherrill - .500, .417 SEC (1 SECw)

MSU has one SEC championship in 1941 and one SECw title in 1998. SC has one SECe title in 2010. I think my comparison is accurate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why that last thread got locked but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this conversation.

Theo theo theo. You're falling for the old math game again aren't you? The how can they fire a 9 or 10 win coach game right? it's because the nine or ten win coach today is not a nine or ten win coach when 10 wins was a good coach. A 10 win coach today is yesterday's 8-4 coach. 8 win coach today is yesterday's 7- 5 coach.

Jackie Sherrilll at Mississippi State was a competitor in the west pretty much every year. He was not one step above a doormat like Mullen is. Yes, Sherrill got old and had a few bad years in the end. However he won pieces of the SEC West and went to the championship game. I dont know why you dont have those listed. Mullen never will.

Go back thru Sherrill's .500 record, add the four directional school wins that Mullen has per year and tell me what his record is.

Every year Mullen plays four directional schools and Kentucky and starts the year 5-0. This isn't the way it used to be in SEC football. Before all the television money made games against baby seals fashionable and profitable, most teams only had one or two. And they only had 10 game seasons not 12.

Since you left it out I presume on purpose what is Sherill's SEC record versus Mullens? Going to make me look it up?

We know no one wants to talk about Mullins record versus ranked teams.

I will clean this up some later.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My biggest fear re Stricklin -- his familiarity with Mullen. Hopefully it's tempered with a sense of objectiveness. We can do a whole lot better than Dan Mullen, and at a lesser price.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My biggest fear re Stricklin -- his familiarity with Mullen. Hopefully it's tempered with a sense of objectiveness. We can do a whole lot better than Dan Mullen, and at a lesser price.
he said just enough to give me some confidence. The first thing he commented on was Mullen being direct/ hard-headed or something like that.

The same UAA people who didn't like him the last two hires still don't like him. I'm not worried about it. Stricklin specifically said something about making a hire that will unite all Gators. Nuff said.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he said just enough to give me some confidence. The first thing he commented on was Mullen being direct/ hard-headed or something like that.

The same UAA people who didn't like him the last two hires still don't like him. I'm not worried about it. Stricklin specifically said something about making a hire that will unite all Gators. Nuff said.

Never heard that comment re Mullen. I'm still feeling out Stricklin. He said all the right things last night. Now it's time to go to work. We'll see how good a job he does at uniting all Gators. I'm hoping for the best.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
perfect.

I'm pretty much good with all the other candidates who are named Mullen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good. The last thing we need is a Mississippi State retread.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I agree. He said enough to me that Mullen is not on the top of his list. He was very polite about it.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
So they prefer a job with little, if any, pressure. Won't see anyone in GatorNation upset. Bye Feli...Megan.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Basically she said the fan expectations are and always have been in the sh!tter in Starkville, and she's just peachy with that. Moral victories count just fine, thank you. They certainly don't demand excellence, or Mullen wouldn't be there anymore. It's a perfect place for both of them to rot away, stealing millions for nothing in return.

I've grown quite weary of people taking swipes at my town and our fans.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Basically she said the fan expectations are and always have been in the sh!tter in Starkville, and she's just fine with that. They certainly don't demand excellence, or Mullen wouldn't be there anymore. It's a perfect place for both of them to rot away, collecting millions for nothing in return.

I could rot like that. I'd even pay you six figures to go fetch expensive wine and women for me.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is an abrasive guy.

He rubbed the Bull Gators the wrong way. He rubbed the administration the wrong way.

He's getting by at MSU because he's as good as MSU can get.

Alex.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is an abrasive guy.

He rubbed the Bull Gators the wrong way. He rubbed the administration the wrong way.

He's getting by at MSU because he's as good as MSU can get.

Alex.

Well, that settles that.

Next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member