Mullen's record.....and his wife rips Gainesville

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not sure why that last thread got locked but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this conversation.

Theo theo theo. You're falling for the old math game again aren't you? The how can they fire a 9 or 10 win coach game right? it's because the nine or ten win coach today is not a nine or ten win coach when 10 wins was a good coach. A 10 win coach today is yesterday's 8-4 coach. 8 win coach today is yesterday's 7- 5 coach.

Jackie Sherrilll at Mississippi State was a competitor in the west pretty much every year. He was not one step above a doormat like Mullen is. Yes, Sherrill got old and had a few bad years in the end. However he won pieces of the SEC West and went to the championship game. I dont know why you dont have those listed. Mullen never will.

Go back thru Sherrill's .500 record, add the four directional school wins that Mullen has per year and tell me what his record is.

Every year Mullen plays four directional schools and Kentucky and starts the year 5-0. This isn't the way it used to be in SEC football. Before all the television money made games against baby seals fashionable and profitable, most teams only had one or two. And they only had 10 game seasons not 12.

Since you left it out I presume on purpose what is Sherill's SEC record versus Mullens? Going to make me look it up?

We know no one wants to talk about Mullins record versus ranked teams.

I will clean this up some later.

I didn’t leave anything out - but at least you are consistent in not letting facts affect your opinions. Perhaps you are remembering MSU under Sherrill as being good because our QB’s have been amazingly consistent at throwing 4+ INTs in the aptly named Starkville.

Look again. I did not leave out his .417 SEC winning percentage. In 13 seasons, he won at least 8 games just 4 times, including one 10-win season. He also had 6 losing seasons and got them 4 years of probation in the process. He won 2 of the just 6 bowls they made.

Mullen’s .463 SEC WP is against a far stronger west than Sherrill’s .417, accomplished in an era when the east dominated.

I’m not saying Mullen is great. He’s done pretty well at a lousy place. I don’t at all want Mullen at UF. But Sherrill wasn’t great at MSU either. He won more at aTm, but got them on probation too.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Glad she's happy up there in Starkville with her husband coaching in front of 60K fans. Hope she stays the hell out of Gainesville.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is if you’re getting $4mm a year & no pressure from the admin or fans as long as you win an average of 7-8 games each season. He’s got it made.
And you start with 5 wins so long as you can manage to beat directional schools and kintucky.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
As I remember, after Meyer creaked along to 9-3 record in 2005 not unlike Muschamp and McElwain seasons with close wins and not great offense, Mullen complained that UF's fans were not grateful enough for all these wins. That really stuck out to me and makes me view him as a guy with out the desire to be great and not a candidate for the UF job ever in my mind. It certainly made me view him as a candidate who would view a couple of SEC east titles when the east was down as enough.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question...would you know who the hell the wife of a coach is in public...on her own?

I find it hard to believe that people were berating her because 'they didn't score 40 points' so bad that she couldn't go to Publix.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley and albaverdi told a caller that was angry over the possibility of mullen being hire that it's definitely not gonna be mullen.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Again, those saying it's going to be Mullen, and there are a lot of writers suggesting that, know less about this subject than the guy who changes my oil. It's amazing how utterly lazy these guys are. Even just a little investigating before they write an article would have debunked the whole Mullen thing.

And while on the subject of lazy writers, I've seen at least a dozen articles on the firing that look like they were all written by the same guy. It's rare anymore when I read an article that doesn't just list the obvious with nothing new or insightful. No behind the scenes looks or information you couldn't get from Yahoo. And on top of that, most of the time words are misspelled and improper English is used. It's pitiful.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again, those saying it's going to be Mullen, and there are a lot of writers suggesting that, know less about this subject than the guy who changes my oil. It's amazing how utterly lazy these guys are. Even just a little investigating before they write an article would have debunked the whole Mullen thing.

And while on the subject of lazy writers, I've seen at least a dozen articles on the firing that look like they were all written by the same guy. It's rare anymore when I read an article that doesn't just list the obvious with nothing new or insightful. No behind the scenes looks or information you couldn't get from Yahoo. And on top of that, most of the time words are misspelled and improper English is used. It's pitiful.
:exactly: All of this. The Mullen talk is completely lazy. And welcome to the world of blogging, real journalism is dead.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've had to explain to more than one person already why Mac was fired despite the SEC East "titles" and why Dan Mullen doesn't need to be anywhere near our program.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:exactly: All of this. The Mullen talk is completely lazy. And welcome to the world of blogging, real journalism is dead.
Sadly, a lot of the poor editing comes from major sites like Sports Illustrated, ESPN and major newspapers. Hell, Jimmy Olsen could win a Pulitzer in today's journalistic environment.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, a lot of the poor editing comes from major sites like Sports Illustrated, ESPN and major newspapers. Hell, Jimmy Olsen could win a Pulitzer in today's journalistic environment.
Good point.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question...would you know who the hell the wife of a coach is in public...on her own?

I find it hard to believe that people were berating her because 'they didn't score 40 points' so bad that she couldn't go to Publix.

And she's the wife of a coordinator. Not the HC's wife. Who does she think she is? Of course she is the wife of a HC now, but she wasn't back then. I can only imagine what her ego is like now. :lmao2:

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
And she's the wife of a coordinator. Not the HC's wife. Who does she think she is? Of course she is the wife of a HC now, but she wasn't back then. I can only imagine what her ego is like now. :lmao2:

Well.. someone in the coaching thread suggested Malzahn.. wanna talk about a wife that nobody wants around? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.