Mullen's record.....and his wife rips Gainesville

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could rot like that. I'd even pay you six figures to go fetch expensive wine and women for me.
Six figures for this...

upload_2017-10-30_10-45-57.jpeg
images

May as well hire Butters.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Miss St fans aren't unrealistic. They know where they are on the SEC food chain, so they are very happy with 8-9 win seasons and an occasional top 25 ranking. Finish the season in the top 25 and to them that is a great year. So yes, most coaches would enjoy being there because it's less stress and pressure.

That said, we'll find out for sure how sincere the Mullens are when they say they love being at Starkville. There will be a lot of coaching searches this year, and I can see multiple teams contacting Mullen because they consider him a safe hire. I just hope UF isn't one of those teams.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My biggest fear re Stricklin -- his familiarity with Mullen. Hopefully it's tempered with a sense of objectiveness. We can do a whole lot better than Dan Mullen, and at a lesser price.
He said enough for me to think that he believes his relationship with Mullen is good where it is...in the past. I’m actually optimistic about this hire.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He's not going to get offered guys. That's like offering Pat Dooley Mayorship of Gainesville because he writes for the Sun.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I think Ms. SOS was just fine in Gainesville and as far as Shelley being unhappy, I think or at least based on what I've heard she was fine in G-ville until Urbs got to dipping his wick in some strange.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why that last thread got locked but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this conversation.

Theo theo theo. You're falling for the old math game again aren't you? The how can they fire a 9 or 10 win coach game right? it's because the nine or ten win coach today is not a nine or ten win coach when 10 wins was a good coach. A 10 win coach today is yesterday's 8-4 coach. 8 win coach today is yesterday's 7- 5 coach.

Jackie Sherrilll at Mississippi State was a competitor in the west pretty much every year. He was not one step above a doormat like Mullen is. Yes, Sherrill got old and had a few bad years in the end. However he won pieces of the SEC West and went to the championship game. I dont know why you dont have those listed. Mullen never will.

Go back thru Sherrill's .500 record, add the four directional school wins that Mullen has per year and tell me what his record is.

Every year Mullen plays four directional schools and Kentucky and starts the year 5-0. This isn't the way it used to be in SEC football. Before all the television money made games against baby seals fashionable and profitable, most teams only had one or two. And they only had 10 game seasons not 12.

Since you left it out I presume on purpose what is Sherill's SEC record versus Mullens? Going to make me look it up?

We know no one wants to talk about Mullins record versus ranked teams.

I will clean this up some later.

MSU had some really good defenses under Sherrill.

Fred Smoot was a beast.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Mullen isn't good enough for us. Period. I know it. You know it. Stricklin knows it. Dan knows it. And even his oh, so pleasant, wife knows it. They're happy being medium-sized fish in a very, very stagnant pond in Starkville. That's the best they'll ever do.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I don't think I've ever like Mullen's wife more. As I've said, I don't want Mullen. I think hiring Mullen will make us Tennessee. By her saying this, it should sway Stricklin away. Does he think fans want to bring in Mullen after they hear that? So...thank you Mrs. Mullen for potentially saving Florida from becoming Tennessee

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
this makes me happy. anything to further guarantee no freaking mullet anywhere near our university or football program.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
He's not going to get offered guys. That's like offering Pat Dooley Mayorship of Gainesville because he writes for the Sun.
It's more like Dooley getting a job offer from Tampa Tribune, Miami Herald or another real newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator