NBA Finals

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That can happen. What you hope to see is the games get tighter and the level of play better as the series moves on. Both Boston and Houston laid an egg.
Funny how every year everyone lays an egg except the two teams with the most profitable stars.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how every year everyone lays an egg except the two teams with the most profitable stars.
You're on the rigged bandwagon? That would amount to one helluva conspiracy. Golden State for years was an NBA graveyard. The conspirators would have had to go out on a big limb to prop up the Warriors.

And what about the TV weight that a Celtics berth would have carried?

Sorry, can't buy it.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

tenor.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's say there was an effort to get LeBron in and the Warriors mop up with the Cavs. How does that help the league? As decimated as they were, the Celtics probably match up better against Golden State.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron Jame$ and $teph Curry. The Warriors were going to mop the floor with either one, but at least they'll draw the Lebron ratings.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron Jame$ and $teph Curry. The Warriors were going to mop the floor with either one, but at least they'll draw the Lebron ratings.
What was your initial comment here? That the fourpete Finals lineup amounted to a snoozefest for you? You aren't alone.

BTW I have never felt the urge to go out of my way to watch Curry. LeBron? Maybe. But the Cavs are otherwise unwatchable.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Proof it wasn’t rigged. NBA execs were on their knees praying for a Boston-Houston finals. 2 very popular teams with great young talent.

Great storylines.....the vaunted Celtic mystique...best young dudes in the game....fought their way through two major injuries.....best young coach in the game....plays the game the right way...team oriented...share the wealth...gritty.

Houston....electric, highest scoring offense in the league...the MVP....popular CP3 finally getting to the finals.

It would have been a ratings bonanza. But they both choked. Clear and simple. Neither team is done...they’ll be back. In the NBA “the pain is part of the path” as Stevens said. Nearly always it takes a year or two for a team to break through.

Viewers will be down no doubt with a 4 peat. But they earned it. I’ll enjoy it immensely.....love watching what Lebron is doing and the Warriors play the game the way its meant to be played. Ball and player movement.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dollars to donuts it doesn't cincopeat. LeBron's gonna test free agency.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
My question is how could the conspirators have gotten to that many Rockets players? How much money would it take Paul to sit out when he craves a title? How do you get that much money to that many players to miss 27 3’s in a row? Miss 37 of 44? How much money does it take to pay millionaires to go along AND stay silent? Same with the Celtics? How do those young guys and Al Horford go along with the deal AND stay silent?

There were bad calls against all 4 teams. None that swung the game or series. Only two things could have possibly turned the ultimate results......Lebron not playing insane and Paul not getting hurt.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Dollars to donuts it doesn't cincopeat. LeBron's gonna test free agency.

I still think 76ers. It would be good for his legacy to return to Miami rather than jumping all over the league. As a Heat fan...I can only dream.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still think 76ers. It would be good for his legacy to return to Miami rather than jumping all over the league. As a Heat fan...I can only dream.
Sixers seems to be the favored speculation. They're young and hungry.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My question is how could the conspirators have gotten to that many Rockets players? How much money would it take Paul to sit out when he craves a title? How do you get that much money to that many players to miss 27 3’s in a row? Miss 37 of 44? How much money does it take to pay millionaires to go along AND stay silent? Same with the Celtics? How do those young guys and Al Horford go along with the deal AND stay silent?

There were bad calls against all 4 teams. None that swung the game or series. Only two things could have possibly turned the ultimate results......Lebron not playing insane and Paul not getting hurt.
Just saying, it's funny the moneymaker players are the ones who are always in the Finals while the nobodies have the mysterious collapses. Anyone remember the Blazers and Kings choking against the Lakers? Let's also not forget that we're not that far removed from an actual NBA ref doing prison time for being dirty as sh*t, and you think he was the only one? GTFO.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Just saying, it's funny the moneymaker players are the ones who are always in the Finals while the nobodies have the mysterious collapses. Anyone remember the Blazers and Kings choking against the Lakers? Let's also not forget that we're not that far removed from an actual NBA ref doing prison time for being dirty as sh*t, and you think he was the only one? GTFO.

The bottom line is...far more often than not....the better teams win over a 7 game series. The “moneymakers” are such because they deliver. It stands to reason they are less likely to choke.

That ref went to PRISON. Probably a fairly good deterrent. But I do not dispute that a single player or a single ref could be tainted and turn a game. But that’s a criminal...not a conspiracy.

Your questioning the actual choke though. I’m interested (seriously) how you suggest this went down for the Rockets. 27 missed 3s in a row....7 for 44 overall. Yet Harden went for 32 and had a decent game. What are you suggesting? How do you surmise it went down? There would be millions on the table in book and movie deals to get just 1 person to blow the lid on such a conspiracy....how is everyone kept quiet for life? These theories have been around 25 years now....why no expose?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I only watched the tail end last night. Were there a lot of questionable calls?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I thought there were 2 bad calls on Harden shooting 3’s.

To me analytics pretty much sum up the game and explains who won and who lost.

While rockets were going 7-44 from 3 the Warriors hit 16 at a high 41%. The rockets shot 40 % overall the Warriors shot 49%. GS had 25 assists the rockets had 17.

You can conspire with a team and pay them to miss, I guess...but how do you pay a team to hit half their shots and hit over 40% from 3? If you just look at the 2nd half the percentages were even more skewed to GS. Significantly so.

Another legit question is if your team has been paid (I’m assuming it had to be millions) to throw the game how do you gamble and come out on fire and be on the brink of running the opponent out of the gym? If its the mob conspiring with the rockets wouldnt that be gambling with being found in a river somewhere?

Finally, watch Chris Paul and the entire bench during the Warriors comeback. Watch Eric Gordon’s reaction on a couple of Curry three’s. Do these reactions appear to be of a team trying to lose?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Did i mention how tired i am of the cavs and warriors? Thank God for college baseball.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the cavs win a game

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member