***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Iowa***

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Appleby's brain just short circuits anytime a defender gets within 3 yards of him.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
UFB. AA is HORRIBLE. He takes another sack and puts us out of FG range.

It might have been too far for us to chance in any case, that he did not get say 5 yards to make it possible is the issue. Now without seeing what was down field it might have been as good as possible. Sure better than a pick six int.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it's not as bad as I was expecting, yet... Hopefully our OLine comes out in the 2nd half with a bit more will-power and can get the run game going some. Other than the one Scarlett long run, it's been pretty pathetic so far.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I would be happier if people like you could recognize and celebrate a moment of Gator success without poisoning it with negativity. We can't score more than one TD per drive, so when we do, celebrate it. Reserve your negativity for those times when it's fitting. This is so obvious.

...but it's cooler to ridicule and deride. :tard:

OK I get it, what I think is just constructive commenting you think is negativity. Where did I ridicule or deride, after all a back that has not played much actually broke 6 tackles and scored, I was celebrating that. And generally I don't post to make anybody happy other than me, it is does that is good.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Draw play would have been better. Get back to the LOS and down the ball. But we are too stupid to execute 2 plays in a row. You could have that as a package in that situation. No T.O and have a chance for a FG. Just call it a combo and run the draw, back to the LOS and down the ball.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Well, it's not as bad as I was expecting, yet... Hopefully our OLine comes out in the 2nd half with a bit more will-power and can get the run game going some. Other than the one Scarlett long run, it's been pretty pathetic so far.

Per ABC, halftime stats

Rushing
AA - 4 for -17 (I hate that college football doesn't deduct sacks from the passing attack.)
but I think he did have 1 forward run
Rest: 11 for 85 - avg 7.7 or thereabouts

Scarlett big run: 46
rest of runs by RBs": 10 for 39 - avg 3.9 ypp

Passing:
8 of __ for 159

Thompson big play: 85 yards
rest of receptions: 7 for 74 - avg 10.6 ypc

That's better on paper than it looked on TV. We started slow thanks to the turnovers.

Iowa:
rushing: 22 for 88 = 4.0 ypp
passing 5 of ___ for 26

ABC doesn't show time of possession, but our offense has been on the field a lot, and so far we've kept their running game from getting onto a roll.

Let's keep it going, GATORS !!!

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
But we misplayed the last 30 seconds, thanks to AA holding the ball for a sack that didn't stop the clock. That would have been the perfect time for Eddie to get to try an extra long one.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Hopefully somebody told him this would be the last time he ever plays this game again and he might want to leave it on the field and step up in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield, just like he was told the first time he played pop warner.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice throws by Appleby. I'm beginning to really enjoy Ox's birthday!

:bananadance:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hopefully somebody told him this would be the last time he ever plays this game again and he might want to leave it on the field and step up in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield, just like he was told the first time in played pop warner.
They say the 25,678th time is the charm

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator