***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Iowa***

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like grown men in short pants kicking each other in the shins and flopping around like a fish if anyone gets within a foot of them. :lol:

I know... that sh!t has ruined watching it for me. It's beyond ridiculous. I wish they'd institue some kind of rule to discourage that crap. Not to mention makes'em look like a complete and total puzzy.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Is this a soccer thread?

Says a lot about what Fooley has done to our program.
My bad.........foley sucks. mac sucks. recruiting sux. applybee sucks, pumpers suck, our offense sucks times ten, we are doomed. someone play a funeral march,..................ok back on track now...........carry on.,

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Same here. I love watching the World Cup. It is my favorite game to teach in PE (besides basketball) But it is the best game for young kids to play. Size and speed dont dominate in soccer. Heart and smart does.
Yes, soccer is far more interesting when you understand more of the strategy. World Cup is about the only time I watch it, though.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like grown men in short pants kicking each other in the shins and flopping around like a fish if anyone gets within a foot of them. :lol:

Soccer is not a puzzy's sport. It's rough and dangerous - hence, the coroner kick.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Soccer is not a puzzy's sport. It's rough and dangerous - hence, the coroner kick.

Quite so.

In my world, everyone is allowed to have a few prejudices, baseless or not.

Soccer is one of mine. HATE to watch, and don't like to play it. (Part of my childhood was overseas. I played a lot of soccer. And cricket. And rugby. And field hockey.) Soccer sucks. If every soccer pitch in the world was transformed into a lacrosse field tomorrow, that would be a giant step forward for mankind.

The only good thing I can say about soccer is that without soccer, we wouldn't have foosball. Foosball is the sport of the future. The equipment is relatively inexpensive, durable, and compact. The sports scales up exceedingly well to the ultra-dense urban population centers we have now and will increasingly have in the future. If foosball were to be adopted as the universal sports in elementary schools, 99% of school children could play competitively, as it's easy to establish handicaps that reduce the disparity between highly skilled players and not-so-skilled players (like me.)

Risk of injury is very low.

It's a sport for a life-time.

And ... I've heard ... it goes well with drinking.

(End of soccer rant. Back to Gator football. Where a soccer player may be the MVP of our next game.)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Quite so.

In my world, everyone is allowed to have a few prejudices, baseless or not.

Soccer is one of mine. HATE to watch, and don't like to play it. (Part of my childhood was overseas. I played a lot of soccer. And cricket. And rugby. And field hockey.) Soccer sucks. If every soccer pitch in the world was transformed into a lacrosse field tomorrow, that would be a giant step forward for mankind.

The only good thing I can say about soccer is that without soccer, we wouldn't have foosball. Foosball is the sport of the future. The equipment is relatively inexpensive, durable, and compact. The sports scales up exceedingly well to the ultra-dense urban population centers we have now and will increasingly have in the future. If foosball were to be adopted as the universal sports in elementary schools, 99% of school children could play competitively, as it's easy to establish handicaps that reduce the disparity between highly skilled players and not-so-skilled players (like me.)

Risk of injury is very low.

It's a sport for a life-time.

And ... I've heard ... it goes well with drinking.

(End of soccer rant. Back to Gator football. Where a soccer player may be the MVP of our next game.)
Loved foosball in college. My brother and I were an unstoppable team. Though you can really mess up your wrist playing.
I was never this good though.
funny-gifs-epic-foosball-play.gif

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wtf...happen to the bowl game thread? :lol: BTW...Soccer is a b*tch sport and that's why they are allowed to play it!!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Baseball is for slow suburban children that need to move more.........Baseball is the chessgame of major sports...........too much thinking standing around and sitting...............In basketball and soccer there aint a lotta of standing around waiting and waiting and waiting...........

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Baseball is for slow suburban children that need to move more.........Baseball is the chessgame of major sports...........too much thinking standing around and sitting...............In basketball and soccer there aint a lotta of standing around waiting and waiting and waiting...........
Baseball teaches patience, grasshopper.
Kung-Fu-David-Carradine.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Got our tickets that SQ scored through work yesterday, club level, section 211 with a parking pass included. $170 face value. :dance:

Only drawback is we're on the Iowa side of the stadium, but based on Field of Dreams, they're nice folks anyway.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see Tabor is saying in interviews that we had the better team than Michigan in that bowl game beat down last year and that Michigan just had good coaching. Talk about a stupid statement and I wonder what the coaches think with him saying that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see Tabor is saying in interviews that we had the better team than Michigan in that bowl game beat down last year and that Michigan just had good coaching. Talk about a stupid statement and I wonder what the coaches think with him saying that.
Telling the truth is a problem.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Telling the truth is a problem.

Maybe about coaching but after that beatdown it is laughable for a player to suggest his team was the better team in reality. I don't know what goes through these kids heads sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.