Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At down 10, I thought we were going to lose. We just don’t win roads games. But holy crap what a finish.

There is a reason Mitchell and Wingo don’t play much. Defense will continue to improve as depth improves.

Hope Seaton saw how much we need him.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Boy, we really are overthinking this. Mertz took a snap and ran straight back and out of the end zone. There was zero chance of him getting caught and strip-sacked. There was nothing "risky" about it.
It’s amazing to me that given all of the questionable time management decisions we’ve made that anyone is complaining about the long kneel-outs and the safety. We should all be celebrating because that was about as good as you can do it.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I thought we won, on the road, scored 40, had 11 explosive pass plays, scored 14 points in the 4th quarter, and did not Cristobal at the end of the game. I must have been watching another game.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Working 7 days a week, missed the game, caught the last minute on Gator Radio driving home. Guess a missed a decent game and wild ending. Back to work…

Go Gators!!!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good of them to crank The Immigrant Song in the background. We invaded and plundered.
Haha we were hearing that too!

So now you'd better stop
And rebuild all your ruins
For peace and trust can win the day
Despite of all your losing

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I told you exactly why that was not the right thing to do. All your response is trash. You are not looking at what I was saying. One shanked punt and we lose. Did that go over your head? Are you really an Engineer?
Why are we eating our own, Huh????Just enjoy the effin "W". and get ready for the leghumpers...GO GATORS...

:jog:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
shaking the negative out of the tree of winning seems to be a sport. But even SOS had detractors.............and the guy that won most of our natties, well he is horrible to some............
J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF
It’s called pursuit of perfection. Something they were taught.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
At down 10, I thought we were going to lose. We just don’t win roads games. But holy crap what a finish.

There is a reason Mitchell and Wingo don’t play much. Defense will continue to improve as depth improves.

Hope Seaton saw how much we need him.
I forgot there's still some of that Mullen stench.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What a Goddam PUSSY
SCARED MONEY takes a safety your stupid ****
Wow, that being said from Tuna-boat.
Probably one of the smartest options the staff came up with this entire season to not shyt the bed at this point in a game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why are we eating our own, Huh????Just enjoy the effin "W". and get ready for the leghumpers...GO GATORS...

:jog:
:exactly:

This team is far from perfect and the staff too. But like you said, enjoy the win. Some can be the most miserable 5-2 team in the country. I'd say many and most all would have been asked would you take 5-2 going into the UGAly game, with this team, yes.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
It’s amazing to me that given all of the questionable time management decisions we’ve made that anyone is complaining about the long kneel-outs and the safety. We should all be celebrating because that was about as good as you can do it.
Exactly! We saw game time coaching at its finest (finally), and a couple people still lose their minds. Go Gators.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just now reading through all the comments made during the game and it reminded me why I rarely post during the games.

Clearly I didn’t drink enough yesterday afternoon. What a clown show.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we won, on the road, scored 40, had 11 explosive pass plays, scored 14 points in the 4th quarter, and did not Cristobal at the end of the game. I must have been watching another game.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can't complain about winning this game whether it was USCe or not. Most would have called this game a toss up before the season started anyway.

The coaching is showing small but noticeable signs of improvement with regards to playcalling and game management. Positive.

Offensive playmakers emerging(Boardingham, Tre & Jackson)Positive.

Mertz showing he's got a good handle on running this offense even when run game is bottled up. Positive.

Closing out both the first half and second half(minus the clock runoff)with scoring drives working against the clock. Positive. BIG POSITIVE!!!

Back end of defense(LB/DB) needs to be locked in the weightroom and not allowed to leave for any reason this offseason....we'll have Uber bring them food which will be forced down their throats until they achieve the proper weight and strength requirements to avoid getting trucked by any opposing RB/WR....this sh!t is getting embarrassing....NEGATIVE!!!

Both Oline and Dline get a neutral rating....They aren't terrible but they all seem to be looking around waiting for someone else to make a play/block/sack or take a leadership role. They also need to be locked in the weightroom this offseason with the LB/DB....We have no true masher on the oline....

Can't complain about ST this week. Positive.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can't complain about winning this game whether it was USCe or not. Most would have called this game a toss up before the season started anyway.

The coaching is showing small but noticeable signs of improvement with regards to playcalling and game management. Positive.

Offensive playmakers emerging(Boardingham, Tre & Jackson)Positive.

Mertz showing he's got a good handle on running this offense even when run game is bottled up. Positive.

Closing out both the first half and second half(minus the clock runoff)with scoring drives working against the clock. Positive. BIG POSITIVE!!!

Back end of defense(LB/DB) needs to be locked in the weightroom and not allowed to leave for any reason this offseason....we'll have Uber bring them food which will be forced down their throats until they achieve the proper weight and strength requirements to avoid getting trucked by any opposing RB/WR....this sh!t is getting embarrassing....NEGATIVE!!!

Both Oline and Dline get a neutral rating....They aren't terrible but they all seem to be looking around waiting for someone else to make a play/block/sack or take a leadership role. They also need to be locked in the weightroom this offseason with the LB/DB....We have no true masher on the oline....

Can't complain about ST this week. Positive.
Started fast, ended the first half with a score and finished the game with with some clutch scores. Pretty impressed with that growth.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just thinking about our 4th down play that we ran into the end zone for a safety, this would have been a great time for D George to commit a false start. That would have been a 10 second run off.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not to be too negative, but a shout out to BN:

NO MORE TRICK PLAYS THIS SEASON. PLEASE.

THE TIMING AND EXECUTION LOOK LIKE

Julia Louis Dreyfus Dancing GIF

We aren't good enough for those plays yet. Maybe next year when our balls drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator