Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, Kiffin’s entire plan that game was to not get blown out. It was all about perception with him. After his Rocky Top in the Swamp talk earlier, he didn’t even try to win and purposely slowed the game down in the fourth quarter to play keep away from us. That’s when I knew for sure he was a complete fraud. One of the most embarrassing performances I’ve ever seen.
Wasn’t that the brutally hot game at noon?

I think I was at that one. It sucked.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One other thing about crowd noise, not in more than 10 years, and not even so much in the 2000's vs the 90's, but I've been at several games (again, especially in 90's) where the who "ORRRRRANGE!... "BLUUUUUUE" thing went on wayyy longer than normal. But I have never heard Orange/Blue go back and forth as long as it did I think in the 3rd quarter... not even close... it just kept going and going.. to the point where the crowd overtook the crawler on the led board and the orange and blue lights

You know what else we didn’t see and hear? The DJ and constant pumped in garbage music. No idea if this is the reason or not, but I sent a “nicely worded” email last Monday about those things, and mentioned the band being completely drowned out by music that has ti be bleeped every two seconds. Have to wonder if I wasn’t alone. If so, and that’s the reason for the change, I commend them for listening. That is a gameday atmosphere that kids will line up to play for.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This. We baited them into helping us run out the clock in the 2nd half. It was a super conservative game plan, but it worked.
I liked the controlled, sneaky aggression of this defense. Hambone & Co has something going on.

Still a young defense and a young coach. There will be growing pains this season.

Looking forward to next year (and also this years gameplan with a week off against the humpers)

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017

This right here. Dudes a leader already
Console your young teammate who just gave up a big play. we need you, theres more downs to play

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Classless, just like the guy who tried to take Mertz head off on the last play. Will be interested to hear what Napier has to say about the ******** at the end of the game.
I’ve seen a few of these comments. What did he do? I must have missed it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I liked the controlled, sneaky aggression of this defense. Hambone & Co has something going on.

Still a young defense and a young coach. There will be growing pains this season.

Looking forward to next year (and also this years gameplan with a week off against the humpers)

The constant shifts on the DL were awesome. Feels like we haven’t seen that since Floyd and Easley were here. You could tell it, along with tue crowd, bothered Milton.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know what else we didn’t see and hear? The DJ and constant pumped in garbage music. No idea if this is the reason or not, but I sent a “nicely worded” email last Monday about those things, and mentioned the band being completely drowned out by music that has ti be bleeped every two seconds. Have to wonder if I wasn’t alone. If so, and that’s the reason for the change, I commend them for listening. That is a gameday atmosphere that kids will line up to play for.

I commend you for taking the initiative.

I doubt anyone else cares but would it be possible to have you send another email regarding the softball games?
You wouldn’t believe the vile crap that passes for music at those games and they don’t seem to have a bleeper handy either.
Not exactly the kind of respect for women that UF touts.
I’ll shut up now.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Btw, it’s the Great Hambino.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
One thing I noticed was the effort put forth by Jadon Hill (23) on the Devin Moore (28) interception. When Moore doesn't follow Hill for blocks on the return, Hill chases him down and gets in front of him and tries to throw some blocks anyway. He didn't just stand there and watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator