***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The diehard pumpers will tell you Mac had a much tougher climb because of Mushchamp. What makes that funny as hell is those same folks are the ones that wanted to keep Mushchamp. :lol:

*Sarcasm*. Of course Butters had a tougher climb, he is starting a RS frosh QB, whom he recruited and has had 2 full spring practice sessions, 2 full fall practice sessions and now some game time. There is no way he is ready for the rough and tumble SEC. Meanwhile UGA started a true frosh last season and is currently starting a true frosh now. So you see................... oh nevermind!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was not in favor of keeping Muschamp and and not very big on the idea of keeping McElwain but there's no question he inherited a tougher environment then Kirby Smart. Georgia was a much better football team when Smart took over then Florida was when they brought in McElwain.

This. I'm all in for canning McElwain, and will admit that Smart has his team playing lights out--something we've never seen from this staff. But they absolutely walked into different situations.

The muschamp comparisons are equally flawed. The NFL is littered with players from Meyer's last few classes and we had a solid class coming in when he left. McElwain inherited an absolute dumpster fire and a 100+ ranked class. He's done some good here in his time,especially given those circumstances. Simply acknowledging that isn't some endorsement of him. It's reality. I think too often we insist on seeing things in black and white and leave little room for balance. The fact is neither were, or are, good enough to be the head man at a place like UF, and thus, should've never been hired in the first place.

gooneygoogoo

Dec 3, 2015
I was not in favor of keeping Muschamp and and not very big on the idea of keeping McElwain but there's no question he inherited a tougher environment then Kirby Smart. Georgia was a much better football team when Smart took over then Florida was when they brought in McElwain.

“And yet” we beat uga chimp’s last year and Butters first so were they really better? Just saying

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm more concerned about scoring in this one. Like, will we score?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
“And yet” we beat uga chimp’s last year and Butters first so were they really better? Just saying

Ask any Georgia fan and they'll tell you those were upset losses where Georgia had the better team but lost...much like how Florida fans view many of the games during the Vince Dooley years.
So, yes, I would still maintain that Smart inherited a better program than McElwain.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
F V C K them all. F v c k Richt, Herschel, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (f v c k him twice), Buck Belue, Goldberg, Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), Quincy Carter, Frank Sinkwich, Lewis Grizzard, R.E.M. and the B-52's, David Pollack, Uga (every last flea bitten one), Wally Butts, Jake Scott, Champ Bailey, Newman ("Hello Newman"), Charley Trippi, the Athens City Council, Garrison Hearst, all Stinchcombs, Ray Goff, Will Muschamp, Alton Brown, Pat Dye, John Isner, Fran Tarkenton, anyone who wears red and black, Kim Basinger, Terrell Davis, Kirby Smart, Charles Herty, Jim Donnan, Ryan Seacrest, Jarvis Jones, Chip Beck, Knowson Moreno, Kevin Butler, Bubba Watson, Mark Schlabach, Catfish Smith, Dominique Wilkins, and Pop Warner. Yes, f v c k them all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Butters N Company are teaching them to take their whoopins.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
480503758.gif

This going to be a Saturday to remember my Gator friends, :eek3:

gooneygoogoo

Dec 3, 2015
Ask any Georgia fan and they'll tell you those were upset losses where Georgia had the better team but lost...much like how Florida fans view many of the games during the Vince Dooley years.
So, yes, I would still maintain that Smart inherited a better program than McElwain.

Hell according to Georgia fans every loss is an upset. They have more pre-season national championships than any team in history. You could make a case either way. We were in rough shape on offense when Butters took over but had a championship level defense and a QB who is now in the Heisman talk on our roster. Uga started Bauta at QB and then a freshman. Big upset chimps last year. We were favored in 2015 and 2016. I hate uga more than any other team but Smart is doing a great job this year. I was hoping they would have some disappointing losses this year so maybe he would start to be viewed as the next Muschamp but doesn’t look like that is what’s going to happen. The only caveat is they haven’t played anyone really. Here’s hoping Auburn and Tech can pick them off and then they get throttled by Bama.

gatorvet90

Aug 17, 2016
I've been avoiding this thread. Nothing pleasant comes to mind.

Oh, I have it. Kids get done with soccer around 1:30, then I'll take them to the golf range and let them take turns driving the cart while I play for 18. Perhaps later, we'll watch a Disney film. That shouldn't leave me crying or cursing, should it?

Unless you watch Bambi (crying) or your putting is as bad as mine (cursing). But it sounds like a good plan.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
F V C K them all. F v c k Richt, Herschel, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (f v c k him twice), Buck Belue, Goldberg, Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), Quincy Carter, Frank Sinkwich, Lewis Grizzard, R.E.M. and the B-52's, David Pollack, Uga (every last flea bitten one), Wally Butts, Jake Scott, Champ Bailey, Newman ("Hello Newman"), Charley Trippi, the Athens City Council, Garrison Hearst, all Stinchcombs, Ray Goff, Will Muschamp, Alton Brown, Pat Dye, John Isner, Fran Tarkenton, anyone who wears red and black, Kim Basinger, Terrell Davis, Kirby Smart, Charles Herty, Jim Donnan, Ryan Seacrest, Jarvis Jones, Chip Beck, Knowson Moreno, Kevin Butler, Bubba Watson, Mark Schlabach, Catfish Smith, Dominique Wilkins, and Pop Warner. Yes, f v c k them all.
This is what the series is about..........fck them like the nasty ass mongrels they are. Red and black are not colors they are abominations when contrasted together. Why has UGlyA suckd so long? Cause (VD)ooley used up 3 decades of luck like some mysterious magician. Serves em right.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Smart is doing a great job this year. I was hoping they would have some disappointing losses this year so maybe he would start to be viewed as the next Muschamp but doesn’t look like that is what’s going to happen.
so what you are saying is after 30+ years UgA finally, FINALLY got "Smart"..............Kirby aint no name for a big time ballcoach. It is a vaccum cleaner or insurance salesman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This. I'm all in for canning McElwain, and will admit that Smart has his team playing lights out--something we've never seen from this staff. But they absolutely walked into different situations.
Smart had 3 or 4 freshmen playing OL last year and has started a true freshman QB both years.

Butterteeth inherited two 4 star QBs and similarly fvkked up OL and a defense stuffed w NFLers. So yeah, we agree that Smart had it much, much rougher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.