***Official Gatorchatter BBQ Thread***

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
6d27a48c40c03a1512cad49291ba6de1.jpg

Got a chili cook off for charity at work Thursday, ate a few corners off for dinner Sunday and I'm cooking the chili tonite, chili is always better after a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think it's worth starting a thread about and if you click this you will probably be interest in cold drinks, but my "yeti" cup is the ****. Rtic will be yeti in less than a year and I got in a little early. They got sued by yeti (for the latches of the cooler only) and got behind on pre-orders. I'm not expecting my cooler till February and ordered it back in August. But I'm not going camping for a while and it's not going to be beach or pool season till at least March so it's not that big of deal.
ece4a9eaa20686c5e972598abbd3400b.jpg

The cup is made by the same chinaman as yeti, I paid $39 for 2, the yeti guy paid $39 for 1. The coolers are the real deal. Yeti sued them over the lid latches and they had to make a few changes, got behind and are working on them.
I don't have any stake in the company, just passing along some info for my fellow cheapasses

Sent from my AR-15 at 3000 feet per second.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's worth starting a thread about and if you click this you will probably be interest in cold drinks, but my "yeti" cup is the ****. Rtic will be yeti in less than a year and I got in a little early. They got sued by yeti (for the latches of the cooler only) and got behind on pre-orders. I'm not expecting my cooler till February and ordered it back in August. But I'm not going camping for a while and it's not going to be beach or pool season till at least March so it's not that big of deal.
ece4a9eaa20686c5e972598abbd3400b.jpg

The cup is made by the same chinaman as yeti, I paid $39 for 2, the yeti guy paid $39 for 1. The coolers are the real deal. Yeti sued them over the lid latches and they had to make a few changes, got behind and are working on them.
I don't have any stake in the company, just passing along some info for my fellow cheapasses

Nice upgrade from the zolo cups!

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Didn't even place in the chili cook off. Some damn turkey BS won. Pork verde came second and a decent sweet one can third. Mine was too smokey or too spicy for the folks that tried it

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
404e155c569af2d335f91516e4a7ef2d.jpg

4th place brisket chili.

Damn good looking chili up there ^^. Never had a brisket chili but I'm sure it's good. I like my chili spicy, not sweet. I also like a lot of beans. Not a fan of cornbread with chili.

Occasionally I'll make a white chili. Uses chicken and white beans. Sometimes I'll add a little bit of corn to it but not much.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stuff looks damn good bro. 4th place ain't too shabby unless there were only 4 pots. How many entries were there and how was it judged? I know sometimes in work-related cook-offs they ask the crowd to vote. I bet that smokey brisket gave it a great texture. Looks like you used light and dark red beans.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
there were 20-30 entries. basically, employees paid $5 to charity and got to taste any and all of them, then cast their vote for whichever one they liked best.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
That's good looking stuff.

I've got a 5-burner Weber gasser and a KJ Big Joe for smoking and charcoal cooking (that now gets FAR more use than the gasser).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have a Weber Genesis, don't remember the series but it's a 4 burner. We use our grill 2 and sometimes 3 times a week. I always marinate or rub whatever goes on the grill. My heat shield and burners are in really bad shape....Is it worth while to replace the guts of this grill or should I just buy a new one? It isn't even 3 years old and I've never had a grill last me more than 2. I'm getting tired of buying a new grill all the time....Any suggestions?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a Weber Genesis, don't remember the series but it's a 4 burner. We use our grill 2 and sometimes 3 times a week. I always marinate or rub whatever goes on the grill. My heat shield and burners are in really bad shape....Is it worth while to replace the guts of this grill or should I just buy a new one? It isn't even 3 years old and I've never had a grill last me more than 2. I'm getting tired of buying a new grill all the time....Any suggestions?
I've got a Weber Genesis that is 7 1/2 years old and still works great. Last December i replaced the grates and "flavorizor" bars or whatever they call the heat shields and it still works great. There are some hot spots but overall no complaints. A good weber should last you a long time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like you have the 400 Series. Really should be any need for you to replace the whole thing. You might have to replace a component here or there but it should last you a very long time. I have a Genesis 300 or 3 burner. I've had to replace the igniter a few times and other components but the shell is good.

Aren't you a car dude?

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I'm going to get accused of working for them but a green egg is the best all around unit out there, and it has a lifetime warrantee. I don't have one but when my current grill bites the dust I'll get one. Or a primo or joe, all good warrantees, egg has way more dealers though

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally got the backyard finished. Outdoor kitchen complete
rsz_20151214_164111.jpg
. Looking forward to some grillin' during this Florida weather. :cool:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally got the backyard finished. Outdoor kitchen complete
rsz_20151214_164111.jpg
. Looking forward to some grillin' during this Florida weather. :cool:
I don't see the pic.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't see it either

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to get accused of working for them but a green egg is the best all around unit out there, and it has a lifetime warrantee. I don't have one but when my current grill bites the dust I'll get one. Or a primo or joe, all good warrantees, egg has way more dealers though

My dad has a green egg and i've used it a couple of times and they are fantastic...want to get one when my Genesis craps out on me...could be awhile

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator