Orlando Sentinel headline-Foley: Muschamp will have entire season.....

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever said:
If we somehow lost to Tenn Foley better pull the plug at 4 losses or that will be a real bad picture with the stands empty against Eastern Kentucky (Miami like empty probably). He better at least handle it like he did with Zook but the better choice would be to let Roper finish things out probably.
hey fever,, he aint pulling jeff! no matter what he does. i was told he's got a good grip on the midline

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n62857 said:
He better do this, he better do that....or what???

He will look like a bigger fool than he already has on the issue. These guys all have egos and it will eat him up with the media and fans etc non stop saying what the hell is he doing. If we were to have 4 losses after a Georgia loss it will be crazy how big the uproar is.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever said:
URGatorBait;n62857 said:

He will look like a bigger fool than he already has on the issue. These guys all have egos and it will eat him up with the media and fans etc non stop saying what the hell is he doing. If we were to have 4 losses after a Georgia loss it will be crazy how big the uproar is.
fever is that even possible for him to be a even bigger fool?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n62870 said:

Not saying I disagree with you here, however, it doesn't make much difference. No one will be filling this spot right after. So this hurry up and get it overwith approach doesn't really do much, except leave a team in limbo until someone is hired. At this point, Foley doesn't have to announce his intentions, he can let the season play out and do it whenever.

If he waits until the end of the season fires Muschamp, and is able to do a quick turn around then, that could reduce the number of losses we face in recruiting. But you fire him in the middle of the season, it will be months before a replacement is known, and you are assuring yourself that you will have a poor recruiting class.

All I'm saying is, let the crap play out. You guys get all worked up over "he better do this, he better do that, IF this happens, IF that happens" Bro, have a drink or something.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
URGatorBait;n62857 said:

People will probably start picketing near the AD's office.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n62870 said:

Not saying I disagree with you here, however, it doesn't make much difference. No one will be filling this spot right after. So this hurry up and get it overwith approach doesn't really do much, except leave a team in limbo until someone is hired. At this point, Foley doesn't have to announce his intentions, he can let the season play out and do it whenever.

If he waits until the end of the season fires Muschamp, and is able to do a quick turn around then, that could reduce the number of losses we face in recruiting. But you fire him in the middle of the season, it will be months before a replacement is known, and you are assuring yourself that you will have a poor recruiting class.

All I'm saying is, let the crap play out. You guys get all worked up over "he better do this, he better do that, IF this happens, IF that happens" Bro, have a drink or something.
Point taken but I think doing it Zook style would help recruiting better if we reach that point but letting Roper finish out would be the best choice.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n62870 said:

Zook still finished the season, just knew he was done after the season.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever said:
URGatorBait;n62857 said:

actually like the plane and banter better

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
If we somehow lost to Tenn Foley better pull the plug at 4 losses or that will be a real bad picture with the stands empty against Eastern Kentucky (Miami like empty probably). He better at least handle it like he did with Zook but the better choice would be to let Roper finish things out probably.
Maybe soon he'll have a good grip on his pink slip.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n62870 said:

I know and that would be better for recruiting even though it will be bad regardless this season probably.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't believe it. I don't think he's going to publicly say Muschamp will be fired if we lose to ut.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n62870 said:

I think have Muschamp recruiting with the belief that he is still the coach is better than having nobody go out and visit players. Months of uncertainty doesn't help anything... we aren't going to be able to hire a coach until after the season so there is no benefit in getting rid of Muschamp prior to that point... other than to please some people on this forum.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The whole football world knows that Muschamp is coaching for his job this season. The only football related thing we are number 1 at is Muschamp on the "hot seat" lists. Why Foley acts like this is all a big secret, or even negotiable kinda irks me. All he has to say is that Will Muschamp is our coach. No timelines or criteria. He is our coach...until he is not our coach.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
If you didn't expect him to say this, then you were fooling yourself. Now I believe most Gator including Foley (as proven with Zook) believes the season ends as soon as we are out of the SEC East race. I'm sure once that is guaranteed, the athletic department will be sending out people to find who is interested and who is a fit for the Head Coaching Job at the University of Florida.
It is mathematically possible. It is not logical, because it is highly unlikely.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nothing unexpected. We all know, even if only deep down, that Foley realizes he simply cannot allow UF to continue down its current path. You can make a questionable hire, and still understand the intricacies of college football. And I don't buy for a second that a decision to begin a search wouldn't start Sunday Oct 5th, if we wee to lose. It may not be finalized, and certainly not announced. But the talks would begin. He has 2 examples of post-season new hires (Zook and Muschamp), and one tat he began working on in Oct (Meyer). The results speak for themselves.

The one thing that I think has not been discussed much is the fact that in 3 years, WM has shown nothing that would indicate he's capable of winning 7-8 games. He's either had horrible seasons, or won 11 games. His teams don't seem to bounce back from adversity very well(classic irony). When we went on our tear in 2012, beginning at A&M, we were rolling, playing inspired football, and finding ways to win. Post the uga game, with one exception, we were garbage. In both last year and 2011, once we started a slide, we were garbage. So this modest improvement/headed in the right direction talk, I think, is moot. If we win in Knoxville, I do think that momentum could carry over to Lsu, Mizz and uga. Bu the same is true the other way around. Should we lose either to ut or Lsu, I could see one of those midseason slides like we've seen in his other years, and that would kill any chance of 7-8 wins. Bottomline, hopefully the team plays inspired against the vols and trends from there. But if not, it's safe to say the season and WM's career in Gville are done.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I hate Mushchump. I hate Fooley. They are sorriest pair of azzholes in all of college football. I'll never forgive them for the way they have destroyed this football program. I wish both of them a slow and very painful ending to their sorry, miserable lives.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator;n62920 said:
I hate Mushchump. I hate Fooley. They are sorriest pair of azzholes in all of college football. I'll never forgive them for the way they have destroyed this football program. I wish both of them a slow and very painful ending to their sorry, miserable lives.
You stay classy. :rolleyes:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator;n62920 said:

No worries fellas, just another joke, nothing to see here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
bayou gator;n62920 said:

If Foley fixes the mistake, I find it hard to have anything against him. Great ADs can still make mistakes. It looks that way with WM. But the killer for us was the injuries last year. Everyone was talking about it, while also pointing to the 11 wins the previous year. As bad as it was, and as obvious as it was to most that injuries were not the real issue, Foley would have probably been crucified for making a move. If Franklin stays one more year, it's probably already in the works. Bad timing to have the injury-plagued season we had, because it just masked the problem. Then again, so did every thing going our way in 2012. We've been a mirage. But it's hard to blame Foley for that, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.