Patriots under investigation from NFL

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155861 said:
Can someone explain how the deflated ball helped the Pats run around, over, and through the Colts' defense all day long?

It's MUCH harder to tackle somebody carrying a deflated ball.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n155864 said:
It is two different issues.
The Colts lost that game regardless of the deflated balls. To "protect the shield" the NFL will need to punish the Patriots at this point, and hopefully they do a better job investigating and explaining than they did about the Ray Rice issue.

The issue is, there are questions about if the officials examined the footballs correctly before the game. If it is found that the officials were negligent, then the Pats shouldn't be held liable.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n155869 said:
It's MUCH harder to tackle somebody carrying a deflated ball.

Not sure about tackling him, but I guess you could make an argument that it would be harder to strip the football from him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155876 said:
The issue is, there are questions about if the officials examined the footballs correctly before the game. If it is found that the officials were negligent, then the Pats shouldn't be held liable.

Which is why it should be investigated. But accordingly, during the game it is the Patriots job to make sure the balls stay inflated per what NFL Network has said, so they are still liable to a point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the balls were flat because dougie ran out of air

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n155886 said:
I think the balls were flat because dougie ran out of air

I picked the Pats, I deflated them so Blount wouldn't fumble.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155861 said:
Can someone explain how the deflated ball helped the Pats run around, over, and through the Colts' defense all day long?

This coming from MR. (law and order) North Jawja who said the OSU students had it coming for celebrating in the streets... You are being a Hypocrite. If a rule is a rule, then there had to be a reason the Pats circumvented it and thusly should be punished. I could care less who won the game, but BB is a cheater and has been for years... It is pretty well established at this point... I am not arguing the fact that the Pats dominated. However, if the deflated balls affects Brady's grip causing an early turnover, or off target throws, who knows what happens... I recall several drops by Indy receivers, and those have an impact.... Nonetheless, BB and the Pats will be reprimanded by Goodell to maintain the integrity of the game... look for them to lose a draft pick or two...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n155896 said:
This coming from MR. (law and order) North Jawja who said the OSU students had it coming for celebrating in the streets... You are being a Hypocrite. If a rule is a rule, then there had to be a reason the Pats circumvented it and thusly should be punished. I could care less who won the game, but BB is a cheater and has been for years... It is pretty well established at this point... I am not arguing the fact that the Pats dominated. However, if the deflated balls affects Brady's grip causing an early turnover, or off target throws, who knows what happens... I recall several drops by Indy receivers, and those have an impact.... Nonetheless, BB and the Pats will be reprimanded by Goodell to maintain the integrity of the game... look for them to lose a draft pick or two...

I am sure you live your life to every standard you put on other people. :rolleyes:

I never said they shouldn't be punished, so I don't know where you think I am being a hypocrite.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
We all know pretty boy brady sucked the air out of them just like he does his O Lineman in order to get them to block for his obnoxious azz ......:hehehe:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So this article on ESPN answers some questions...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

The Colts balls were tested also, and were found to be ok.

The Pats balls were tested at half, found to be low, fixed, and given back to the Pats. They were then tested after the game and found to be ok.

Sooo, the Patriots scored 21 3rd qtr points. A total of 28 second half points. They had 17 first half points. In the 2nd half, the Pats had 9 yds less rushing and 26 more yds passing when compared to the first half.

I posit that the stats show that the Pats played better with the properly inflated balls. Had the Pats played with properly inflated balls in the first half, they may have hung another 7-14 points on the Colts...

:moon:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I guarantee every single football is deflated to some extent by the end of each half from natural wear and tear/climate. By how much? Don't know, but the only way they NFL could prove foul play is if someone comes out and admits to it with corresponding video of said person in the act of deflating footballs.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n155923 said:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

The Pats balls were tested at half, found to be low, fixed, and given back to the Pats. They were then tested after the game and found to be ok.

Sooo, the Patriots scored 21 3rd qtr points. A total of 28 second half points. They had 17 first half points. In the 2nd half, the Pats had 9 yds less rushing and 26 more yds passing when compared to the first half.

I posit that the stats show that the Pats played better with the properly inflated balls. Had the Pats played with properly inflated balls in the first half, they may have hung another 7-14 points on the Colts...

boom-o.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Boyles Gas Law
PV=nrT
Temperature goes down, then Pressure goes down....directly proportional

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n155923 said:

Good info. I think that the majority of people believe that the deflation of said balls did not change the outcome. The Pats were just a much better team. Which goes to show you(and them) just play freaking ball instead of cheating. They cheated and the team will be punished. No doubt.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n155925 said:
I guarantee every single football is deflated to some extent by the end of each half from natural wear and tear/climate. By how much? Don't know, but the only way they NFL could prove foul play is if someone comes out and admits to it with corresponding video of said person in the act of deflating footballs.

I think one article I read said a Boston College physicist said there was zero chance cold weather even worse than that day would drop anywhere close to 2 pounds of pressure from a football.

I think the NFL will act regardless if someone talks or not and just say NE had control of the balls when it happened. How they have some of their rules written I doubt NE could do much about it.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n155937 said:
Boyles Gas Law
PV=nrT
Temperature goes down, then Pressure goes down....directly proportional

This quote is about tire inflation and cold weather. I believe that it 51 degrees at game time?

If you live in a cold climate and have a heated garage, the opposite problem can occur. As soon as you leave the confines of your heated garage and go out into the colder weather, your tires can lose inflation pressure. Again, for every 10 degrees F dropped, the tires will lose approximately 1 psi each.
Bottom line -- you should always check your tire inflation pressure when your tires are cold, and inflate them to the recommended pressure at that time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Curious to see what Brady says now that Belichick said to ask him that he knows nothing about it. In reality as far as the NFL goes it might be best if Brady just says something like he told the equipment manager that he liked his footballs as deflated as possible and things went too far. That might just give him and the team a big fine and no draft picks taken possibly. If NE goes the route of just trying to hang the equipment manager/ball boy out similar to what they did with spygate I think the NFL will come down much harder and take a draft pick etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator