Penn State's Facilities

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
GatorJ;n132150 said:
Bama and FSU have been at the top of the recruiting rankings over the last several years. So yeah. That's what's been happening.

Of course there is a correlation, even a cycle of perpetuation where talent recruited = on-field success = more talent recruited. But, we all like to watch the games, right? I mean, the fun of being a fan is in the anticipation and hope of winning. I'm just tired of people who have their hair on fire because the recruiting class looks bad. It is what it is, we'll get better or we won't. I hope we do, and I think we will return to relevance, though not dominance, within a year. Being ranked again would be a good start. The drama on here is over the top.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n132158 said:
Of course there is a correlation, even a cycle of perpetuation where talent recruited = on-field success = more talent recruited. But, we all like to watch the games, right? I mean, the fun of being a fan is in the anticipation and hope of winning. I'm just tired of people who have their hair on fire because the recruiting class looks bad. It is what it is, we'll get better or we won't. I hope we do, and I think we will return to relevance, though not dominance, within a year. Being ranked again would be a good start. The drama on here is over the top.

Folks that follow recruting are like that. It's why I followed for one year and then never again. They're either harder than Greek mythology or ready to jump off the bridge after every tweet sent out. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;132158 said:

I agree with that to a certain point. We've had decently ranked classes over the last several years but the classes have been horribly unbalanced and development has been less than average at best.

Sammie Coates af Auburn just declared and his been a total stud at WR. He was a 3 star.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
MJMGator;n132161 said:
Folks that follow recruting are like that. It's why I followed for one year and then never again. They're either harder than Greek mythology or ready to jump off the bridge after every tweet sent out. :lol:

Exactly! Following posters who follow recruiting is like watching sausage getting made.:panic: I prefer my irrational, emotional, gator-related highs and lows on Game Day.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys just aren't cool enough to follow recruiting

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure which icon is a better comment about this...

:eek:hnoes2:

:violin:

:shake:

:couch:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n132092 said:
So you're still saying that we weren't a nationally relevant football team two years ago? The whole point is, we were relevant two years ago. When the current seniors in high school were sophomores. Very relevant. TV ratings show how many people were watching us play that year. The only teams with better viewership that year were Bama and Notre Dame, and they were in the NC game. These kids (especially the ones from this state) grew up watching the Gators dominate. A few bad years won't change that, otherwise FSU wouldn't be where they are right now, because they were essentially irrelevant for almost a decade before returning to the spotlight.

If you're basing relevance on national championships, then there's only one relevant team per season, and 125 some odd irrelevant teams. If that's your stance, then you're even more brain damaged than originally assumed.

But the facilities Squatch, some teams have state-of-the-art placemats in their locker room hallways, while we, well, we don't. The shame of it. And we'll continue to have awful facilities until Foley is finally fired. Doesn't matter that he's the national model for successful AD's, 7 or 8 brainiacs here think he should be fired.

Now that the dark cloud pumpers no longer have Muschamp, it's Foley and Facilities. At least until Mac loses a game or two, then it'll be Mac, Foley and Facilities. I know, I know, it's a message board, that's what we do here, bitch about dumb ****.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
We can sit here behind keyboards and debate this issue but the recruits are the only ones that matter, and if these things matter to them, sooner or later they will matter to us. Stick your heads in the sand if you want to on this one if you choose.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
It looks like we recruit just fine with our stank locker than don't have digital name plates and sh!tty buildings with no laser beam lighting. For the last 6 years we had classes ranked 8th, 1st, 11th, 4th, 3rd, and 9th. Anyone wonder what the classes would have looked like if we had a coach that knew how to score the football, or just one that got a waterfall for the locker room?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n131964 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we just have a big upgrade in the not so distant past? It's not something that can be done every couple of years. And I'm not talking about an IPF...I know how everyone feels about that. But it's not like the facilities we have are complete dumps.

Yes they are. We don't have gold plated toilets yet!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.