REPORT: Mike Shanahan wants to coach Florida or Michigan

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's no telling. With Shanny it would be an upgrade but how long has he got it in the tank.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n100724 said:
Does he even know many top notch college assistance? Know how to recruit (other than the Pell Way)? Know how to simply game plans so distracted 19 yoa with lil fat girlfriends can learn it in 20 hours?
I agree. No need to go there. We don't need gravitas, we need a coach that can recruit. We are sucking butter with our recruiting and have been since the chump got here.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n100888 said:
The best hope for us is that some shiiit program like Ga Southern pays him to be an HC or someone pays him a bunch to be a DC next year. Every dime he makes offsets the 2.8 we will have to pay that lunatic the next few years.
I would trade the chump for the Georgia Southern coach and I don't even know his name.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Shanahan would be an upgrade but foley won't be interested it seems.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
oxrageous;n100538 said:
Rather stick with Muschamp, eh?

I wonder how Shanahan would be viewed by recruits.

Probably like a curiosity.. an old guy with fake-looking teeth who hasn't seen a college sideline in 30 years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n100838 said:
If Treon continues this pace he's on, Muschamp's not going anywhere.

+1 Finally someone made the point that needed to be made. This team LOOKS different. Not just the much-needed balance on offense (215 yards in the air versus 214 on the ground) that Harris has brought, but the level of intensity this team now shows. We're literally swarming to the ball on defense and playing lights out on the offensive line, two things that weren't there earlier in the season. Maybe just maybe we've finally turned the corner under Muschamp.

Conventional wisdom will challenge that notion and point to Harris likely turning over the ball when a stiffer pass rush comes, but until it happens it's all conjecture. We're on a two-game winning streak, including a convincing win over our biggest SEC rival, and we've looked damn good in the process.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hiring Shanahan would be hasty and desperate. I would rather keep Muschamp. Maybe the OJT is beginning to pay dividends.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not to sure about Shanahan and recruiting? It seems like unless he had All World Coordinators, we could be in trouble. I would prefer a proven college HC like B Stoops or Gundy.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
SaltGator;n101159 said:
Not to sure about Shanahan and recruiting? It seems like unless he had All World Coordinators, we could be in trouble. I would prefer a proven college HC like B Stoops or Gundy.

Proven? All Stoops and gunny have proven in the past five or more years is that they choke in big games.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, my first impressions on this is along the lines of too old for the kids, has been and limited career left in the tank. We need to go younger in this sense. It may be mute if we run the table as it is less about the coach when winning and better play selections become staples of the team identity. Just saying.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Both are far better than Chimp.

All Chimp has proven is that he has a losing record against everyone but Kintucky and Tinerc and that he'll never get to a big game.

I hope you love Shreveport or Memphis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n101060 said:
We'd be lucky to have him.
But.... isn't he an old southern white guy who has never had a black QB?

Just hacking on ya, KC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2A you need to post more, because your avatar is everything that's right about Mericuh.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101169 said:
Proven? All Stoops and gunny have proven in the past five or more years is that they choke in big games.

Either one would be a major upgrade over Chimp. Saban and Kelly are not coming, who would you want?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n101205 said:
He's only 62? He looks 82.

:lol: good to know, you're right, visually I thought he was pushing the 70 mark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator