Roper says don't expect Harris short of an injury

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n67568 said:
God OP you seem like such an insufferable c*nt fixated on the same damn thing. Of your 1356 posts 1352 must all say the same exact thing. Get over it already.

Well the injury thing wasn't said before so you can get over it. That is one of the main issues with Gator fans now. Its not my fault you were so off on things.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
williston: Totally right. No need to panic.

"Excuse me. Why have the engines stopped? I felt a shudder."

"I shouldn't worry, madam. We've likely thrown a propeller blade. That's the shudder you felt. May I bring you anything?"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67555 said:
To be fair, we've only lost 1 games this year and it was to freaking Alabama. A bit soon to panic too much.
Considering how bad we played against bama. It took a triple overtime to beat Kentucky. And we lost our last 7 games last year. I think panicking is pretty warranted.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67561 said:
Other than EMU where has that time been. A close game against Kentucky, or a hostile atmosphere at Alabama. This might be the first game that would be a good time to put him in.
I think he could have put him in when the bama game was out of hand.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67577 said:
Considering how bad we played against bama. It took a triple overtime to beat Kentucky. And we lost our last 7 games last year. I think panicking is pretty warranted.

I haven't hit panic, the Alabama game was concerning and the Kentucky game was odd. If we get curb stomped by Tennesse then panic might be the word. I think this team has underachieved, and with a week off to fix issues it should come out better. I didn't expect the offense to gell until after the 4th game, and I believe EMU might have been some fools gold in offensive production due to the strength of the opponent.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with Doug. Roper isn't going to publicly state that he's planning for JD to play poorly and we have TH ready to replace him when he does. We all know JD a has played poorly, but there's no need for the OC to further deteriorate any confidence he may have by making that kind of statement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67580 said:
I haven't hit panic, the Alabama game was concerning and the Kentucky game was odd. If we get curb stomped by Tennesse then panic might be the word. I think this team has underachieved, and with a week off to fix issues it should come out better. I didn't expect the offense to gell until after the 4th game, and I believe EMU might have been some fools gold in offensive production due to the strength of the opponent.

I just don't see us stopping their passing attack. They throw the ball way better than bama. And our boys have already givin up. I think the " noise in the system" has gotten too loud. All these boys are hearing when they're not practicing is how this game is do or die. The coaching staff is feeling the pressure aswell. Meanwhile Tennessee is building some momentum and they are going to be extremely up for this one.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67577 said:

animated-gif-panic.gif

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I dunno wtf you guys want sometimes. If EMU isn't a real team then why is everyone going ape shart over Treon's performance against them? By your own logic we haven't seen him play yet.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67594 said:
I dunno wtf you guys want sometimes. If EMU isn't a real team then why is everyone going ape shart over Treon's performance against them? By your own logic we haven't seen him play yet.

It is not about what Treon has done but more to do with what Driskel has not been able to do.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67592 said:
I just don't see us stopping their passing attack. They throw the ball way better than bama. And our boys have already givin up. I think the " noise in the system" has gotten too loud. All these boys are hearing when they're not practicing is how this game is do or die. The coaching staff is feeling the pressure aswell. Meanwhile Tennessee is building some momentum and they are going to be extremely up for this one.

If they have given up then it shows more about the character of this team, then even the biggest naysayer has predicted. Tennesse qb has an arm and big recievers, but their lines are questionable. Tennesse should be up for this game. They couldn't beat us at our worse last year, and now have a shot at ending a 10 year beat down at home this year. Our staff and players should feel the pressure, and that is why it is so important. Either the pressure invigorate this team, or break it. We won't know until Saturday.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67581 said:
So losing ugly to UT is the new Gator standard for failure?? God how much we have fallen.

It is what it is, man. That's hard for a lot of Gator fans to swallow. We aren't a powerhouse team right now. Most teams go through peaks and valleys, we are just in a valley right now. doesn't mean we'll never get back up the hill though.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Question, based on how this team has played so far, is there any reason to suspect that we will do better than last year or have any reason to think this year will be different.? 2012 he played well enough. Last year he gets a pass. I have not seen any improvement so far. The game tomorrow will let us know where JD and this regime stand

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n67595 said:
It is not about what Treon has done but more to do with what Driskel has not been able to do.

I get that. Can't deny though that there is a lot of Treon love lately. I know it's the whole back-up QB is most popular guy on the team thing. But what happens if he gets in and isn't any better? Same crap different jersey. Sucks. I am in no way against Treon getting playing time. But I do thinks it's too early in the season to give up hope.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like the character of the team is a reflection of the coach or coaching staff. But there's only so much a 18- 22 year old kid can hear. I do agree that we are better on the lines of scrimmage . I just don't think we can score with them. And you're exactly right the pressure will either make or break this team.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67603 said:
I get that. Can't deny though that there is a lot of Treon love lately. I know it's the whole back-up QB is most popular guy on the team thing. But what happens if he gets in and isn't any better? Same crap different jersey. Sucks. I am in no way against Treon getting playing time. But I do thinks it's too early in the season to give up hope.

If Treon sucks, WM will get even more blame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.