Roper says don't expect Harris short of an injury

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That opens up a Pandora's box of blame. Why not Roper at that point then? That was his hand picked guy a la Brissett. Will we now blame Muschamp for Treon beating out Grier?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67618 said:
That opens up a Pandora's box of blame. Why not Roper at that point then? That was his hand picked guy a la Brissett. Will we now blame Muschamp for Treon beating out Grier?
If, in year 4, after 3 OC's and numerous other options at QB, the play continues to digress...then the ONLY common denominator is the HC. The buck stops with him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n67622 said:
If, in year 4, after 3 OC's and numerous other options at QB, the play continues to digress...then the ONLY common denominator is the HC. The buck stops with him.

I realize that. It is apparent though that for many fans too much damage has already been done to the point that no matter what happens any success will be attributed to being inspite of instead of because of Muschamp. People have their minds made up and it shows.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67623 said:
We have seen him play relative to JD in the same game. Treon was sharper. I am not saying he is the second coming yet. But was ther really a good reason not to put him in towards the end of the Bama game?

But....these are your own words. "EMU does not count as a real team." Which is it?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67623 said:
We have seen him play relative to JD in the same game. Treon was sharper. I am not saying he is the second coming yet. But was ther really a good reason not to put him in towards the end of the Bama game?

EMU's second team defense wasn't a good judge. Even though I'm high on Harris, it isn't a good sample size and at times looked lost on running plays. Because Bama could have broke him. Bad environment against a good team, could potentially kill a freshman's mojo. Our line played well, but didn't play great. Our recievers were also inconsistent in their route running and holding onto the ball. Not a good environment to get started.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Roper may be speaking in code. If we see JD running a lot of Inside Power, then we'll know.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Would be interesting to know what the players really thought about JD

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, It may seem like I'm picking fights. I promise I'm not.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67574 said:
If we lose ugly to UT, then panic lol.
What if we barely lose to UT? What then?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
oxrageous;n67631 said:
If we lose to UT then there will be pandemonium. Champ won't have much to say

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Made up our minds is one way to put it. I'd say we've seen enough to know what we have

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67634 said:
This is what the Bama cleanup duty was supposed to be for. Could it be any worse?

For the team, no, but for Harris... yes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n67631 said:

It will somehow be considered improvement by Foley. And the extremely optimistic fans will say this streak was bound to end someday. I'm sure some excuses will be made. I personally feel bad for muschamp and his family right now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n67631 said:

His margin for error will be nil, and is there loss to UT that isn't ugly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.