Roper says don't expect Harris short of an injury

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n67625 said:
The team is tired of Muschamps empty promises and the double standard applied to JD. They have tuned him out.

Do you know someone on the team to make that assessment? I feel they did last year, but I can't say that did last year. Right now the team is 2-1 and would doubt if they have tuned him out because they are still alive in all the races that are important regardless of how we as the fans feel the likely hood of that being. Still in second place one game behind Missouri for the SEC East race as of right now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67624 said:
I realize that. It is apparent though that for many fans too much damage has already been done to the point that no matter what happens any success will be attributed to being inspite of instead of because of Muschamp. People have their minds made up and it shows.

I still don't understand what you're getting at. If he's lost any/most of the fan base and has no hope for redemption it's only because he has done such a terrible job. Our football program is at a place we haven't seen in over 3 decades under his watch. Do you expect them to be throwing roses at his feet during the Gator Walk?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n67667 said:
I still don't understand what you're getting at. If he's lost any/most of the fan base and has no hope for redemption it's only because he has done such a terrible job. Our football program is at a place we haven't seen in over 3 decades under his watch. Do you expect them to be throwing roses at his feet during the Gator Walk?

No dude, what I'm getting at is we've played 3 games this season with only 1 loss to the #3 team in the country which was a penciled in loss anyway. And even if we do lose tomorrow (which would be horrible for many reasons) Gators still aren't even out of the SEC East hunt. There's still a chance that we could win the SEC East and I'd bet people would still be pissed about it. Comments would shift to "oh great, now he won't get fired" if Gators wins the East. It seems to me that no matter what happens people will find a reason to down the coach. We should hope for success not failure.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
williston_gator;n67670 said:
No dude, what I'm getting at is we've played 3 games this season with only 1 loss to the #3 team in the country which was a penciled in loss anyway. And even if we do lose tomorrow (which would be horrible for many reasons) Gators still aren't even out of the SEC East hunt. There's still a chance that we could win the SEC East and I'd bet people would still be pissed about it. Comments would shift to "oh great, now he won't get fired" if Gators wins the East. It seems to me that no matter what happens people will find a reason to down the coach. We should hope for success not failure.

Stop being reasonable!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67670 said:
No one is hoping for failure. Most of us just realize THERE IS NO HOPE while he's at the helm. You will, too, by the end of the season. Trust me on this.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
MJMGator;n67674 said:
No one is hoping for failure. Most of us just realize THERE IS NO HOPE while he's at the helm. You will, too, by the end of the season. Trust me on this.

It is well known that optimistic people live longer. Coach and Williston, be kind to your children, they will be taking care of you in your old age. :lol:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will say that if we lose to Tennessee my optimism will greatly diminish lol. But like I said, we technically could still win the east which is kinda nuts.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n67680 said:
It is well known that optimistic people live longer. Coach and Williston, be kind to your children, they will be taking care of you in your old age. :lol:

I'm optimistic...that whoever we hire after this season is over will be an upgrade and brighter days lie ahead. :lol:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“I think the biggest thing our team sees when they go out there is they watch him practice and they see what he’s able to do on the practice field,” Roper said. “Jeff practices well all the time. He’s a guy that understands what kind of energy and focus he needs to bring to the practice field. When he comes to work, he comes to work. So I expect him to play well, and I think he will.”

I addressed this in another thread and it was dismissed. I wondered if he was a good practice player and if that was what the staff sees all the time; but when it mattered he just wasn't a gamer. Maybe we should allow TH some game reps....a package of plays each game to see if he has that intangible quality that JD just seems to be lacking.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
^ For the record I'm not against a TH package of plays either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;67537 said:
watch out such comments will have the authority telling you that you are pumping for Muschamp.
You love talking about other posters and how everyone has it out for you...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n67706 said:
You love talking about other posters and how everyone has it out for you...

Just you... who have i posted has it out for me?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Alagator;n67698 said:
“I think the biggest thing our team sees when they go out there is they watch him practice and they see what he’s able to do on the practice field,” Roper said. “Jeff practices well all the time. He’s a guy that understands what kind of energy and focus he needs to bring to the practice field. When he comes to work, he comes to work. So I expect him to play well, and I think he will.”

I addressed this in another thread and it was dismissed. I wondered if he was a good practice player and if that was what the staff sees all the time; but when it mattered he just wasn't a gamer. Maybe we should allow TH some game reps....a package of plays each game to see if he has that intangible quality that JD just seems to be lacking.
In golf parlance it's known as being a ranger rick or driving range hero. Means nothing if you cAnt take it to the course. You would think the coaches would have figured this out by now

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n67717 said:
In golf parlance it's known as being a ranger rick or driving range hero. Means nothing if you cAnt take it to the course. You would think the coaches would have figured this out by now

could be due to sample size, which is why I hope to see Harris in for about 30% this week. They need a bigger in game sample size to truly determine if he is a gamer.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67638 said:
It will somehow be considered improvement by Foley. And the extremely optimistic fans will say this streak was bound to end someday. I'm sure some excuses will be made. I personally feel bad for muschamp and his family right now.

Maybe Mrs. Muschamp will suggest to Will that maybe he should bench Driskel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator