Rumors on Mac from other site

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Since I am new to the site, I will give everyone full disclosure. I was a long time lurker...former member of the GSMB around 2010ish is when I stopped posting on that site. I would get frustrated reading all the negatives on this site and YES< I wore orange and blue glasses. Because of the negativity, I did not join....I like to say that I see the good in people and held out hope. I am in sales and a boss once told me when she asked me if I was getting an agreement back, I responded:"I hope so" Her stern retort was: "Hope is not a strategy!!!". BINGO!!! Ox, etc you guys were right all along. BAD HIRE! You have converted me with sane rational....and HOPE will never be my strategy. Results are the end game, and as Stricklin said, Florida Football needs to be fun again! Go Gators!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
In a business like this, you can't just fire someone after one year. They consider that "irrational". But as fans the most of us can tell if someone is doing the right things to move a program in the right direction for the long haul and it was as clear as day Mac wasn't it during his second season. We need elite leadership and Mac didn't lead at all.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Lost a lot of credibility with this statement.
I disagree and I don't think the kid can be written off until he has had effective coaching which he clearly has not. I am willing to bet that in 4 months time SOS could have him looking like a decent QB and by his senior season one of the best in the conference. I understand the skepticism I just like the kid and want him to succeed.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I disagree and I don't think the kid can be written off until he has had effective coaching which he clearly has not. I am willing to bet that in 4 months time SOS could have him looking like a decent QB and by his senior season one of the best in the conference. I understand the skepticism I just like the kid and want him to succeed.
Wanting him to succeed and believing your eyes are 2 completely different things.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Does he remind you a little of Jacoby Brissett?
A little bit. Brissett is a little better throwing short and intermediate passes and inherently makes quicker decisions, but both seem to struggle reading defenses or seeing past the second read. Would I want Brissett back running Frost's offense? No.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
A little bit. Brissett is a little better throwing short and intermediate passes and inherently makes quicker decisions, but both seem to struggle reading defenses or seeing past the second read. Would I want Brissett back running Frost's offense? No.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
Scott isn't here yet so lets not get ahead of ourselves but if that ends up being the case, you'd suggest Franks and I would assume most of the other QB's on the roster transfer? I don't think we have one that can run ANY offense based on their lack of development and that where I think the problem is. Brissett's numbers are only slightly worse than Rivers, Manning, Winston and Newton, all of which are veteran QB's that have been starters and have better O-lines than the Colts. That kid has been sacked more than any QB in the league I think.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just like the kid and want him to succeed.
Great, so you like the kid and therefore that means he's got potential? Where did I say I didn't like the kid? I just don't think he'll be a great QB.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Scott isn't here yet so lets not get ahead of ourselves but if that ends up being the case, you'd suggest Franks and I would assume most of the other QB's on the roster transfer? I don't think we have one that can run ANY offense based on their lack of development and that where I think the problem is. Brissett's numbers are only slightly worse than Rivers, Manning, Winston and Newton, all of which are veteran QB's that have been starters and have better O-lines than the Colts. That kid has been sacked more than any QB in the league I think.
No, I never want players to Transfer. But it is really difficult for top rated QB's in college these days. There is only one starter and if you believe your future is FB it's very hard to spend your career on the bench especially if you get passed by a younger player for instance say Corral. I'm sure Eason is dealing with this at UGA and wouldn't be surprised if he is considering his options. When you get jumped by an underclassman now you are waiting for the guy in front of you to get hurt which sucks. It's actually easier for the guys who know that they have no shot at the NFL since it's a lot easier to wait in that case.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Great, so you like the kid and therefore that means he's got potential? Where did I say I didn't like the kid? I just don't think he'll be a great QB.
No, it means exactly what I said it meant, I wish him well and hope he improves. I don't think he will be great either and unfortunately it's probably because he chose to come to UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wanting him to succeed and believing your eyes are 2 completely different things.
Weren't you a big Driskel fan?

:confused: I thought you liked terrible Qbs.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You didn't like Franks after the UT game?
I don't dislike Franks. But I've learned to believe what I see. FF can throw the ball a mile so if we need a Hail Mary from the 45 yard line I'm all in on him. But I wasn't impressed when we signed him after watching his highlight footage, and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. I'm not a coach or scout so I could be wrong and will trust the new staff to make the right personnel decisions, but if I was a betting man, which I occasionally am, I wouldn't bet on him ever having success at UF.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't dislike Franks. But I've learned to believe what I see. FF can throw the ball a mile so if we need a Hail Mary from the 45 yard line I'm all in on him. But I wasn't impressed when we signed him after watching his highlight footage, and he hasn't done anything to change my mind. I'm not a coach or scout so I could be wrong and will trust the new staff to make the right personnel decisions, but if I was a betting man, which I occasionally am, I wouldn't bet on him ever having success at UF.

Frost likes QBs that have some mobility. If he stays it will be interesting to see if he can do anything with him. I would still rather Corral play as a true freshman however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator