Saban and Alabama ignored failed drug tests

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When you are at the top of the mountain you'll always have these accusations. Remember when we were winning? EVery other school said we had bag men and every arrest was front page news. Those were the days. Everyone is out to get you and opposing fans hate your guts. God, those were the days.
Winning and championships don't matter anymore. I was just informed that our careers are much more important. So let's talk about work.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Winning and championships don't matter anymore. I was just informed that our careers are much more important. So let's talk about work.

It's not any better on other sites right now. I can see the pumpers sitting in their recliners wearing their stained Back-to-Back SEC East champs t-shirts, eating a tub of ice cream and switching between women's gymnastics and Joel Osteen.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It's not any better on other sites right now. I can see the pumpers sitting in their recliners wearing their stained Back-to-Back SEC East champs t-shirts, eating a tub of ice cream and switching between women's gymnastics and Joel Osteen.

:lmao:

I started laughing more and more when reading this and when I got to the part about women's gymnastics and Joel Osteen I blew ice cream out my nose.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Screw it, if they wanna take them, let them. Being a clean program anymore, is like, being like the only Chipotle that did not have a food-borne illness outbreak.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We just don't have the right Mr Clean running the program

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
We just don't have the right Mr Clean running the program
We need to hire whoever is building JJ Watt up and covering it. He's the only obvious juicer who hasn't been caught yet. Or, maybe we get Gronkowski to teach our players to drink just enough Red Bull to play lights out and not have a heart attack on the field.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Are you drunk? It's a Gator sports message board. I'm honestly baffled at whatever you're getting at.

People are here because they are passionate about Gator sports and want to talk about it with similar ilk. If you really don't care that much, then why be here?

This sub-thread started because someone implied that we should be out-cheating the cheaters, win at all costs. When some one challenged that more or less implying that UF's reputation was more important than winning football games, you said, "You should check out MyDegreefromUFandEnsuingCareerChatter.com. I started it at the same time as this one, but it hasn't garnered as much interest. Turns out most people want to talk about Gator sports and not their career as a tax accountant." If by most people, you mean this board, ok, but I took it to mean most Gators, in which case BS.

By the way, have you noticed how often you direct something like this at posters, "then why be here?" It is okay to challenge your opinions, correct?

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Are you drunk? It's a Gator sports message board. I'm honestly baffled at whatever you're getting at.

People are here because they are passionate about Gator sports and want to talk about it with similar ilk. If you really don't care that much, then why be here?
I know you used it generically, but I object to the phrase "Gator sports message board"!! Anything reminiscent of that old, horribly flawed, and unmanaged GSMB is unwelcome. :grin:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This sub-thread started because someone implied that we should be out-cheating the cheaters, win at all costs. When some one challenged that more or less implying that UF's reputation was more important than winning football games, you said, "You should check out MyDegreefromUFandEnsuingCareerChatter.com. I started it at the same time as this one, but it hasn't garnered as much interest. Turns out most people want to talk about Gator sports and not their career as a tax accountant." If by most people, you mean this board, ok, but I took it to mean most Gators, in which case BS.

By the way, have you noticed how often you direct something like this at posters, "then why be here?" It is okay to challenge your opinions, correct?

I think what Ox is saying that this is a SPORTS message board for non-alumni or those who don't care about the rep of UF and he's not interested in your opinion so go someplace else because he's the 30,998th website on the net and he doesn't need your kind. :dance:

Personally, as an Alum, I think the rep thing is blown way out of proportion. Unless we're 80's level Miami dirty it matters very little to anyone outside of fans.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The respect a Fortune 500 headhunter gives a UF grad & his degree-success will not be blemished one bit
if our football program is doing "under the table stuff" that 8-10 other SEC schools are routinely carrying out.??

In the end it's the leadership one shows after leaving all "special treatment" behind, both in business and NFL.
I want all programs to be following equal rules. NCAA needs to police it so fiercely that schools just accept the
better ethical ways.

The way things are going, soon a Bama recruit will be given a tenured chair in the Physics Department.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Alabama's elite athletics programs, along with its superior academic reputation, are proof that you CAN have it all!

:D

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This should not be a surprise to anyone. Sure Little Nicky doesn't know anything about it. He has all those "analysts" and I sure deflection is one those things in their job description. There's no doubt that those guys seem bigger, better, faster than others. No surprising if they has a little help.
That's what 5 stars look like

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao:

I started laughing more and more when reading this and when I got to the part about women's gymnastics and Joel Osteen I blew ice cream out my nose.
Did you stain your back to back east champs shirt?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Did anyone read the article? He failed drug tests due to pot. I'm sure Bama like all schools have players that take PEDs but weed is not one of them.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Ok Captain American, we'll never be elite again in today's college football. You have to get your hands a little dirty or your just going to be average. I'd like to do everything right and win at the highest level, but it's just too naive to think it can happen that way anymore.
I believe I heard those same comments right before we hired Charley Pell

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.