Seider Replaced by Larry Scott

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Fred, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $285
    Ratings:
    +1,583 / -55
    We will never get another recruit.

2. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $804
    Ratings:
    +918 / -69
    That's not true at all. Just very few that uga also wants.

3. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 98.2% sarcasm 1.8% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    Mullinz lied to him, and he turned down other offers. He can go basically anywhere he wants, but he really wanted to stay in Gainesville.

Im just glad it wasnt clowntown. He will likely end up at scUM or Ugly soon.

#163 Swamp Donkey, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. Marianna-FL_Gator

Marianna-FL_Gator #GangGang
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    He was pissed he didn't get the RB Coach title so he quit doing his job and started interviewing for other jobs. There's also some reports that he was trashing Mullen & Co to recruits. Dude went out like a hoe!

5. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    :headslap:

Wtf is wrong with people?

6. Marianna-FL_Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    Some people refuse to grow up and act like an adult...smh!

7. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    I haven’t seen your take on the class yet. Thoughts?

8. Marianna-FL_Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    I've been in the Bahamas and my lady pretty much put me on phone restrictions while we we're there :lol: that's why I haven't been on here. I think we closed pretty good...could of been better...but bought where i expected. What did u think?

9. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    Really solid class. No reaches except Langham. But he has a high ceiling so he’s worth it. Silvera and NPF would have been good but weren’t critical. We have 17 OL now. So we can focus on elite OL next year.

We are in desperate need of an elite FS.

10. Marianna-FL_Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    I seriously believe we landed a stud in Langham!
    We did really good for a transition class and it's only up from here in my opinion.

11. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    Oh I agree that he’s a stud. There’s usually one underrated kid every year. Malik Davis last year. I think Langham this year.

12. Marianna-FL_Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    We're going to kill it this upcoming cycle bro... :grin:

13. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $546
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / -13
    No its not his style. He did want to keep the RB job but he never quit on UF. He was allowed (possibly encouraged) to interview elsewhere. There is not a single named credible source that I can find that substantiates any report that he trashed Mullen or UF. I’ve heard the new guy needed the loyalty of the RB’s (they loved Seider) and Seider had to go which makes much more sense. Seider is a well-mannered, respectable guy. His personality does not fit this narrative. There is NO indication in the Glades that Seider is denigrating UF in any way. He IS recruiting all over muck city like a mad man though. Penn State has never recruited the Glades to much degree that I am aware but they will start pulling a few. Seider is very connected and admired in the area. His Dad is sort of a local legend as a LONG time coach and AD out there.

I do NOT dispute that this is the story being circulated. We heard it in South Florida. But DM would be wise to back away from it and continue to recruit Glades/Pahokee/South Bay/Clewiston from a positive framework. We can still re-establish that pipeline because while Seider will pull a few it will be limited by distance and weather. If DM pushes this nonsense we will lose this area to FSU and Miami for years.

14. Marianna-FL_Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    DM isn't pushing this...but it's out there.

15. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $546
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / -13
    Agreed.

As i said I wasn’t disputing the report just its accuracy.

The narrative is being ridiculed in the Glades and will hurt us rather than help us. Literally everyone out there knows the Seider family personally and they ain’t buying it. The accusations appear petty and spiteful and were put out there intentionally.

Now if some credible proof is ever offered to substantiate the claim it wouldn’t bother me a bit. I’ve met him but am not a friend. I just would hate to see us continue to lose the Glades (which used to be good to us) over nonsense.

16. GR8 2B

GR8 2B A Florida Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $296
    Ratings:
    +1,148 / -22
    Where ya been, Mari???

Edit: Just read your post re: being in the Bahamas. Excellent reason not to be here. Welcome back!

17. Marianna-FL_Gator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $653
    Ratings:
    +6,627 / -47
    Thanks....glad to be back :chomp:

18. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $804
    Ratings:
    +918 / -69
    lol, really? Langham is one of my favorite guys in the class and I think FS might be our best position on the team (prob rb). Think we already had 3 guys on the roster that could be very good there and Dean is one of my other top recruits and think he projects there.

On the flip side, I think most of our olineman were reaches and think we're super desperate at CB. We're in trouble next year at CB and our oline could look pretty bad in 2019 if guys don't overperform.

19. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,487
    Ratings:
    +9,245 / -58
    Who’s a premier free safety? Dean? I hope you’re right. But there’s not one on the roster right now.

CB is ok at the starting positions. Nickel and depth are pretty sparse.

Good depth on OL. McCoy maybe only elite talent? Not sure.

20. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $804
    Ratings:
    +918 / -69
    I'm not saying any of our guys have shown to be premier, but I think they have the chance to be. Chauncey (think being healthy and a new scheme could help him a lot), Stewart and Davis could all be very good starters and day 2 draft picks (with Chauncey having the measurables to be a Day 1 guy). I also think Dean looks great to this point. Again, I'm not saying we have an elite guy, but it's nowhere near the top of my list of needs for next year.

CB is probably ok, but I have big concerns if Marco can match up physically in the new scheme. He's a heck of a player, but at the weight he was last year he's better suited at nickel if you're in press man all day. The fact that we have no nickel and no good options behind them is horrible. Grantham isn't versatile so we're one injury away from being screwed. That was the biggest miss in this class and it's not close.

McCoy may be elite yet, but he hasn't played like it to this point (going on grades). Fans want to act like he's great, bc most don't rewatch to see his performance, but he had plenty of problems last year and he's limited physically. Really like him, but he hasn't been and probably won't be 'elite'. Could be a good SEC starter though. The problem is that we have no depth at tackle and missed on two guys we needed. I won't name names, but most would ay that if they had to bet that we signed one guy that will ever play tackle at the level of a good SEC starter. So who are the starters in 2019 if JT leaves early? That player and...Stone?