Skip Holtz blasts Muschamp's toxic environment at UF

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n275434 said:
He will never end up working for Muschamp.

Stranger things have happened. But after this article I truly doubt it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp got a broken program and then shattered it into pieces. Worst coach in Gator history.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
VulcanAlex;n275519 said:
More like you have to provide the right motivation and teaching for each individual and each circumstance. Our new coach seems to know the difference.

This. People are different and respond differently. Some need a kick in the butt. Others only respond to positive reinforcement. Others don't need either and are self-starters. A good head coach recognizes this. Muschump didn't. He created a toxic environment where many players were walking on egg shells.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n275531 said:
Muschamp got a broken program and then shattered it into pieces. Worst coach in Gator history.

Worst? You have to go a long way to pass Bear Wolf for that honor.....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...

As for the fun part, Holtz noticed that against Southern. Holtz noted after one of Tech's touchdowns how Driskel came off the field with his eyes "real big," looked at Holtz and said "we got some playmakers!"
"There are some guys that are really helping him, and I don't know how much he got that when he was at Florida," Holtz said Tuesday. "I don't know how much he had the help around that he has here right now."

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
t-gator;n275497 said:
Makes sense. Driskle picked a coach who would be more understanding of his interceptions.

You could say that or you could say there was a huge lack of coaching at Florida for the last several years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n275555 said:
You could say that or you could say there was a huge lack of coaching at Florida for the last several years.

T can't allow that, he has a man crush on Brent Pease.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I were Driskel, finding a coach who consoled his Qbs after interceptions would be my highest criteria also.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n275531 said:

Who else would lose to Ga southern?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Musstank lost to a Ga southern team that did not throw a pass...

Let that one sink in... He was hands down the worst ever

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard that every time Driskel threw an interception, Muschamp would cut a puppy in half with a chainsaw in practice.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Holtz isn't referring to Muschamp when he mentions the "toxic environment." He's actually referring to our fans.

I've honestly never been more embarrassed as a Gator fan. The way a lot of our fans reacted to Driskel's play was pretty shameful. Driskel didn't create the offensive scheme or the depth chart. As far as I can see he just went out and tried to do his best, which wasn't very good. Some of our fans wanted to torture and humiliate the kid for being a failure. Muschamp was the real failure, either for his offensive style, playing the wrong QB, or not recruiting one. Blame the B.O.D. for hiring the window washer as their CEO, not the window washer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n275557 said:
T can't allow that, he has a man crush on Brent Pease.
No I don't. I just hate the fact that he was the scapegoat that year.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n275582 said:
I've honestly never been more embarrassed as a Gator fan. The way a lot of our fans reacted to Driskel's play was pretty shameful. Driskel didn't create the offensive scheme or the depth chart. As far as I can see he just went out and tried to do his best, which wasn't very good. Some of our fans wanted to torture and humiliate the kid for being a failure. Muschamp was the real failure, either for his offensive style, playing the wrong QB, or not recruiting one. Blame the B.O.D. for hiring the window washer as their CEO, not the window washer.
Lets face it, a lot of CFB fans are complete retards who forget that they're watching amateur football being played by college students. Get a life.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n275586 said:
No I don't. I just hate the fact that he was the scapegoat that year.

He wasn't the only problem, but he was part of the problem. Muschamp due to poor management was too expensive to remove. Pease and his questionable play-calling and offense, along with the rest of the offense staff needed to go.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n275588 said:
Lets face it, a lot of CFB fans are complete retards who forget that they're watching amateur football being played by college students. Get a life.

Until they start getting paid...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n275588 said:

except Alabama

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.