Skip Holtz blasts Muschamp's toxic environment at UF

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n275748 said:
Ox, you mad because he did the throat slash to the UF fans? He is actually a really nice guy.
He's scUM.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n275610 said:
Calm, cool and collected.

Angry-Will-Muschamp.gif

This is actually quite interesting and instructional. All the players see him coming and know what's coming. They look up to see if they're being berated in front of the entire stadium.
And Mr. Bluechip Recruit is sitting at home with his parents watching this and thinking, "Hell naw that ain't happenin' wid me. That mfer starts that, I'm liabl to punch him in the face. Boom!"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n275748 said:
Ox, you mad because he did the throat slash to the UF fans? He is actually a really nice guy.
The kid bailed on UF for that slime college. He's a punk. If you happen to know him personally, tell him I think he belongs in prison.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If JD would have thrown 20 fewer interceptions he would have been loved by the Gator Nation.

He's a head case who plays for LaTech, who cares!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n275419 said:
This article makes me sad for Driskel... Glad he is happy at La tech...

I'm really touched that you are sad....... not!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n275582 said:
Driskel didn't create the offensive scheme or the depth chart. As far as I can see he just went out and tried to do his best, which wasn't very good. Some of our fans wanted to torture and humiliate the kid for being a failure. Muschamp was the real failure, either for his offensive style, playing the wrong QB, or not recruiting one. Blame the B.O.D. for hiring the window washer as their CEO, not the window washer.
Driskel repeatedly and incessantly made mistakes that are the type of things that a junior high QB shouldn't, simple things like looking down at the DL instead of watching downfield and mindlessly rolling right on every play. ESPN highlighted them after the Miami loss, but they were pretty evident all along. He also had zzero ability to read defenses or to adjust the line and play to blitzes, admittedly not middle school level skills but necessary at most colleges. Yes, the coaching and scheme sucked. However, even a true freshman like Treon, whom many of you claim is a mediocre talent, arrived on campus, practiced for three weeks, then moved the offense in a manner far superior to Driskel.

Driskel admitted didn't think he needed to practice hard or watch film, thought he could get by on talent alone because looking downfield once then running got him where he was. That too is probably on the coach, but it's still primarily a player issue. Some people are just lazy and dumb. Jordan Reed had more insight than Driskel. Reed could at least manage to read the read option. Reed was also self=aware enough to admit that he wasn't a QB. I'm tired of hearing how great of a Gator Driskel was. He didn't apply himself. It's as simple as that. I don't care that he didn't rape any females. His play was embarrassing. Yes, the coach should have benched him for good midway through 2012, but it doesn't change his own responsibility.

Pretending that other SEC or ACC teams wanted Driskel as a QB is a joke. If he had an offer from even a bottom dweller there is no way he would have accepted a position at a geographical Louisiana school. It's the wrong decision IMO. I suspect he might make a decent WR/TE hybrid but it's his life. I agree that he may get drafted just on his intangibles. There are obviously many NFL scouts who don't bother to watch film.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Holtz should worry about his own team more than that stuff. Driskel is one of the few things I don't totally blame on Muschamp. I just think he spazzed out when under big pressure.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n275849 said:
Driskel repeatedly and incessantly made mistakes that are the type of things that a junior high QB shouldn't, simple things like looking down at the DL instead of watching downfield and mindlessly rolling right on every play. ESPN highlighted them after the Miami loss, but they were pretty evident all along. He also had zzero ability to read defenses or to adjust the line and play to blitzes, admittedly not middle school level skills but necessary at most colleges. Yes, the coaching and scheme sucked. However, even a true freshman like Treon, whom many of you claim is a mediocre talent, arrived on campus, practiced for three weeks, then moved the offense in a manner far superior to Driskel.

Driskel admitted didn't think he needed to practice hard or watch film, thought he could get by on talent alone because looking downfield once then running got him where he was. That too is probably on the coach, but it's still primarily a player issue. Some people are just lazy and dumb. Jordan Reed had more insight than Driskel. Reed could at least manage to read the read option. Reed was also self=aware enough to admit that he wasn't a QB. I'm tired of hearing how great of a Gator Driskel was. He didn't apply himself. It's as simple as that. I don't care that he didn't rape any females. His play was embarrassing. Yes, the coach should have benched him for good midway through 2012, but it doesn't change his own responsibility.

Pretending that other SEC or ACC teams wanted Driskel as a QB is a joke. If he had an offer from even a bottom dweller there is no way he would have accepted a position at a geographical Louisiana school. It's the wrong decision IMO. I suspect he might make a decent WR/TE hybrid but it's his life. I agree that he may get drafted just on his intangibles. There are obviously many NFL scouts who don't bother to watch film.

I knew there were major issues last season when Driskel was missing obvious choices to keep the ball in the read option. He could have walked into the end zone late in that KY game.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n275849 said:

Yes he was awful, was in the wrong scheme, or both. His shtty coach should have benched him. I think we're in agreement on that. Our fans were pretty fcking awful during that time too, FWIW.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n275932 said:
Our fans were pretty fcking awful during that time too, FWIW.

And still kind of are...just saying. And I'm not talking about just on here before anyone gets pissy.

Dec 10, 2014
oxrageous;n275822 said:
The kid bailed on UF for that slime college. He's a punk. If you happen to know him personally, tell him I think he belongs in prison.

Spit in his face and tell him it's from me

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n275966 said:
And still kind of are...just saying. And I'm not talking about just on here before anyone gets pissy.

Other than the Cubs, what fan base would you say accepts losing with a smile on their face? We're just like everyone else...maybe worse after the last 25 years.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n275971 said:
Other than the Cubs, what fan base would you say accepts losing with a smile on their face? We're just like everyone else...maybe worse after the last 25 years.

But he's no longer here losing for us, so is there really a point in still bashing the guy? That's all. Be happy that he seems happy, I don't get why that's a bad thing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holtz wasted no time following up this one by calling Driskel the scapegoat for all our problems last season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n275978 said:
But he's no longer here losing for us, so is there really a point in still bashing the guy? That's all. Be happy that he seems happy, I don't get why that's a bad thing.
You and Sasquatch don't seem to have a problem bashing Urban Meyer, and he's been gone for five years. And he won a couple of titles for us.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n276000 said:
You and Sasquatch don't seem to have a problem bashing Urban Meyer, and he's been gone for five years. And he won a couple of titles for us.

If Jeff Driskel turns out to be the assh*le that Urban Meyer is, I'll turn on him, too.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n276000 said:

Your boyfriend Urban is a lying turd.

But by all means, if you all get off on bashing Driskel...please carry on. I wouldn't want to interrupt your nightly sessions of pleasure.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n276006 said:

But by all means, if you all get off on bashing Driskel...please carry on. I wouldn't want to interrupt your nightly sessions of pleasure.

I lol'ed

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n276006 said:

My boyfriend Meyer brought championships to the school I love, which is the only reason I defend him. Sue me.

Okay so you think Meyer is a liar. What is Muschamp? You can't have it both ways. We can be critical of Meyer and not Muschamp? I just explained to you why I defend Meyer. What the hell is there to defend about Muschamp?

I don't recall saying anything at all about Driskel lately. I don't care if succeeds or fails, honestly. He quit UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator