Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol you started the thread. Had to know what was coming.
LOL. Ox was just trolling for hits.

He is actually a great troll and worthy Sid fighter, we just dont get to see that side anymore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is a strong likelihood that Treon will be carried off on a cart before the end of next week's game.
This is ture. As great as our OL has made Vandy, Kintucky and Mizzu look, we are about to face a truly dominating and nasty DL. Treon may well get hurt. jacob Guy wont last three plays. We could well get to our 4th stringer.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This goes back to Muschamp offensive recruiting
Guys please stop it. Muschamp has been gone for a year now and last years offense was better than this crap. If we didn't give excuses for WM then we shouldn't for Mac. He hasn't figured anything out yet...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. We were running the ball somewhat effectively in the first half and may have been able to wear them out after a while.
:lol: Cue the fifty TAYLOR SUCKS and he is the reason we have no running game threads.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
C'mon, man. We're friggin 10-2 in a year when most of us would have been happy slipping into bowl eligibility. Have we been lucky? Yes. In many ways. Does this season feel a bit like 2012? In some ways, yes.

Re recruiting: When Mac was hired last year, our class was ranked near 100 and in a very short time he pulled together a consensus top 25 class. We're consensus top 15 now and I'd bet a sizable sum we finish in the top 5 given all the talent we're in play for. I'd like to see more OLs in this class, but this is a crappy year for OLs in FL. We're in play for several big time DLs and WRs.

Your criticisms of his tenure at CSU make no sense. He inherited a dumpster fire in a remote college football outpost and made steady progress his entire tenure there, including developing a top tier QB. Just look at how long CU has struggled to see how hard it is to win in Colorado.

There have been frustrating moments and head-scratching decisions this season, but what Mac has accomplished this year, in his first year while installing new systems, with an awful OL while losing our stud QB is nothing short of miraculous.

Mac has the pedigree and all the intangibles to win a bunch of games for us. Tonight's disaster against the Clowns stings, but the future is still very bright. Step back and gain a little perspective.

We have had what 7 weeks of practice since Grier was suspended. The backups should have been getting some reps, much as Treon was when Grier was in. What are the coaches' plans if Treon gets injured? Are the backups not ready to run the offense to some degree?

So while I am not calling for Mac to get fired, I am questioning this coaching staff for continuing to go with Treon when it clearly is not working.

For me, "the bloom is off the rose", "the honeymoon is over", etc

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guys please stop it. Muschamp has been gone ..
Yup Dawgshiit deadender spotting. He still wears his Chimp underwear no doubt.

This end was caused four years ago when Chimp took two offensive linemen, then did it again the following year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any suicides in the street? Anyone we know?

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wildcat to Taylor, 2 fullbacks, 2 TEs, 1 wideout for quick screens and jet sweeps, then run run run the damn ball. It's not like we've got a quarterback who can throw to anybody anyway, so the receivers are just a waste of bodies and space.

Yeah, I know it's stupid and it won't happen, but at this point, it seems like our best bet to stay competitive.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yup Dawgshiit deadender spotting. He still wears his Chimp underwear no doubt.

This end was caused four years ago when Chimp took two offensive linemen, then did it again the following year.
The offensive line played one of their better games last night, yet our coaches didn't take advantage of it....Not giving WM any excuses and don't think Mac should get any either.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Ox was just trolling for hits.

He is actually a great troll and worthy Sid fighter, we just dont get to see that side anymore.
On has become the biggest troll on his own board. He should label himself as such.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is on Mac. No, I'm not ready to fire him yet, but I'm pretty worried. He might well be stuck with Treon, but that doesn't mean he's also stuck with the same playbook.

Here are a few things I consider facts. Dispute them if you wish:
  • Harris can't see more than two receivers during any given play.
  • Harris can't throw over the middle.
  • It's easier for young offensive linemen to run block than pass block.
  • If you only have one quarterback, you can't make him a running quarterback.
  • A fullback makes the running game better.
  • A fullback up the middle on play-action is Harris' only shot at a pass up the middle.
  • Kelvin Taylor is a very good running back.
What does all this mean?

It means having more than two wideouts on the field is a waste of personnel. And it means every 185 lb wideout should be replaced with a 250 lb tight end or fullback.

It means every single play should start with the run, even if it turns into play-action.

Yes, Muschamp left the pantry pretty damned bare on the offensive side. But it is Mac's job to use what he has. Since he lost Grier, he has not demonstrated an ability to do that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We had so many open receivers that a decent QB could have shredded their D. It could have been a real "chain moving" event.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quarterback U @ Florida
537aa1411605fb6f9a000059.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.