SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I would be ecstatic if Stoops were announced and would be equally excited with Harbaugh or Kelly. Petrino? No.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
For the last month or so I have said I am waiting on the stoop. What I can say today thats for certain is what a huge relief it is just knowing this painful era is finally over and I am feeling the best I have felt in years. Just knowing I will never have to be subject to another one of those miserable games is a fantastic feeling. I feel like we are going to land a slam dunk exciting coach that will take us back to the top in short order. I wont miss anything about these last 4 years. Go Gators!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n108181 said:
For the last month or so I have said I am waiting on the stoop. What I can say today thats for certain is what a huge relief it is just knowing this painful era is finally over and I am feeling the best I have felt in years. Just knowing I will never have to be subject to another one of those miserable games is a fantastic feeling. I feel like we are going to land a slam dunk exciting coach that will take us back to the top in short order. I wont miss anything about these last 4 years. Go Gators!!

He is still finishing the season, so you have at least 2 more Muschamp coached games.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For the first time in four years I absolutely cannot wait for the Orange & Blue game. Remember Muschamp O&B's? Extended scrimmages and so boring as to prefer a root canal without novocaine. I already have my depth charts printed out and ready to do some roster study. It's not even 24hrs since the deed and I'm already as giddy as a teenager on a first date.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
farfugnugen;n108140 said:
The playing against his brother thing will play into it 0.0%. Let's be honest here - his brother won't be at Kentucky for long. Heck, after seeing what he did in year 1, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

Agreed Mark will get an upgrade as soon as he wants it. Dont see him at UK for the long haul.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not buying Stoops..... any of them..

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n108071 said:
You're remembering it wrong then. Literally up until the day WM was hired, TONS of "insider" reports were blowing up about Stoops being the guy. Of course that has zero bearing on this year, but I remember it vividly. Hell, I almost fell over when my brother told me we hired Muschamp because I was pretty much expecting to hear Stoops had been hired.

That was the buzz at the time. This is true.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n108184 said:
He is still finishing the season, so you have at least 2 more Muschamp coached games.

Yea, I guess I should have said next season....I wish he would have actually stepped down like right now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just jumping in here so if someone already brought up Schiano disregard this but I've heard from a source that he's on the list.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n108194 said:
Yea, I guess I should have said next season....I wish he would have actually stepped down like right now.

With two games left what would it have really helped. This follows how Foley has handled these things in the past. He waited until the season was done (we are out of the SEC East race) and made a decision.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n108187 said:
Agreed Mark will get an upgrade as soon as he wants it. Dont see him at UK for the long haul.

He just signed an extension this year. His buyout will probably not be huge, but since it was just signed, it'll be an obstacle.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I'd love Stoops; however, I am not going to get too excited...too much of a let down if it isn't true.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops signed a contract extension this past summer putting his salary at $5.25M per year and it's believed that he has a sizeable buyout clause on his contract. According to one article early in the year:

Details of the buyout that would be required for Stoops to exit the new contract early are unclear, but given OU's long-term investment, it would likely be sizeable. Cost-prohibitive, in fact, for a lot of college programs, but not as much of an issue for an NFL club.
SOURCE: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000361334/article/report-oklahoma-extending-bob-stoops-contract

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n108196 said:
Just jumping in here so if someone already brought up Schiano disregard this but I've heard from a source that he's on the list.....

This thought occurred to me as well

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just reporting the info I have gotten from multiple sources, boys. One of them actually didn't think it would happen, as he said some anti-Stoops people were in Foley's ear. THEN I got a PM less than an hour later confirming from that same person he had just gotten off the phone and the hire was indeed going to be Bob Stoops.

I guess time will tell, but you have my word I haven't made anything up. Whether or not my sources have is unknown. I'm not sure what's in it for them to lie to me in private conversations.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108214 said:
Just reporting the info I have gotten from multiple sources, boys. One of them actually didn't think it would happen, as he said some anti-Stoops people were in Foley's ear. THEN I got a PM less than an hour later confirming from that same person he had just gotten off the phone and the hire was indeed going to be Bob Stoops.

I guess time will tell, but you have my word I haven't made anything up. Whether or not my sources have is unknown. I'm not sure what's in it for them to lie to me in private conversations.

I think many of us are hoping your sources are accurate - only time will tell. If money is no object, then I can see this. With Stoops just receiving an extension, you have to believe that the buyout clause is similar to Sumlin's and in the $5M range. That on top of the $7-$9M buyout of Muschamp and staff as well as putting at least $5.5M-$6M on the table for Stoops would put the UAA somewhere in the neighborhood of a $20M hit. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but it will certainly speak volumes about how much they wanted Stoops and want to turn things around. If Stoops is their man, then I wouldn't be surprised if we offer him in the range of where Saban is at - $6M+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator