SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In All Kinds Of Weather;n108510 said:
You do realize Stoops has had two Heisman winning quarterbacks and was a pioneer of the uptempo offenses a few years back, right? Foley said he wants someone with a "track record of success on the offensive side of the ball". Not an offensive minded coach. I'd say Stoops, although not strictly offensive minded, is not opposed to high tempo scoring offenses. So if you pay attention to the wording of Foley, Stoops would appear to be an even more likely candidate. Stoops is the guy imo.

Thanks but I'm fully aware of stoops track record. I was not doubting any of his abilities. Just saying all signs are pointing to him not coming here.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I watched it. My point is that it's all PR responses. He has been scouting for weeks and talking to people.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has Hugh Freeze had any NCAA issues? I know Miss State got some scholarships taken over recruiting but I couldn't remember if Ole Miss had problems recently.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
NavetG8r;n108449 said:
I think I might take the next few weeks off from the board. The speculation just may be more ridiculous than the pumpers vs haters war. Foley is probably going to pull another Foley and hire somebody none of us never even considered as a possibility. His track record for hiring high profile proven guys isn't exactly his strong point. He seems to prefer to find the diamond in the rough kind of guys. I believe it's an ego thing/problem. And do go jumping on me about Meyer. Everyone knows that was Machen more than Foley.

You are 100% correct. He likes to roll the dice. He's like the gambler that only tell about
the times he wins. I hope we end up with a good offensive HC. He's starting to cost use
mucho dinero.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n108484 said:
Seriously? Not even going to start with you. You've been on blast as of late and I really don't feel up to it. Sorry...

All you had to do was say no, because it's never happened.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LadyGator74;n108499 said:
Chizik just said he sees no way Stoops would go to UF. Too much energy to start over and he has it too good at OU. Said it just makes no sense at all.

This is crazy talk! Chizik is supposed to be apart of stoops staff here

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n108518 said:
Yeah, so lets see...Saban never denied he was interested in Alabama multiple times before it was announced? Yeah, this sort of thing ONLY happens on message boards.

Never said any such thing but.....OK.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any coach who would be talking to Florida right now would deny it. It doesn't validate or invalidate Bob Stoops' candidacy. And ADs aren't contractually obligated to transparency into the process, or else some ADs would look rather ugly for making inquiries during a season.

Again, doesn't mean Ox's source is right or wrong, just means we are going to be forced to speculate wildly until a hire is made and announced by the school.

Which I don't mind at all. Popcorn time and massive inaccurate theorizing, two things at which I am a bit of an expert.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
If it is not Stoops, then it has to be Gruden. I know people that don't know anyone, and that is not what they are saying. However, it is also not what I'm saying. Just saying.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n108541 said:
If it is not Stoops, then it has to be Gruden. I know people that don't know anyone, and that is not what they are saying. However, it is also not what I'm saying. Just saying.

In other words you're gay?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
t-gator;n108522 said:
Thanks but I'm fully aware of stoops track record. I was not doubting any of his abilities. Just saying all signs are pointing to him not coming here.

I think Stoops is actually getting tired of this happening over and over.
There are no more raises to receive and his contract can't be extended
any farther. He did use it quite nicely in the past. He ought to atleast send
Foley a nice Christmas present.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
broussard.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@APMarkLong: Wow RT @ralphDrussoAP: Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is the favorite to be the next Florida coach at 4/1. according to @BovadaLV

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
My gut feeling is that it won't be Stoops. I think we will go with a younger mind and it won't be any obvious candidates. Just don't be surprised if Foley picks up another unknown. He does have a track record of doing so.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
jmskjrgator;n108530 said:
You are 100% correct. He likes to roll the dice. He's like the gambler that only tell about
the times he wins. I hope we end up with a good offensive HC. He's starting to cost use
mucho dinero.

Attachments

• conv_1339.jpg
    conv_1339.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n108566 said:
My gut feeling is that it won't be Stoops. I think we will go with a younger mind and it won't be any obvious candidates. Just don't be surprised if Foley picks up another unknown. He does have a track record of doing so.

He is 0-2 when doing so. He won't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.