Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n120333 said:
Interesting comment from Dooley.

@pat_dooley: The circus has been in town for about a week. That's what Foley wanted to avoid but knew was inevitable. Back channel convos get leaked.

Ah Hah! Dooley lays down a cleverly disguised clue. Chris Leak will be our next HC.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
According to some Philadelphia radio guy (Marc Farzetta)Florida will speak with Chip Kelly this week according to his sources.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n120297 said:
I am comparing his record to Urbs, not Muschamps. Yes I am hung up on the Air Force loss. Air Force is a better team than CSU. There is not that much difference between 10-2 and 9-3, but Air Force has better wins. Meanwhile, Freeze is the only reason why Miss State is not in the playoffs. Football is a game of inches and big plays at critical times. CSU could have been the conference champions, but they choked. Muschamp chokes at the wrong time too. For the last 2 big games. We dont need another choker coming from a weak conference. At least Air Force can win the big games.

I didn't say anything about Muschamp. I said CSU was 3-8 for three years in a row. He took over a 3-8 program and had them at 8-4 in two years and 10-2 in three years. This guy is not my top choice but he would not be a bad fall back. Also, let's not forget it was his offense that people like Trent Richardson and Julio Jones went to play for over us. Remember when Richardson spurned us for Bama and we were all longing for the day when we could recruit an elite RB again?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welp, here we go again:

@ZachAbolverdi: .@FootballScoop reports former #Broncos coach and current #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is being "vetted" by #Gators AD Jeremy Foley.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n120409 said:
Welp, here we go again:

@ZachAbolverdi: .@FootballScoop reports former #Broncos coach and current #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is being "vetted" by #Gators AD Jeremy Foley.

:suicide:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McDaniels seems like a dedicated NFL guy and would be always have one eye open looking at NFL jobs while coaching in college. He's got a super pedigree, working for Saban briefly and Belichick for an extended period, and has a great offensive mind and scheme, but I could see him leaving on the next thing smoking for an NFL opening.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n120428 said:
McDaniels seems like a dedicated NFL guy and would be always have one eye open looking at NFL jobs while coaching in college. He's got a super pedigree, working for Saban briefly and Belichick for an extended period, and has a great offensive mind and scheme, but I could see him leaving on the next thing smoking for an NFL opening.

He drafted tim tebow in the first round, not sure an owner is going to give him the keys to the wagon again anytime soon.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well he's doing his due dillegence on all possible candidates it seems.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I would hope it would be Chip Kelly, but didn't he have dark clouds hanging over him from the Ducks?

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
I like McDaniels. Young ... offensive guy ... mentored under great head coaches ... rings on his finger ... worked with great QBs ... NFL head coaching experience that wasn't a total failure. Not sure if he translates to success in the college ranks but we could do a lot worse than him.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
g8rgolfer;n120447 said:
I like McDaniels. Young ... offensive guy ... mentored under great head coaches ... rings on his finger ... worked with great QBs ... NFL head coaching experience that wasn't a total failure. Not sure if he translates to success in the college ranks but we could do a lot worse than him.

You make some good points. I know several here dont care for him but he may want to prove himself. This would be the place to do it. I would much rather have Kelly but I dont see that happening.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give McDaniels this... he has a great QB, but limited other offensive talent outside of Gronk and the Patriots are putting up good numbers and so is Brady this year. So they guy can obviously scheme around talent. Of course... when you have a QB like Brady to start with it makes a huge difference.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n120447 said:

He was fired because the NFL caught him video taping his opponents practices and the owner didn't like the media attention brought on by that.. Also going from 8-8 to 3-9 (fired after 12th game). How isn't that a total failure.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n120447 said:

And we could do a lot better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.