SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired * SECOND UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
oxrageous;n89156 said:
Three 300 yard passing games in 3 and a half years. Just amazing.
so what your saying is, that we have been bad during this time? Who knew?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n89166 said:
Brantley versus Furman is one of the games.

Pretty sure he caught a TD in that one too, on a well-timed trick play. JB was in full-blown beast mode that day.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I found two of the three. Anybody know what the third 300 yard game is?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n89174 said:
Ok, I found two of the three. Anybody know what the third 300 yard game is?

Vanderbilt 2013 with Murphy - 305 yards

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n89181 said:
Would never had guessed that game.

Neither would I, there were a total of 344 offensive yards in that game by us. I double checked the stat with another source, because I didn't believe it.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
While i would be ecstatic to get Kelly, I just don't see it happening unless he prefers babysitting kids and recruiting, over babysitting grown men and kissing A. However even though I think he takes the call, and possibly considers it for a minute, he will stay in the NFL where so far he is proving successful. Besides what is he supposed to say in the middle of the season, "Yeah I am really interested in leaving Philly for the UF job even though we are not even at the half way point for the season and are leading the division."

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The Pat Forde article also scares me where it says Brian Kelly and Stoops would command more power than Foley would be willing to give them. I have a feeling we are going to end up with another coordinator or supposive up and comer from a smaller school if we are not willing to allow proven coaches to do their thing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So one against an SEC opponent, which happened to be Vanderbilt.

The other two came against EMU and Furman.

tumblr_m2mzjqMQhf1r3nk7bo1_400.gif

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n89188 said:
The Pat Forde article also scares me where it says Brian Kelly and Stoops would command more power than Foley would be willing to give them. I have a feeling we are going to end up with another coordinator or supposive up and comer from a smaller school if we are not willing to allow proven coaches to do their thing.

Nothing wrong with hiring an up and coming coach. We did that twice and got 3 NCs and multiple SECC's out of it.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
If it is an Urban type up and comer that they hire I have no problem with that. My questions is right now who would you tag for that mantle that is on the same level as he was. I just have a fear we will end up with a OC equivalent of Muschamp. I hope my fears don't turn out to happen and we land the great coach we all want and quite frankly after the last 4 years deserve.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gingerlover;n89196 said:
If it is an Urban type up and comer that they hire I have no problem with that. My questions is right now who would you tag for that mantle that is on the same level as he was. I just have a fear we will end up with a OC equivalent of Muschamp. I hope my fears don't turn out to happen and we land the great coach we all want and quite frankly after the last 4 years deserve.

Truthfully, there isn't as much of a slam dunk available as Meyer was in 2005. You could point to Freeze, Mullen, and others, and their track record would simply not be as good as Meyer's was back in 2005. Franklin would've been close last year, and I still think Foley needs to make a push for him. Outside of that, I don't see a no-brainer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley is either close to retirement or taking the SEC Commissioner job. It's hard for me to believe he'd be worried about a power struggle with some coach at this point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator