SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n99899 said:
Just like the hyperbole used by naysayers. If you root for the team to win, you want the coach to stay.

HA! There is a section that still want the coach to stay...dude is a FAILURE. End of story. I'd love for him to win out and get fired. He's not good enough.

His body of work is a failure based on his won-loss percentage and lack of hardware. Please don't insert a bunch of excuses. No one cares.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n99925 said:
HA! There is a section that still want the coach to stay...dude is a FAILURE. End of story. I'd love for him to win out and get fired. He's not good enough.

His body of work is a failure based on his won-loss percentage and lack of hardware. Please don't insert a bunch of excuses. No one cares.

Who was making excuses? 99% of this board has said that Muschamp should go. The only person I know of that still wants to keep him is Coach9.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The problem here, is that Muschamp and the entire discourse has become toxic. At this point, if you're even mildly optimistic about the future, you're chastised. If you've reached a point that you feel Muschamp winning out, signing the #1 class, and personally burning down Doak still warrants a pink slip, you're chastised there as well. God help those of us somewhat in the middle. I've seen numerous posts in the past few days where the "pumpers" have to repeat their stance that they'd be fine with a change. It's almost as if no one is listening or really comprehending what is being said. And to be clear, I don't entirely blame them. This has been a disaster in the works for some time, and many have reached a point that the mere thought of WM being here next season makes them nauseous. While I don't completely share that viewpoint, I get that they've seen enough to make that call.

Bottomline, we should all be pulling for UF to win each of its final games, and I think that 99.9% are. I think how we play tomorrow night will tell us a decent amount about our team and the direction we're headed. We may as well enjoy either the final few games of the season, or the possibility that things are beginning to go a different, better direction.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n99939 said:
I think how we play tomorrow night will tell us a decent amount about our team and the direction we're headed. We may as well enjoy either the final few games of the season, or the possibility that things are beginning to go a different, better direction.

Two games doesn't dictate a new direction? Neither does 3 or 4. Like Muschamp had some amazing epiphany or something. He had to have boos rained down on him and people chanting Fire Muschamp. I have zero doubt he'll be the same guy next year as the previous four.

That why Fooley should have cut him off at the head after Mizzou. No room for any grey area. He should've been a goner. He'll be a lame duck again next year. THIS year was the year to prove everything. It's the weakest the East has been in 20 years and he has to have help to even get to ATL.

Will Muschamp sucks as a head coach. Give me the DNR papers...I'll sign em.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
After the Ga game, many started believing. One game. I really hope this team has finally woken up and will actually play with heart the rest of the season. I see several discussing the possibility of champ returning if he somehow wins out and then saying how could you not keep him under those circumstances. If you feel that way, that totally up to you. I have made it clear that I actually like champ and wish he was our guy so I am not a hater and I never want us to loose. What I do want is someone that can actually coach us to win and not coach to prevent from loosing. Someone who can properly discern and develop players and use them in positions to get their full potential. Someone smart enough to sit a QB that is failing before we loose or almost loose 5-6 games. I want a coach that will make winning in the swamp a priority. Someone that cant be out coached by Ga southern. Someone to take us back to the top 5 rankings. Guys, this isnt about winning the rest of the season. This is about our future. Its unfortunate that champ isnt this guy but he just isnt and its obvious. I hope we win out but I dont think keeping champ under any circumstance is positive for our future....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n99976 said:
I have made it clear that I actually like champ and wish he was our guy so I am not a hater and I never want us to loose. What I do want is someone that can actually coach us to win and not coach to prevent from loosing. Someone who can properly discern and develop players and use them in positions to get their full potential. Someone smart enough to sit a QB that is failing before we loose or almost loose 5-6 games.

I agree with gatormandan, we need a coach that will tighten this program up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n99926 said:
Who was making excuses? 99% of this board has said that Muschamp should go. The only person I know of that still wants to keep him is Coach9.

Its getting stronger on some other sites. Speaking of Coach9 whatever happened to Sonomagator (think that was the name) - he may have been more pro Muschamp than Coach9. He never came back after that rant?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n99985 said:
Its getting stronger on some other sites. Speaking of Coach9 whatever happened to Sonomagator (think that was the name) - he may have been more pro Muschamp than Coach9. He never came back after that rant?
No, he never came back. I didn't think he would. He had mental problems.

EDIT: I see he's already signed into the site today. So he now lurks and no longer posts. That's probably for the best.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n99992 said:

EDIT: I see he's already signed into the site today. So he now lurks and no longer posts. That's probably for the best.

Agreed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n99969 said:
Two games doesn't dictate a new direction? Neither does 3 or 4. Like Muschamp had some amazing epiphany or something. He had to have boos rained down on him and people chanting Fire Muschamp. I have zero doubt he'll be the same guy next year as the previous four.

That why Fooley should have cut him off at the head after Mizzou. No room for any grey area. He should've been a goner. He'll be a lame duck again next year. THIS year was the year to prove everything. It's the weakest the East has been in 20 years and he has to have help to even get to ATL.

Will Muschamp sucks as a head coach. Give me the DNR papers...I'll sign em.

As I've said, the only chance of us potentially seeing a new team, or new direction, is if the offense under Treon takes off. I'm not counting on it, but I'd love to see it, and I think it will go a long way in identifying that the real issue was Driskel. Now, that doesn't absolve WM from blame, because the QB situation is his. But I'd at least be a little more confident going forward.

To your second point, I've agreed with that all along. There are sources that feel that he's already been fired, so who knows, and we may very well be arguing a completely moot point.

So far he has generally sucked as a HC. I've said numerous times that I think we missed the boat on Franklin and Strong, and would've liked seeing us end this regime post GSU. My only concern now is the candidates that are available and within reach. If the names that keep surfacing here are truly our best or most realistic options, then I'm personally hopeful that WM has had that epiphany and can right things. I don't want change for yet another unknown or middle of the road guy. Just my feelings. And as I said, I totally get both sides of this argument and don't need to be sold on either position.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n99992 said:

He was a decent guy until someone got under his skin. I wouldn't say mental problems, some people just lose their cool really easy when things don't go their way. You've said it before, message boards aren't for everybody.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n99997 said:
As I've said, the only chance of us potentially seeing a new team, or new direction, is if the offense under Treon takes off. I'm not counting on it, but I'd love to see it, and I think it will go a long way in identifying that the real issue was Driskel. Now, that doesn't absolve WM from blame, because the QB situation is his. But I'd at least be a little more confident going forward.

To your second point, I've agreed with that all along. There are sources that feel that he's already been fired, so who knows, and we may very well be arguing a completely moot point.

So far he has generally sucked as a HC. I've said numerous times that I think we missed the boat on Franklin and Strong, and would've liked seeing us end this regime post GSU. My only concern now is the candidates that are available and within reach. If the names that keep surfacing here are truly our best or most realistic options, then I'm personally hopeful that WM has had that epiphany and can right things. I don't want change for yet another unknown or middle of the road guy. Just my feelings. And as I said, I totally get both sides of this argument and don't need to be sold on either position.

If he actually beats FSU in Tally WITH Winston as Qb it might make things tough on Foley but he still needs to admit defeat and move the program into the 21st century.

If Muschamp is brought back for a fifth year that would mean two lame duck years in a row. The effect would be devastating on the program. Recruiting is going to be bad whomever is here. Bringing back that loser for a fifth year would KILL next year's class as well.

It is quite sad to be even having this discussion. We should kill Vandy regardless. They are a bad bad football team. More fools gold.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n99998 said:
He was a decent guy until someone got under his skin. I wouldn't say mental problems, some people just lose their cool really easy when things don't go their way. You've said it before, message boards aren't for everybody.

:brad:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n100001 said:
If he actually beats FSU in Tally WITH Winston as Qb it might make things tough on Foley but he still needs to admit defeat and move the program into the 21st century.

If Muschamp is brought back for a fifth year that would mean two lame duck years in a row. The effect would be devastating on the program. Recruiting is going to be bad whomever is here. Bringing back that loser for a fifth year would KILL next year's class as well.

It is quite sad to be even having this discussion. We should kill Vandy regardless. They are a bad bad football team. More fools gold.

The only way our recruiting doesn't get crushed this year is either Muschamp winning out, playing an exciting brand of football, and the whole hotseat talk being dismissed, even if only in public...or we make a slam dunk hire fairly soon after the close of the regular season. Otherwise, it will be an off class without question. I will say though that if it's announced that he will be retained, we'll land some commitments. It's certainly not a reason to retain him, but there are kids that really want to play for him and see him stay, and are thus waiting on some sort of decision.

And yes, I think we should kill VU. Hopefully Treon gets some solid experience to build off of, as it will only get tougher for him. And while it's sad to even say this, this game is critical as it would all but guarantee bowl eligibility. Imo, coaches aside, as a program we can not afford another season without a bowl, even if only for the extra practices.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n99939 said:
The problem here, is that Muschamp and the entire discourse has become toxic. At this point, if you're even mildly optimistic about the future, you're chastised. If you've reached a point that you feel Muschamp winning out, signing the #1 class, and personally burning down Doak still warrants a pink slip, you're chastised there as well. God help those of us somewhat in the middle. I've seen numerous posts in the past few days where the "pumpers" have to repeat their stance that they'd be fine with a change. It's almost as if no one is listening or really comprehending what is being said. And to be clear, I don't entirely blame them. This has been a disaster in the works for some time, and many have reached a point that the mere thought of WM being here next season makes them nauseous. While I don't completely share that viewpoint, I get that they've seen enough to make that call.

Bottomline, we should all be pulling for UF to win each of its final games, and I think that 99.9% are. I think how we play tomorrow night will tell us a decent amount about our team and the direction we're headed. We may as well enjoy either the final few games of the season, or the possibility that things are beginning to go a different, better direction.

Nicely put.:thumbup:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
T REX;99921 said:
Ray Finkle;n99904 said:
It goes both ways. The Nancys come out of the woodwork every time someone in the program toots. They want a loss, just don't have the nuts to say it. You can tell by their posts when they should be celebrating. No names needed, you know who they are.
You're so full of ****, it's not even funny. No one roots for the team to lose. I challenge you to show me specific examples of KNOWN Gator fans openly rooting against the team. Not some dumb troll or rival fan but a tried and true Gator. I don't believe in Permaban bets but I am willing to do so right now. You in?
It's pretty comical how offended you were by that comment. Hit a little close to home chief?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n100095 said:
It's pretty comical how offended you were by that comment. Hit a little close to home chief?

Not even close. What offends me is your lack of intellect and general stupidity.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yawn. Let's get back on topic, boys. :catfight:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
T REX;100096 said:
Ray Finkle;n100095 said:
Not even close. What offends me is your lack of intellect and general stupidity.
Me sorry you don't think I internet good. I tries bett3r for yous next time valtrex, I pwomiss. :cry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.