SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
threatmatrix;n100183 said:
Sofia might have summed it up best somewhere along the line in one of his rambling yet oddly coherent posts.
We all want the same thing in the long run. Just how and when we get there seems to be the point of contention.

I wasn't rambling. And stop calling me Sofia.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n100179 said:
6 passes and 60 rushes? LMAO! Running the ball and good defense is how Seattle won the super bowl last year. Bama has won titles with that formula. But I want more passes so we go into next year knowing Harris is the starter and can throw the ball 20 times a game.
Both Seattle and Alabama could pass the football. We haven't been able to pass the football in Muschamp's entire tenure and still can't. If we keep Muschamp, it's going to be the same 'ol, same 'ol next year. And the year after. And the year after. And the....

Beating UGA the way we did is only going to embolden his Bronko Nagurski, 1940's mentality that you don't need to pass to win. He makes Woody Hayes look like Steve Spurrier.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n100187 said:
Don't call me radio, unit 91

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;100189 said:
Scott512;n100179 said:
6 passes and 60 rushes? LMAO! Running the ball and good defense is how Seattle won the super bowl last year. Bama has won titles with that formula. But I want more passes so we go into next year knowing Harris is the starter and can throw the ball 20 times a game.
Both Seattle and Alabama could pass the football. We haven't been able to pass the football in Muschamp's entire tenure and still can't. If we keep Muschamp, it's going to be the same 'ol, same 'ol next year. And the year after. And the year after. And the....
I think if they let Treon throw it in games as much as JD was able to then we will get a better picture. Oline is playing their best ball in the Muschamp era and Treon has the ability.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n100184 said:
This is where I think we as a fan base aren't all on the same page. They are willing to throw it much more, but why would they have done that last week?
Finkle, what honestly makes you think they were willing to throw it much more? Based on what?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
soflagator;n100187 said:
D&mn, did it autocorrect again. No you didn't ramble I was taking poetic license.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n100174 said:
Oh, and I have a wolf pack.
Your wolfpack sucks.

Join the Dark Side. I have cookies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n100191 said:
Oline is playing their best ball in the Muschamp era and Treon has the ability.
I still don't know why people are so high on Treon - we don't know that he has the ability. He hasn't done anything yet. Literally nothing but hand off and throw a few short passes.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;100192 said:
Ray Finkle;n100184 said:
This is where I think we as a fan base aren't all on the same page. They are willing to throw it much more, but why would they have done that last week?
Finkle, what honestly makes you think they were willing to throw it much more? Based on what?
Sounds crazy to base it on one play in that game but the trusted him enough to throw it on 2 and 10 in the redzone with a great result. That shows they have some level of confidence in the kid. These things are obviously all speculation because the run just worked that good. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe 5 of the 6 passes came in the first quarter or so.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We should know the offense by now, regardless of who the OC is - it doesn't matter. If UF gets a lead, they run every down. If the score is close, we run on 9 out of every 10 downs. If UF is down big, we may throw every other down.

You guys throwing out 25 pass attempts, blahblahblah - that will only happen if UF gets in a hole. The regular game plan is to keep it around 10 pass attempts, and those are only called to satisfy the moronic fans that like 21st century football. Muschamp despises the forward pass and would be standing and cheering if it was banned from the game.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;100195 said:
Ray Finkle;n100191 said:
Oline is playing their best ball in the Muschamp era and Treon has the ability.
I still don't know why people are so high on Treon - we don't know that he has the ability. He hasn't done anything yet. Literally nothing but hand off and throw a few short passes.
I'm not saying his the next Gator legend, but he was phenomenal in the Miami area in high school. It takes talent to do what he did there. He and the coaches have to take that ability and make it translate to this level.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n100197 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe 5 of the 6 passes came in the first quarter or so.
Damn we attempted 5 passes in 1 quarter? It's like the Fun N Gun again!

My God do I miss watching entertaining football. I guess I've been spoiled by the forward pass.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;100204 said:
Ray Finkle;n100197 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe 5 of the 6 passes came in the first quarter or so.
Damn we attempted 5 passes in 1 quarter? It's like the Fun N Gun again! My God do I miss watching entertaining football. I guess I've been spoiled by the forward pass.
That should suggest that the game plan was probably looking to have him throw between 15-25, no? The game dictates what they do. They stopped throwing when the run game became unstoppable. You're right, the Fun N Gun isn't coming back while he's here, but I can't imagine Bama was throwing it much more than 25 times a game with McElroy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're still my favorite poster, Finkle. I'm pretty confident you and I will be on the same page by the end of the year.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;100209 said:
You're still my favorite poster, Finkle. I'm pretty confident you and I will be on the same page by the end of the year.
The dreaded vote of confidence :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member