Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n101403 said:
I hope we don't go after Stoops. He is another defensive coach and we Need one with a great offensive mind. We normally have a good defense. Stoops is also alittle burnt out. We need offense offense offense and I believe Foley knows that.
Bob Stoops has had two Heisman winning quarterbacks.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops is not afraid to let someone coach and run the offense. If he is the chosen one, I'm okay with that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be cool with stoops but I'd rather have a guy on the sidelines coaching up the o.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bullag8r;n101267 said:
I disagree. It is not all that uncommon for people to improve and exceed expectations. Some people have the capacity to learn, grow, change and improve. Some don't. Muschamp's demeanor on the sideline has improved this year. Will he ever become a successful head coach? The last chapter of that book hasn't been written. We should all be aware of the fact that most self-made wealthy entrepreneurs have previously experienced multiple business failures and bankruptcies. But, they don't give up. Instead, they learn how to change, adjust and improve. By the same token, some people have the capacity to detect, recognize and accept the change and improvement in other people and some don't.

Level Zook would be a tremendous advance for muschamp. Considering where he started from that is one hell of an improvement.

But it falls short of the level required at Florida.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp has only shown this new found demeanor since being told he would not be retained as the head coach...clear as day. He unfroze his brain and benched the QB. Magic has occurred...the team has responded (except Leon Orr apparently)...the sun is shining again. If it took firing him to get him to change, then he needed to be fired. Can't wait to find out who our new coach will be...

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
TallyGator;n101426 said:
Muschamp has only shown this new found demeanor since being told he would not be retained as the head coach...clear as day. He unfroze his brain and benched the QB. Magic has occurred...the team has responded (except Leon Orr apparently)...the sun is shining again. If it took firing him to get him to change, then he needed to be fired. Can't wait to find out who our new coach will be...

Still not buying that unannounced firing thing....

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Sorry gators we can't afford another season of chump. No matter what the chump apologist say

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101392 said:
Oh. Well that totally nullifies his record for the last 15 years.

:suicide:
Yeah and two wins nullifies Chimp's 4 years.

LessthanZookchimp said in December that Foley explained that winning and winning big is the standard. He's been here four years. He's never been close to winning big or even achieving Zookdom.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n101393 said:
I believe recruiting would improve dramatically. He would have the tools available here to win another championship rather quickly I think. He will be our coach next year.
I hope you are right.

I'd rather have an offensive guy but Stoops has always shown the ability to get pretty good OCs.

At Oklahoma, he has to try to go to Texas and steal recruits from Texass. Now the aTms are a a recruiting force and the Grasseaters are always poaching too. At UF, Stoops would just have to hold his own in state recruiting, no going to someone else's home turf and stealing recruits.

I like it and hope you are right. I also would like us to go out and pay some excellent OC whatever amount it takes, assuming Stoops isn't happy with Roper.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101392 said:
Oh. Well that totally nullifies his record for the last 15 years.

:suicide:
Why not? We had morons talking about Holgorson, yes the dude who was 4-8 last year, as our new coach because he won a game in October.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n101452 said:
Why not? We had morons talking about Holgorson, yes the dude who was 4-8 last year, as our new coach because he won a game in October.
Funny thing about holgorsen is his record is identical to muschamp s. He'd be terrible hire

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n101456 said:
This is precisely why I think Foley did not fire him right after Misery. He was hoping for any excuse to keep him around. Next year we still wont be ranked.
If fooley lets him return there won't be a program. Stevie Wonder can see this why can't fooley, i will answer that for you his ego:shake:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101404 said:
Bob Stoops has had two Heisman winning quarterbacks.

And managed 28 total points in two NC games with them, going 0-2. Color me impressed!

Bob Stoops is on auto-pilot. He has job security for a while there, and he knows it. Expect a bunch of 3-4 loss seasons from them every year until he's gone. He had what was probably one of the top 2 or 3 most talented teams in the country when the season started and where's it gotten him?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101532 said:
And managed 28 total points in two NC games with them, going 0-2. Color me impressed!

Bob Stoops is on auto-pilot. He has job security for a while there, and he knows it. Expect a bunch of 3-4 loss seasons from them every year until he's gone. He had what was probably one of the top 2 or 3 most talented teams in the country when the season started and where's it gotten him?

If the worst WM had here were 3-4 loss seasons, this would be a moot point.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101538 said:

I'm just going to keep a counter handy for the amount of times I've had to say this. I'm not comparing Stoops to Muschamp. I'm comparing Stoops to other people we would be hiring if/when Muschamp is fired after this season. Get that through your Hoover Dam-thick skulls. :rolleyes:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101550 said:
I'm just going to keep a counter handy for the amount of times I've had to say this. I'm not comparing Stoops to Muschamp. I'm comparing Stoops to other people we would be hiring if/when Muschamp is fired after this season. Get that through your Hoover Dam-thick skulls. :rolleyes:

You defended Muschamp more than most, so your quick dismissal of anyone else rings hollow.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101538 said:

Is Muschamp on the short list to replace Muschamp? So our comparision for the new coach is Muschamp, and not an elite level coach? Ok, so we all know now, we are aiming for mediocre.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101553 said:
You defended Muschamp more than most, so your quick dismissal of anyone else rings hollow.

No. No I don't. I think the most defending I've done of Muschamp this year was rebuffing whoever said he was a worse coach than Butch Jones, and that's about it.

I'm also going to keep another counter handy for the amount of times I've had to repeat that I'd be perfectly fine with a coaching change after this year. But cherry pick what you want, it's a free country. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator