***Spring Game Football Thread***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe so. Still I like his quick decision making and his accurate throws. I have a good feeling he can get the job done.
He seems pretty confident and comfortable with the playbook.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ala, Im sure they will replay it on SECN.

I just noticed that McElroy was wearing orange tie and a blue jacket. Feels really weird, even though I know he is a big Mac fan.

Yeah, 'RocketCity pointed out they are replaying it at 2:00 est.

Pretty good move by Mac. We were the only game on last night and we're still being shown in a prime slot on Saturday. Twice the exposure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2nd series Orange with AA against 1st team D.

Pass play Hammon on a short stop route. Desir Jones gets bullrushed a by the DT. Harkless I think lined up in the backfield but handled the blitz from the left (buck or backer), Mccoy does a pretty nice job of forcing Joey Ivie outside then hands him off to the RG Desir. Both did well. Mike whiffs on 57. It was a really pathetic effort.

Next play run right side by Herndon, Mike loses his guy (Brantley I think) after a couple steps but Buchanon pulls and cleans it up. Surprisingly TE Moral Stephens handles Cox. McCoy blows Joey Ivie out of the play and Desir does the same with Jarrad. Buchanon then gets to second level and keeps Kylan out of the play. It was a nice play by the interior guys. A damn good play. Those guys looked good.

Next play confusion on D playing what looks man 1. Maye moves Washington to cover slot instead of McMillian. Quick pass to Hammond who cannot juke Quincy.

Next screen to right, Desir and McCoy get downfield nicely. Davis gets their quickly off Desirs block and makes the play.

Next play, Cox blows by Mike, Ivie beat Buchanon inside, McCoy wasnt looking that way and probably should have helped, Desir and Harkless handle their guys. AA scrambles.

AA passes to Swain in flat. Moral Stephens misses Rayshad blitzing off edge, OL does well otherwise.

Next play try to run right off tackle, Stephens cant seal his guy penetrates catching Buchanon in the traffic, so he cant get in front off it. Davis and Kylan fill it nicely.

Screen again, same play. Cece and Ivie read it, follow Desir and Mccoy while Tabor flashes in also. Tabor knocks down the pass.

Next play Harkless whiffs then holds DE, maybe Keivonnis, Mike allows deep penetration, AA sacked.

Sorry boys but thats all I have. I didnt notice that they kept AA on the field with the offense 1s vs many walkons or 4th teamers the next series. OL still struggled. Franks then comes out vs 1st team D.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Pass play Hammon on a short stop route. Desir Jones gets bullrushed a by the DT. Harkless I think lined up in the backfield but handled the blitz from the left (buck or backer), Mccoy does a pretty nice job of forcing Joey Ivie outside then hands him off to the RG Desir. Both did well. Mike whiffs on 57. It was a really pathetic effort.

Next play run right side by Herndon, Mike loses his guy (Brantley I think) after a couple steps but Buchanon pulls and cleans it up. Surprisingly TE Moral Stephens handles Cox. McCoy blows Joey Ivie out of the play and Desir does the same with Jarrad. Buchanon then gets to second level and keeps Kylan out of the play. It was a nice play by the interior guys. A damn good play. Those guys looked good.

Next play confusion on D playing what looks man 1. Maye moves Washington to cover slot instead of McMillian. Quick pass to Hammond who cannot juke Quincy.

Next screen to right, Desir and McCoy get downfield nicely. Davis gets their quickly off Desirs block and makes the play.

Next play, Cox blows by Mike, Ivie beat Buchanon inside, McCoy wasnt looking that way and probably should have helped, Desir and Harkless handle their guys. AA scrambles.

AA passes to Swain in flat. Moral Stephens misses Rayshad blitzing off edge, OL does well otherwise.

Next play try to run right off tackle, Stephens cant seal his guy penetrates catching Buchanon in the traffic, so he cant get in front off it. Davis and Kylan fill it nicely.

Screen again, same play. Cece and Ivie read it, follow Desir and Mccoy while Tabor flashes in also. Tabor knocks down the pass.

Next play Harkless whiffs then holds DE, maybe Keivonnis, Mike allows deep penetration, AA sacked.

Sorry boys but thats all I have. I didnt notice that they kept AA on the field with the offense 1s vs many walkons or 4th teamers the next series. OL still struggled. Franks then comes out vs 1st team D.
Thanks for posting these details!
:bart:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
(A) Trash looked good for a true freshman.

(B) Thompson could be great if he can hold onto the ball. Now that teams know he has fumbling issues they will try to strip him.

(A) If we could stop calling him TRASH then... yeah that would be great.

(B) Defenses will be trying to strip the ball whenever possible anyway. They're coached to do that. They won't specifically be trying to strip Thompson just becaused he fumbled the ball in a spring game.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

You do well when you leave out your Trump like hate.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
First series by Trask was vs first team D. Threw a laser to Bailey with Tabor in coverage. Our boy is going to be a baller!!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
(A) If we could stop calling him TRASH then... yeah that would be great.

(B) Defenses will be trying to strip the ball whenever possible anyway. They're coached to do that. They won't specifically be trying to strip Thompson just becaused he fumbled the ball in a spring game.

Sorry. Was typing on my iPhone and it must have auto-corrected. I had no intention of calling him "Trash" and dislike when people do that. I have edited the post

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Clicking thru sports channels I hit the TexAM game just as the guy missed a FG; in their
springer, if you miss a FG the other team gets 3 points. More mental pressure on the kicker?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Clicking thru sports channels I hit the TexAM game just as the guy missed a FG; in their
springer, if you miss a FG the other team gets 3 points. More mental pressure on the kicker?

Rog, can you please go to Gainesville and whiten Mac's cheese-yellow teeth?....Ox will pay you.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rog, can you please go to Gainesville and whiten Mac's cheese-yellow teeth?....Ox will pay you.

So right Lagoon ... seems his Dentist would do that voluntary - certainly would be easy and healthy.
But I'm wondering that because of everybody getting "extra-white" smiles now that artificially white
teeth have put normal-shade teeth to shame now... like girls having to have breast implants to have
a claim to a "good" figure.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can all agree on that being the best we've ended our spring in a very long time.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Even though I hate spring games, I watched the highlights, and Del Rio certainly looked the part. And this kicker is going to be awesome.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't been following all the QB talk, but I'm sure its been mentioned how much of an advantage being the son of an NFL coach must be for a young college signalcaller. The ability to read the defense and know the scheme must be ingrained in this kid's head pretty well growing up in a coach's household. LDFR looked very confident out there, like he knew exactly what he wanted to do and what to look for. And all of his passes were not just on the money, but tight spirals with some zip.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I was kinda thinking the same thing. Of course, I don't know for certain, but I suspect he doesn't either. I figured it was just another convenient excuse to bash Foley.
I'm for any good reason to bash Fooley :-).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator