***Spring Game Football Thread***

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
I love Law's posts as much as the next guy and haven't posted in a long time, but I had to agree here. Law, it's not fair to keep calling the kid Trash. He definitely didn't look like the worst kid out there. He's a Gator, the coaches recruited him for a reason, let's at least try to be respectful of the KID.

Sorry.... guess I haven't figured out how to use quotes on my phone.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both misses were from well over 50. He pushed them both a little but the ball was well up the net. I almost think he was not just trying to make the kicks but to boom them as far as he could. Which is far.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what I saw tonight I think we can safely say LDR has a safe lead to be the starting QB.
Also, Pineiro is the real deal. What amazed me the most about Eddy P is that his kicks just seem effortless. Yes he shanked a couple but I still liked what I saw.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From what I saw tonight I think we can safely say LDR has a safe lead to be the starting QB.
Also, Pineiro is the real deal. What amazed me the most about Eddy P is that his kicks just seem effortless.
Both of these but especially the effortless part. I wonder what his range really is, you know if he dials it up to max effort.

I really wanted to see the 61 yard attempt after that delay of game penalty.

Sep 29, 2015
I'll second that Trask, at least in theory, looked like the second best QB out there. The gears appeared to be turning pre-snap. He kept his eyes and body downfield. He clearly throws a nice ball. Seemed to have poise and presence in the pocket. Can scramble when necessary. (Anymore QB cliches apply?)

Near term Appleby will be more effective, but it won't be long before Trask overtakes him as backup IMO.

Franks will be good, but Mac needs a year to mold him. He should be the redshirt.

Also in the backfield, hopefully Thompson can hold onto ball, because he looks like the most dangerous and effective of the three backs.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Been traveling the last few days. Arrive home today to a new 65" Vizio and the DVR of the game. Can't wait to see how things look. With some of the comments there is optimism offensively. But we got some of that already with Harris being moved. BTW where was Freon, on the pine??

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been traveling the last few days. Arrive home today to a new 65" Vizio and the DVR of the game. Can't wait to see how things look. With some of the comments there is optimism offensively. But we got some of that already with Harris being moved. BTW where was Freon, on the pine??
He's suspended by the university.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We have been had! This game was a fraud. I shared the opinions you guys have been expressing until I saw the light. Leading up to the game I kept asking how the players were divided. LDR played with the first team against the second team defense. Appleby played with the second team against the first team defense. Who amongst you can really say what any of this means?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So... My teenage daughter had an absolute meltdown yesterday evening and it pretty much ruined my night. I completely forgot to watch the game and hadn't set it up to DVR.

So there I am getting ready for bed around 11'ish and I suddently remember the game was on that night. I quickly turn on ESPN network to catch a very few highlights of the action. Next I check the guide for ESPN network and the Sun channel for the next 48 hours to see if there is a replay scheduled. No luck.

Just pissed me off all over again...my teenager will be pulling weeds in the front yard today...

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
So... My teenage daughter had an absolute meltdown yesterday evening and it pretty much ruined my night. I completely forgot to watch the game and hadn't set it up to DVR.

So there I am getting ready for bed around 11'ish and I suddently remember the game was on that night. I quickly turn on ESPN network to catch a very few highlights of the action. Next I check the guide for ESPN network and the Sun channel for the next 48 hours to see if there is a replay scheduled. No luck.

Just pissed me off all over again...my teenager will be pulling weeds in the front yard today...

Missed it too. TV Guide website shows it on the SEC network at 2:00 Eastern.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed with all of the QBs. They all threw a very nice ball. Despite his 3 INTS there is a lot to like about Franks' arm. He's just got to learn some more. But LDR looked fantastic and threw the ball exactly where it should be when it should be there. It's obvious he knows the system the best. Trask and Appleby looked good as well. Trask is going to embarrass his detractors. I think we're in great shape at QB and I'm more confident going into this fall than I was before the Spring game.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Don't they have Mexicans where you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.