Tebow comeback? Eagles still interested

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A lesser man would have walked away a long, long time ago. Not Tebow. I don't care what you think about the guy's quarterbacking skills, his life skills are off the chart.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't look now but this has more views than two of the sticky threads.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n188988 said:
You should check out the list some time of the QB's actually currently employed by NFL teams. To think Tim Tebow couldn't squeeze onto that list, no matter how bad his throwing motion is, is laughable.
This ^

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Tebow not listed among combine participants...could change with a week left though.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
oxrageous;n188988 said:
You should check out the list some time of the QB's actually currently employed by NFL teams. To think Tim Tebow couldn't squeeze onto that list, no matter how bad his throwing motion is, is laughable.
Exactly.
And somehow Ryan Fitzpatrick is still in the league...
To me Tim's problem was not necessarily throwing - it was throwing fast enough. Plenty of good QBs throw an ugly ball but they throw it efficiently and can read defenses very well.
Tim seemed to lack the mental acuity to make quick decisions back there. If that part has somehow improved then maybe he has a shot. But if he's still slow in picking up his reads and checking down then he might as well not bother.
And if he doesn't make it or even try ...then he'll be that much more accessible for my plans to get him to marry my daughter.
Win - win situation.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n190651 said:
And if he doesn't make it or even try ...then he'll be that much more accessible for my plans to get him to marry my daughter.

You got this all worked out, have you?:lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n190651 said:
Exactly.
And somehow Ryan Fitzpatrick is still in the league...
To me Tim's problem was not necessarily throwing - it was throwing fast enough. Plenty of good QBs throw an ugly ball but they throw it efficiently and can read defenses very well.
Tim seemed to lack the mental acuity to make quick decisions back there. If that part has somehow improved then maybe he has a shot. But if he's still slow in picking up his reads and checking down then he might as well not bother.
Win - win situation.

Tebow's ability to read defenses quick enough has been his biggest issues. You have to read and react. His motion while a low, is not really that much slower than Philip Rivers. If Tebow has learned to read defenses better, reading the whole field he would put himself in a better position to hang on to a job. The fever in which is following has died down, which will help him in a backup position.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Latest info does not include his name as a participant. I agree with the real time reading of defenses, I wonder if it has something to do with his learning disability. At UF having superior talent and a read option means that the reads are simple and many times your receiver is going to be open due to the match up, not so in the NFL. Take his TD in the playoff game, I bet it was the first option, play was designed to be open and with an accurate throw success was achieved. His accuracy into small windows is another issue. Simple!!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If there's one coach who continues to say "screw you" the elitist NFL traditionalists, it's Chip Kelly. I will be re-subscribing to NFL Sunday Ticket if Tebow makes the team.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n192822 said:
If there's one coach who continues to say "screw you" the elitist NFL traditionalists, it's Chip Kelly. I will be re-subscribing to NFL Sunday Ticket if Tebow makes the team.

Why? He wouldn't be the starter.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Can't believe he's throwing w/Sanchez again. Those two are polar opposites. If MS can cash an NFL pay check then TT should be able to too.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope Tebow gives Bradford hell about beating him in Miami for the NC even though Bradford lucked out and won the Heisman that year.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n192846 said:
I just hope Tebow gives Bradford hell about beating him in Miami for the NC even though Bradford lucked out and won the Heisman that year.

bradford.gif

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n192846 said:

He is Tebow so this is not happening. You think that Bradford has forgotten or really cares. I bet he is much more worried about all his injuries than anything else. I bet he has enough money for the rest of his life and one more injury he should retire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.