The Kyle Trask Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trash will be at best the 3rd QB on the field behind Franks EJ and probably Toney.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trash will be at best the 3 QB on the field behind Franks EJ and probably Toney.

I would bet you real money your wrong. I say Franks gets the start and Trask plays second and when they both fail, EJ takes over and learns fast.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would bet you real money your wrong. I say Franks gets the start and Trask plays second and when they both fail, EJ takes over and learns fast.
There will be an EJ package from game one. Probably a Kadarius package also.

Mulkinz cant do a fvkking thing w a QB who cant run the option. He inherited a 5 star all SEC QB, a 5 star all SEC receiver , and the #1 offense in the SEC in 2005 and made it look like a monkey trying to drive a go cart. Even w a calm cool AllSEC QB Leak available, he ran Josh Portis out there to run the option some.

It is what I expect this time from game 1. Im not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

He isnt thinking he can redshirt EJ I think. Not with Franks and Trash not being equipped to run his offense or anyone else's.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

He better not ride the Franks train down the track to losing games before changing QBs. I don't give a flying fvk what the QBs name is or where he came from or whether or not they belong here. Just play someone who can win.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I have a bet with my brother the last couple years on the starter. I won last year when I said it would be Franks and he thought it would he delrio. This year he has Trask and I told him again I think it's gonna be Franks. Mullen has an ego and he sees the higher ceiling with Franks and he won't be able to help himself. He probably wants to show that he can coach Franks up better than Mcelwain. The other thing Franks has over Trask is his running ability. Neither are great runners. But you gotta be a decent running QB to get a 70yarder against anybody. Mullen said Trask was a willing runner but that he's not a skilled runner after practice yesterday. I can definitely see Trask getting the start if he continues looking like the smarter QB through camp. Franks just needs to hit some more 6 yard check downs than Trask.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He better not ride the Franks train down the track to losing games before changing QBs. I don't give a flying fvk what the QBs name is or where he came from or whether or not they belong here. Just play someone who can win.

I have a feeling Franks will blow a game even before that Miss State game. It wouldn't shock me if it was KY. Heck Franks was trying to give them the game last season until he left the game.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016

Mulkinz cant do a fvkking thing w a QB who cant run the option. He inherited a 5 star all SEC QB, a 5 star all SEC receiver , and the #1 offense in the SEC in 2005 and made it look like a monkey trying to drive a go cart. Even w a calm cool AllSEC QB Leak available, he ran Josh Portis out there to run the option some.

It is what I expect this time from game 1. Im not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

He isnt thinking he can redshirt EJ I think. Not with Franks and Trash not being equipped to run his offense or anyone else's.
Didn’t know Mullen was the head coach in 2005. I swore Meyer was the head man and making the decisions...I was drunk most of the time back then so I may be wrong

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mullinz is hoping someone can keep the seat warm and not crap the bed before he can get EJ ready.

you may be right. Mullen is going to have to find out who his "gamer" is - the guy who might not look perfect in practice, but who gets it done when the bullets start flying.

last year, franks proved he was not that guy. could've been youth and bad coaching, or he could just stink.

i have high hopes for the QBs Dan has recruited thus far and just want one of Mac's leftovers to, as you say, be a decent placeholder for the short term.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'll say if we had an established starter who would allow Franks 3 years before having to start, it's not a bad investment. Butters might have through they would have gotten through year one and two with Del Taco (just a guess). Franks on athletic talent alone you take a shot with if you have someone that will keep him on the bench for 3 years (redshirt, Fresh, Soph). Trask, should be at a lower teir (non-BCS) school.
You could give Franks 10 years and he would still suck. The most important skills are quick thinking and getting the ball out quickly on short routes. He will never master either of those.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if our PWO from the Tampa area plays some. His only real knock was his size.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt Trask will be the starter. My money is on Franks again barring a horrible camp:

D7F61D0A-D3E6-4369-98E0-E35ECBE41C7B.jpeg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullinz is hoping someone can keep the seat warm and not crap the bed before he can get EJ ready.
Yeah, EJ just looks like he is on a different level moving around back there and his release is very quick. If he can develop just enough accuracy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.