The list in Scott Stricklin's drawer

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I'd have many way above strong. Normally a failed Texas coach is an instant no even as a 10th back up option, but I think Charlie would do really well here. It maybe a strange circumstance. He would have to take a low salary, low buyout, and come with a great OC.

Not sure why it's near impossible to build good defenses in the big 12. Stoops was also a big time DC here at florida yet went to the big 12 and his defenses struggled greatly and he wins mainly from offense. Muschamps defense wasn't that good in Texas as well.

Strong would get us elite talent on offense and defense. The defense would be great and as long as he had the right hire the offense would be easy to make into a monster with the talent he would bring in.

Strong is a terrible coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You cant beat saban with ball control prostyle. You have to have an aggressive vertical wide open offense.
Yup, vertical is their weakness. Only Ole Miss even tries. Ugly scored a lot against them a few years back with a mediocre QB throwing downfield. Johnny Eightball had success throwing downfield.

It's there, but everyone just tries to plow into the DTs, exactly like Butters will do on Saturday.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I have been thinking about it a lot lately and the field is quite bleak from coaching candidates. Honestly I still think the two best guys out there would be Gundy and Fedora. Fedora would at least recruit and can score, gundy has his team back in the top 15 and competing again after a down year where everyone wrote him off. Other than that the rest is kinda depressing. No way I want a Fleck or a frost at UF. Get your chops wet nationally before ever coming here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have been thinking about it a lot lately and the field is quite bleak from coaching candidates. Honestly I still think the two best guys out there would be Gundy and Fedora. Fedora would at least recruit and can score, gundy has his team back in the top 15 and competing again after a down year where everyone wrote him off. Other than that the rest is kinda depressing. No way I want a Fleck or a frost at UF. Get your chops wet nationally before ever coming here.

Huh? There's plenty of solid coaches out there. Starting with Harsin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.