The TENNESSEE You Must Confront on October 4, 2014

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Watched the game. Worst UT team since they fired Fat Phil. Hurd was way over hyped, field goal kicker is worse than ours, o-line is horrid, and your qb cant hit a pass deeper than 10 yards. Oh, and it looked like your best player Darr is due for some mental and physical hurdles to overcome

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee had convinced themselves that Utah State was some secretly great team, like they do every year. Remember when they beat Western Kentucky and NC State in past years and came away thinking they were the best team in America, only to miss a bowl games? I watched the UT game and came away with a few impressions: UTs o-line will get destroyed by the Fowler's and other elite d-linemen of the SEC. Also, they feasted off Utah State's loose coverage. SEC teams with excellent press coverage defenses are going to stifle that offense. Also, they're still slow on defense and have ZERO depth. Lastly, even against a bunch of stiffs on Utah's defense, they could NOT run the football. And as everyone knows, that'll last about 10 minutes in the SEC.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
TN G8tr said:
Hey Dumbazz, you all are right on track!
I don't know... Chattanooga could be pretty good this year and they have Gigabit fibre to the homes in Chattanooga. So there's that.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Law98gator said:
CGgater;n39587 said:
Nice! I'll have to check Sams up here, but I won't hold my breath. I hear you can order online from Sonny's, too.

Don't they have Sweet Baby Ray everywhere?
Yes they do... I have seen it in Virginia, Florida and Tinercee... LeeRoy Selmon had his own BBQ sauce for a while and a couple of BBQ restaurants in the Tampa Bay area. Good stuff...not the vinegar kind either.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The Original DC said:
Tennessee had convinced themselves that Utah State was some secretly great team, like they do every year. Remember when they beat Western Kentucky and NC State in past years and came away thinking they were the best team in America, only to miss a bowl games? I watched the UT game and came away with a few impressions: UTs o-line will get destroyed by the Fowler's and other elite d-linemen of the SEC. Also, they feasted off Utah State's loose coverage. SEC teams with excellent press coverage defenses are going to stifle that offense. Also, they're still slow on defense and have ZERO depth. Lastly, even against a bunch of stiffs on Utah's defense, they could NOT run the football. And as everyone knows, that'll last about 10 minutes in the SEC.
But aside from all that Mrs. Lincoln...how was the play?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
CGgater;n39587 said:
Nice! I'll have to check Sams up here, but I won't hold my breath. I hear you can order online from Sonny's, too.

Don't they have Sweet Baby Ray everywhere?
It's out here on the west coast also. Started seeing it in the stores 2-3 years ago. Seen it in Cali, Ore and Washington

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n39667 said:
Watched the game. Worst UT team since they fired Fat Phil. Hurd was way over hyped, field goal kicker is worse than ours, o-line is horrid, and your qb cant hit a pass deeper than 10 yards. Oh, and it looked like your best player Darr is due for some mental and physical hurdles to overcome
Their o-line is really in big trouble, yet the UT fans seem to be unable to see this. When they actually dropped back for a pass longer than 5 yards, even a bunch of scrubs from Utah were getting serious pressure. This, combined with their total inability to run the ball was alarming. They're in for a very long year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They'll get a rude awakening when the get to Norman, OK, then Athens, then UF rolls to town.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
They'll get a rude awakening when the get to Norman, OK, then Athens, then UF rolls to town.
Yes, but let them enjoy being national championship contenders for another week or two. 😉

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Utah State didn't have a single black player. It's no wonder they were pushed around.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39711 said:
Utah State didn't have a single black player. It's no wonder they were pushed around.
And maybe even more telling, UT had a bunch of fat, slow, white boys too, on their o-line. This game resembled a 1948 Alabama-Ole Miss game with all the slow white people runnin' around.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;39708 said:
You people are fvkking up a good BBQ thread!
Blah. You sinners mess up good meat with that BBQ sauce anyways. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39711 said:

very solid point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n39754 said:
Blah. You sinners mess up good meat with that BBQ sauce anyways. Should be ashamed of yourselves.
That's what I always say if you gotta use bbq sauce on it it probably ain't cooked right

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n39764 said:
very solid point.

If you were a black guy, would you move to Utah? Ever seen the Mormon teachings about blacks?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Love all kinds of BBQ. Saltwater Cowboy's in St. Auggie is good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.