The TENNESSEE You Must Confront on October 4, 2014

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the game and the thing that struck me the most was just how FAT the average Tennessee fan is. That stadium must be huge in order to fit all of those 102,000 lard asses. It coud probably fit 200,000 normal people. Seriously, there was enough adipose tissue in that stadium to power a medium sized city for a couple years.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle said:
Law98gator;39708 said:
You people are fvkking up a good BBQ thread!
Blah. You sinners mess up good meat with that BBQ sauce anyways. Should be ashamed of yourselves.
:peabody:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39711 said:
Utah State didn't have a single black player. It's no wonder they were pushed around.

Talk about a reverse Donald Sterling statement. lol I'm sure Utah State will get busy recruiting some Brothers in the future so they can tell the world they are politically correct. I'm confident they'll see black players before Florida ever hires a black coach. :)

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought both teams were painful to watch. Slow, boring, horrible, and unimaginative.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Barbecue is nice but the world turns on seafood. Get Alvin some grilled fresh caught swordfish or Mahi Mahi with rice.and I"m a happy camper.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n40224 said:
Barbecue is nice but the world turns on seafood. Get Alvin some grilled fresh caught swordfish or Mahi Mahi with rice.and I"m a happy camper.

It's not fresh if you are eating it in Tennesse... but both swordfish and Mahi Mahi are quiet yummy.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just read that the voles starting LT is out for the year with a acl. Former walk on, they've got a true frosh starting now. One of the few good things about the left coast is fresh bbq'ed salmon, though for the most part out here they don't know good slow cooking.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Just read that the voles starting LT is out for the year with a acl. Former walk on, they've got a true frosh starting now. One of the few good things about the left coast is fresh bbq'ed salmon, though for the most part out here they don't know good slow cooking.
Yeah I just heard the same on the Steve Russel show

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
Stubbs BBQ sauce is the best...
The dry rub is good too. I used it on the Boston butts I smoked this weekend.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n39812 said:
I watched the game and the thing that struck me the most was just how FAT the average Tennessee fan is. That stadium must be huge in order to fit all of those 102,000 lard asses. It coud probably fit 200,000 normal people. Seriously, there was enough adipose tissue in that stadium to power a medium sized city for a couple years.

It's hardly a Tennessee problem only., Overweight people have become a striking American phenomenon We are by far the fattest nation and culture in the history of the human species. Chubby folks are running amok all over this land. The rate of Diabetes for children under 12 years old has skyrocketed. To put it bluntly it's our lifestyle that celebrates fast foods and sugar snacks of all kinds. Our obsession with being overweight has spawned a weight loss industry that rakes in millions of suckers and billions of dollars every year.

You want a perfect poster boy? How about Jared Lorenzen who presently is playing for the Northern Kentucky River Monsters in the Continental Indoor Football League. The dude looks like he's pushing 400 pounds, a rouge elephant forever in search of the next dozen Jelly Donuts or Little Debbie.Snack Cakes.

He's fat. How fat is he? Well here's my entry with a Florida accent. You can add your own.

But Jared Lorenzen takes the cake (Little Debbie). Once he jumped into the gulf here in Panama City and the tide came in at Myrtle Beach.

This is an amazing story.
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...-battle-weight

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Utah State was in a bowl game last year, although I don't remember which, and don't remember whether they won. I know that they gave AU all they could ask for the 2012 season opener. That was the year that caused AU to fire Chizik. Don't remember if they beat Auburn that day or not (AU did lose each and every SEC game in 2012), but Utah St sure played tough against them that day.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Utah state returned 4 starters on Offense and 3 on Defense. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about how good they are based on last year's "Ok" team.

UT losing their starting left tackle is a huge blow. They had difficulty running the ball the whole game and gave up 2 sacks to a Mountain West Team. This should be fun for SEC defenses this season.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My lizards, it doesn't matter how good Utah State happens to be. The bottom line is we opened against a team that ended last season ranked very high in the BCS and thoroughly outplayed them before the cheering throngs of Neyland. It hasn't been this good in over 10 years.

The Volunteers just may be...
Rap for them, Gene Autry
I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again

Ridin' the range once more
Totin' my old 44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n39812 said:

How could this possibly be new info for you? Or is it something you KNEW, but you got overwhelmed by seeing it yet again?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n40299 said:
It's hardly a Tennessee problem only., Overweight people have become a striking American phenomenon

But Jared Lorenzen takes the cake (Little Debbie).
As you once noted, and as we have always thought, the only difference between Tinerc and Kintucky is which side of the hill they live on. The family tree.... errrrr.... family pole, is the same.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n40423 said:
My lizards, it doesn't matter how good Utah State happens to be. The bottom line is we opened against a team that ended last season ranked very high in the BCS and thoroughly outplayed them before the cheering throngs of Neyland. It hasn't been this good in over 10 years.

The Volunteers just may be...
Rap for them, Gene Autry
I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again

Ridin' the range once more
Totin' my old 44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again