Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Testing if I can post, got a message that I could not. As far as this is concerned if you are drunk you can't give consent so yes it is rape.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n72338 said:
As far as this is concerned if you are drunk you can't give consent so yes it is rape.
If this is true there are tens of millions of rapists every single day around the world.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72320 said:
I swear Turk and duece are the same people

My Brother by a different Mother....

:headslap:

Actually I'm G5, in drag.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72320 said:
I swear Turk and duece are the same people

I get the two of the confused all the time as well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n72338 said:
Testing if I can post, got a message that I could not. As far as this is concerned if you are drunk you can't give consent so yes it is rape.

Maybe the players should carry around hand held alcohol level testers showing if a person is over a certain level.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72362 said:
Maybe the players should carry around hand held alcohol level testers showing if a person is over a certain level.
So every guy that's ever taken a woman home from a bar is a rapist?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n72367 said:

I think so reading some comments on this.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n72367 said:

Yea there's some serious holes in that theory.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n72380 said:
Yea there's some serious holes in that theory.
There had better be, for your sake.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Several blurbs on Twitter that Harris will not be charged. Palm Beach Post is reporting that a whole lot of nothing went on and this could be cleared up as soon as this week. Here's another recent tweet:

@AllKindsWeather: Source: Treon Harris Will Not Be Charged http://t.co/GMr1Af1c1C

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n72339 said:
If this is true there are tens of millions of rapists every single day around the world.

Agree. This is total nonsense. I like virtually every poster here, but I can't comprehend how they type what they type at times. Where is the accountability for the girl who chose to get drunk, knowing it would lower her inhibitions? Society has made many advancements, but this is completely overboard.

And again, I'll repeat my question. If any of the guys here have a son, and that son went out with an of-age girl, and both got drunk and had sex, you're telling me you're ok with the law viewing your son as a rapist, simply because the girl had buyer's remorse?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n72401 said:
Several blurbs on Twitter that Harris will not be charged. Palm Beach Post is reporting that a whole lot of nothing went on and this could be cleared up as soon as this week. Here's another recent tweet:

@AllKindsWeather: Source: Treon Harris Will Not Be Charged http://t.co/GMr1Af1c1C

As expected. It's really said that all this had to happen.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n72399 said:
If drunk sex is rape then my wife and I raped each other a lot in college.

"A lot of times people make choices when there drunk that they wouldn't make while sober. Sex is a big thing. She may have wanted to get drunk. Lot's of people do, but she may not have wanted to have sex with you. She can wake up depressed, feeling stupid, used, and dirty. When it comes to sex, you want all parties involved to be completely consenting and not intoxicated"

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n72404 said:
As expected. It's really sad that all this had to happen.

Agree. Harris with the whole world in front of him nearly had his life derailed over what sounds like is a jilted lover type situation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if he's not charged, it's just going to invite accusations of a cover-up and conspiracy. That's just the way it goes these days. Perception is reality.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72408 said:
"A lot of times people make choices when there drunk that they wouldn't make while sober. Sex is a big thing. She may have wanted to get drunk. Lot's of people do, but she may not have wanted to have sex with you. She can wake up depressed, feeling stupid, used, and dirty. When it comes to sex, you want all parties involved to be completely consenting and not intoxicated"

She married me ... I think she consented.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n72401 said:

Amongst all the ridiculous pages of conjecture going on here, this is a bit of good news and hopefully something that sticks. This season is in pretty serious jeopardy if TH is out and Dopey has no pressure to compete. :facepalm: is getting old every season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.