UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's very surprising as to how long this is taking. I really thought a WR coach would have been anounced sometime over the weekend. We'll probably never know for sure, but I wonder how many coaches have been offered and turned this position down?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is absolutely zero reason to rush the hire since signing day has come and gone. A good hire is vastly more important than a fast one.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n174253 said:
There is absolutely zero reason to rush the hire since signing day has come and gone. A good hire is vastly more important than a fast one.

At this point, you're right. As long as they have one in place before spring practice starts.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Miami just hired their new wr coach within hours of the job opening. @smillerdegnan: Miami Herald source: Kevin Beard is the new UM #Hurricanes receivers coach.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
williston_gator;n174322 said:
Miami just hired their new wr coach within hours of the job opening. @smillerdegnan: Miami Herald source: Kevin Beard is the new UM #Hurricanes receivers coach.
:panic:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
While I agree we need a WR coach, I think making sure you get the right guy is important. Mac is trying to lure someone good.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: I'd be surprised if #Gators did not hire one this week. RT @Nerv_WooDs: do we have a timeline yet with our wr

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
williston_gator;n174363 said:
@onlygators: I'd be surprised if #Gators did not hire one this week. RT @Nerv_WooDs: do we have a timeline yet with our wr

Lol, while the rest of us would be surprised if we did hire one this week.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n174342 said:
stop with your facts
Like you ever bring any facts to the table

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All he brings to the table is a vagina.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n174253 said:

It's laughable at some of the posters thoughts on here. The same people complain about recruiting and how bad the class was going to be. Then at the same time complain about the positions coaches being filled in a manner that fits their time table.

In a perfect world where the coach is in complete control, these arguements might make some sense. But when a coach is hired who is up against the clock with recruiting, confronted with dead periods, and an impending signing day with only 8 kids committed, he has to set his priorities and stay on track. I agree, since things didn't fallen in place to get the RIGHT guy as the wr coach there is no hurry at this point. There are more pressing needs even now that Coach Mac is having to deal with so there is no rush to get just anybody. This is a position that has under performed more than any position on the team based on the talent we have recruited for the position. Coach Mac will personally spend a lot of time with this group based on the CSU videos that I've seen of him. He seems to take a hands on approach with the whole offense. That being said we still need a guy that can spend a lot of time coaching this group up and I believe Coach Mac will coach them himself before he just grabs anybody just to please the fans and say we have filled the spot. I will go ahead and predict that when the position is filled the same posters will complain about who he hired. There is something about Coach Mac that seems to be very evident, he is very organized, structured, and methodical about the way he does things. With WM it was more of a hope that as a young coach he had the tools to become a good head coach, but with Mac for me there seems to be a complete confindence in what he is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator