UF QB Situation

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Three consectutive Big Ten titles......vs 2 SEC East. You may also want to look at their overall records as Bert took over a MUCH worse situation than Butters....

Won one out right, tied for the second one, and was third place in his division for the 3rd one (but since tOSU and Penn State were on probation) got to play for the third one.

first one 2010 - tied for 1st with Ohio State (later tOSU wins were vacated) finished 11-2
2011 - One out right first in division (tOSU 3-5 that year context) finished 11-3
2012 - Finished third in the division (tOSU 12-0, Penn State 8-4 (6-2), Wisconsin 8-6 (4-4)) Context

Context is a bitch when you say that. So really no that more special than two SEC East Crowns against questionable competition.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Won one out right, tied for the second one, and was third place in his division for the 3rd one (but since tOSU and Penn State were on probation) got to play for the third one.

first one 2010 - tied for 1st with Ohio State (later tOSU wins were vacated) finished 11-2
2011 - One out right first in division (tOSU 3-5 that year context) finished 11-3
2012 - Finished third in the division (tOSU 12-0, Penn State 8-4 (6-2), Wisconsin 8-6 (4-4)) Context

Context is a ***** when you say that. So really no that more special than two SEC East Crowns against questionable competition.
Yeah even at Wisc. he was over matched by having to recruit against Mich., MSU, OSU, ND, PSU...Same as at Arky. He's recruiting against Bama, LSU, UT,TAMU, OU and the rest of the SEC....Butters is at the flagship university at the recruiting mecca, with a historically relevant football program including recent NC's and Heisman winners.....Do you see an advantage there? Winning the West at Arky would be the equivalent of Vandy winning the SEC.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
LOL. That question has nothing to do with the original conversation.

This is the old Rex trying to force an argument.

I have no idea if he has or not. The defense is very young. A lot of the projected starters have seen little to no action.

I didn't say anything about the defense. I said I think we are a QB away from being able to compete for championships. Then you switched the conversation to focus solely on the defense. The object is to take my QB comment, switch it to talking about the defense and then use the young defense to prove I'm wrong. I'm not playing the game.

I think the team as a whole can compete for championships if we get a QB that can run the offense efficiently.

Once again, I didn't say we could beat Bama consistently, win the SEC every year or win NCs. I simply said that in my opinion we could compete.
agree, also a little more depth sprinkled around

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah even at Wisc. he was over matched by having to recruit against Mich., MSU, OSU, ND, PSU...Same as at Arky. He's recruiting against Bama, LSU, UT,TAMU, OU and the rest of the SEC....Butters is at the flagship university at the recruiting mecca, with a historically relevant football program including recent NC's and Heisman winners.....Do you see an advantage there? Winning the West at Arky would be the equivalent of Vandy winning the SEC.

Why do you keep on bringing up Butters, when the conversation isn't about Butters... it's like you don't have a real argument other than "I hate Butters". The conversation isn't who is better, because they are kinda the same. Michigan had Rich Rod and jabroni at HC, Penn State was under sanctions (recruiting sanctions), Michigan State is Michigan State, and you bring up Notre Dame, because your Crete. Still haven't proven your point about Belimia being this great coach. Alvarez was 19-6 the previous two years before Belima took over... so rebuilding?

But you keep on keeping on... in the end you really don't have an argument... :shocked:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My argument is backed up by good sound logic and littered with facts...However I can see you don't take the time to read them

I do, and you facts just back up he is similar to Butters. Solid coach for a middle tier school, but not big time.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Three consectutive Big Ten titles......vs 2 SEC East. You may also want to look at their overall records as Bert took over a MUCH worse situation than Butters....

Again, it's just your opinion that Bert took over a much worse situation than Mac.

If you want to narrow it down, compare just their SEC HC records...... That's really all we care about anyway, the Big1 Sucks!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sure we are, I bet the defense will be good and perhaps very good. And if the offense can run the ball and score say 35 points against most of our opponents (perhaps more against the wimps) we will be competitive in every game. Not NC for sure or beating Bama easily, but competitive with Bama.

Avg 35 pts/game would put us in the top 30(31st) offenses according to last years' stats. That's comical.

The defense that has carried MacGoober the last two years is going to be a weakness. The replacement parts aren't there.

We won't be seeing Bama so I don't have to worry about them scoring 50+ on us.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Avg 35 pts/game would put us in the top 30(31st) offenses according to last years' stats. That's comical.

The defense that has carried MacGoober the last two years is going to be a weakness. The replacement parts aren't there.

Im sure you would thoroughly enjoy this scenario. Your desire to be right over rides anything else. P.S. You really should try a reputable rehab.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Facts / opinions..... someone seems confused and it's not me.

what has either proven they are a top teir coach, look at their recruiting and records.... the data (facts) support my opinion. I have neither confused... but I know you are just :stirpot:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
On the contrary. The only hard fact any of us have regarding this would be the offensive performance without Grier....which in case you haven't noticed sucks....The rest is just one story against another. Sounds like Mac McNeuheisel wanted Grier gone and he is the one ultimately responsible for the performance on the field so in my eyes he is to blame.
We voted dude. you lost. Take it like a man. Or maybe you need a fresh start. :whistle:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That's what you're missing Chief. He never got the chance. Butters told him to leave town after getting suspended.....He was still supposed to be with the team, practicing, and going to class. Mac made him leave. He was asking about the future to find out if he was still part of the team.

By the Grier quotes posted in this thread alone (if accurate), you can't possibly believe your stated position. Or do you have inside info that we don't?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
what has either proven they are a top teir coach, look at their recruiting and records.... the data (facts) support my opinion. I have neither confused... but I know you are just :stirpot:

I don't know chit!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That's what you're missing Chief. He never got the chance. Butters told him to leave town after getting suspended.....He was still supposed to be with the team, practicing, and going to class. Mac made him leave. He was asking about the future to find out if he was still part of the team.

I have seen no objective reporting that this happened. And of course who cares what a paid person who is not really a Gator says, you perform and stay and he has no choice. Would you leave being a Gator for anything?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Time will tell and I said IF, not for sure. The point is if the offense is better, holds the ball (few three and outs), and scores more a lesser defense will get the same or similar results due to being more rested and having a larger margin for error.

And yes the parts are there, but I agree there are only one per position so depth is a real issue even more than say last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator