UF QB Situation

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

LOL. That question has nothing to do with the original conversation.

This is the old Rex trying to force an argument.

I have no idea if he has or not. The defense is very young. A lot of the projected starters have seen little to no action.

I didn't say anything about the defense. I said I think we are a QB away from being able to compete for championships. Then you switched the conversation to focus solely on the defense. The object is to take my QB comment, switch it to talking about the defense and then use the young defense to prove I'm wrong. I'm not playing the game.

I think the team as a whole can compete for championships if we get a QB that can run the offense efficiently.

Once again, I didn't say we could beat Bama consistently, win the SEC every year or win NCs. I simply said that in my opinion we could compete.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Grier in his own words:

I said, the exact quote, “I just want to know what your plans are for the future. Are you going to bring in more guys? Am I a guy you don’t see playing here in the future?” He said, “You’re welcome here in the future, you’re a Gator, but I’m not telling you my plans. I’m not giving you any guarantees.” That answer does not sound like a particularly bad one from McElwain. In fact, it appears to go along with what was reported at the time of Grier’s transfer.

I agree it sounds like a perfectly reasonable answer to me.

Grier says a second meeting with McElwain was set up as a last-ditch effort to see what Grier could do to “make it work” at Florida. He claims that took a negative turn, too.

Why was Grier asking for a 2nd meeting? He had his answer. The only reason I can think that Grier was going back was for a guarantee.

He finally ended up saying, “Maybe a fresh start isn’t the worst thing.” He said that, and I said, “So I guess that’s the move.”

Why would Mac say that? Maybe he was tired of Grier coming in and asking for a fcvking guarantee. Mac gave him the answer and it was all Grier could reasonably expect. Grier was pushing for the guarantee and Mac was tired of his (and his dad's) crap.

Grier says “it was obvious [McElwain] didn’t want me [to remain at Florida]” and he “will never understand why.” He goes on to note that “I never thought McElwain appreciated anything I did,” saying that a coach who did appreciate him “would’ve done anything to get me ready to play for the next year” and not the opposite. McElwain said he would allow a transfer to any school outside of the SEC and “was very helpful after that, once he knew I was leaving.”

Grier sounds like a a butt hurt snowflake.
Sounds to me like Mac Neuheisel didn't want any damned old talented QB over shadowing his offensive mastery that turns 2 and 3 star chicken sh!t into triple digit offensive rankings year after year.....Or maybe somebody else's Daddy was being a pain in the ass.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. That question has nothing to do with the original conversation.

This is the old Rex trying to force an argument.

I have no idea if he has or not. The defense is very young. A lot of the projected starters have seen little to no action.

I didn't say anything about the defense. I said I think we are a QB away from being able to compete for championships. Then you switched the conversation to focus solely on the defense. The object is to take my QB comment, switch it to talking about the defense and then use the young defense to prove I'm wrong. I'm not playing the game.

I think the team as a whole can compete for championships if we get a QB that can run the offense efficiently.

Once again, I didn't say we could beat Bama consistently, win the SEC every year or win NCs. I simply said that in my opinion we could compete.

Dude. We're not a QB away. Why? Because the defense isn't good enough.

Competing is inclusive of the whole team, right? Or did you mean just competing on offense?

Dude.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Sounds to me like Mac Neuheisel didn't want any damned old talented QB over shadowing his offensive mastery that turns 2 and 3 star chicken sh!t into triple digit offensive rankings year after year.....Or maybe somebody else's Daddy was being a pain in the ass.....
I declare that you have lost your argument.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

Competing is inclusive of the whole team, right? Or did you mean just competing on offense?

Dude.

You always use the same tactic of turning the conversation away from the original focus. LOL.

I said repeatedly, in my opinion the team as a whole is a QB away from being able to compete.

Neither of us really know what this defense is going to look like.

We have vastly differing opinions, but neither of us is wrong or right at the current time.

The only thing we know for sure is the Donkey is definitely wrong. :lmao2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So this Grier guy, who in what? 7-8 prior character-forming years out-competed every year 3-4 other QB athletes trying to be the team starter. Then in high school he did the same and even went further to beat all QBs in his State Division in all the history of Virginia H.S. football. So, IMO Grier never would have the thought "guarantee". He could have seen an unearned positive regard for the person LDR, and felt that even after serving his suspension, Mac would continue to "begrudge" Grier's highly publicized "PED cheating". IMO Grier was worried that he could outperform LDR but not get his 'startership' back. From Mac's non-involvement in fighting for Grier and his stark comments to Grier's vulnerability of actually just asking, if he outperformed others (what he was used to doing all his life) would he win the starting QB position? Mac did not fight for Grier, something any HC would do to keep a QB Mac knew would beat out his LDR favorite. Grier was no longer wanted here, so he was treated coldly enough to make the much more career and socially disruptive move to West Virginia. Yes, Grier brought his suspension on himself, but being a begrudged persona told Grier "a fresh start elsewhere might not be the worst thing for you" = that's an HC turning his back on a worried Grier. Mac's statement solidly implies that Grier's staying at UF is the worst thing for him. I see that as baffling.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So this Grier guy, who in what? 7-8 prior character-forming years out-competed every year 3-4 other QB athletes trying to be the team starter. Then in high school he did the same and even went further to beat all QBs in his State Division in all the history of Virginia H.S. football. So, IMO Grier never would have the thought "guarantee". He could have seen an unearned positive regard for the person LDR, and felt that even after serving his suspension, Mac would continue to "begrudge" Grier's highly publicized "PED cheating". IMO Grier was worried that he could outperform LDR but not get his 'startership' back. From Mac's non-involvement in fighting for Grier and his stark comments to Grier's vulnerability of actually just asking, if he outperformed others (what he was used to doing all his life) would he win the starting QB position? Mac did not fight for Grier, something any HC would do to keep a QB Mac knew would beat out his LDR favorite. Grier was no longer wanted here, so he was treated coldly enough to make the much more career and socially disruptive move to West Virginia. Yes, Grier brought his suspension on himself, but being a begrudged persona told Grier "a fresh start elsewhere might not be the worst thing for you" = that's an HC turning his back on a worried Grier. Mac's statement solidly implies that Grier's staying at UF is the worst thing for him. I see that as baffling.

:wobble:

Grier let down his coach, his team and the fans. Was he feeling a little cold shoulder? Suck it up buttercup. Be a man and take the heat for a little while and prove you're worthy of playing.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I declare that you have lost your argument.
On the contrary. The only hard fact any of us have regarding this would be the offensive performance without Grier....which in case you haven't noticed sucks....The rest is just one story against another. Sounds like Mac McNeuheisel wanted Grier gone and he is the one ultimately responsible for the performance on the field so in my eyes he is to blame.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
If Grier had stayed, kept his ego and mouth in check, and been a team player, he would have been playing from the second half of Arkansas till the end of the year. He would also be the presumed starter for next year. He screwed himself, in my opinion.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mac did not fight for Grier, something any HC would do to keep a QB Mac knew would beat out his LDR favorite. Grier was no longer wanted here, so he was treated coldly enough to make the much more career and socially disruptive move to West Virginia. Yes, Grier brought his suspension on himself, but being a begrudged persona told Grier "a fresh start elsewhere might not be the worst thing for you" = that's an HC turning his back on a worried Grier. Mac's statement solidly implies that Grier's staying at UF is the worst thing for him. I see that as baffling.
That sums it up pretty good. Jimbo went to bat for a RAPEST, and a socially disruptive jerkoff and was rewarded with a NC.....A 19 year old kid who was committed to being a Gator for nearly 6 years, through 2HC's and 3 OC's, forgets to ask about a supplement that was legal when he started taking it and then declared illegal around the start of the season and he's treated like a Leper by a coach who knows that the team has been struggling offensively for 6 years....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
he's treated like a Leper by a coach who knows that the team has been struggling offensively for 6 years....

Prove it.

tampons_click_super_2017.png

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just read in this thread that chump would have won the east twice. We attract some crazy mother ****ers to this board.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You must mean the 2 star whisperer who curb stomped our PB&J eating Rick Neuheisel wanna be?

He did curbstomp us... what does that have to do with anything. If he was winning SEC Championship's then that would be an argument.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Dude.

Sure we are, I bet the defense will be good and perhaps very good. And if the offense can run the ball and score say 35 points against most of our opponents (perhaps more against the wimps) we will be competitive in every game. Not NC for sure or beating Bama easily, but competitive with Bama.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to burst your bubble but records are all we have to compare past teams and years.

So do you think the 2012 team was as good as Grossman's 20001 team... They both only had 2 losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator