Urban Meyer to coach Gators again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
It’s like this... say you dated a chick and she gave the BEST blowwjob you ever had. But then she dumps you and your heart is broken. It takes you months, even years to get over her.

But then one day... you find out she might be willing to come back over and give you another b’job. You remember just how AMAZING it was. You’re understandably afraid of being hurt again... BUT if she actually shows up at your door... what will you do? You KNOW how good she is... and that she’ll “even” swallow like the true champion of oral sex that she is.

Now let me ask you a question... Are you gonna let her ‘job you? Or are you gonna slam the door in her face for all the past hurt? What’cha gonna do?

19397190_10210981193583845_1594520601126475273_n.jpg

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Since when does this thread say Urban is coming back? You guys need some reading comprehension.

I'm going to have to give a seminar on what a sports message board is.
Is the lessson for only paying members or am I going to get it via ads?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
It’s like this... say you dated a chick and she gave the BEST blowwjob you ever had. But then she dumps you and your heart is broken. It takes you months, even years to get over her.

But then one day... you find out she might be willing to come back over and give you another b’job. You remember just how AMAZING it was. You’re understandably afraid of being hurt again... BUT if she actually shows up at your door... what will you do? You KNOW how good she is... and that she’ll “even” swallow like the true champion of oral sex that she is.

Now let me ask you a question... Are you gonna let her ‘job you? Or are you gonna slam the door in her face for all the past hurt? What’cha gonna do?
best.analogy.ever

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, all jobs are good jobs. The come in good and great. Even the ones who uses her teeth a little too much are good. Pizza's are the same, good and great. So the answer is always yes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You are really questioning how a thread titled "Urban Meyer to coach the Gators again?" is interpreted that people may think Urban is coming back?
It's supposed to be interpreted that the UAA is talking to Urban Meyer. You can draw whatever conclusions you want from there, but no one said that Meyer was going to be the head coach again.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although I also doubt whether this materializes in any way, I am a little shocked at the overreaction by some to the news.

Will he become the next coach? Probably not, but what is so wrong about discussing the rumor?

Are we this desperate? I am. All I know is that we have whiffed on consecutive coaches and we are now one bad hire away from being Nebraska. Understanding this fact, we are desperate to get the right guy this time.

My attitude about this search is that I would like Stricklin to inquire about, if not pursue, EVERY potential candidate to ensure that we do the best we can. I prefer this approach to what it appears we have done in the past which is, isolate a small group of candidates (3-4). Then whiff on one after the other and end up panicking and hiring Ron Zook or Jim McElwain even though we know they are not what we need.

If Strong or Mullen ends up being the guy, then we all know we followed the same approach once again and pulled the panic lever.

No coach is off the list at this point other than Belichick and Saban.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's supposed to be interpreted that the UAA is talking to Urban Meyer. You can draw whatever conclusions you want from there, but no one said that Meyer was going to be the head coach again.

If you read through this thread the constant talk is about Urban coming back... early in the thread you even stated there is no way he was coming back... why would you do that if people weren't inferring the opposite?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you read through this thread the constant talk is about Urban coming back... early in the thread you even stated there is no way he was coming back... why would you do that if people weren't inferring the opposite?
I don't personally think he'll come back, but it's a legitimate rumor and worth discussing. My goal is to make the GCMB the premier Gator forum on the internet, so I am constantly reaching out to new people. If I can get the attention of new Gator fans with a rumor, then I'm going to do it. This particular rumor has blown up on our Facebook page, has tons of comments (good and bad), and has generated a bunch of clicks to the site from new people. That's the name of the game.

Every time a rumor is shared, it seems like we have someone that complains about it. I guess it would be preferred that no one shares any information and we just sit around looking at each other, or perhaps just talk about the weather.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't personally think he'll come back, but it's a legitimate rumor and worth discussing. My goal is to make the GCMB the premier Gator forum on the internet, so I am constantly reaching out to new people. If I can get the attention of new people with a rumor, then I'm going to do it. This particular rumor has blown up on our Facebook page, has tons of comments (good and bad), and has generated a bunch of clicks to the site from new people. That's the name of the game.

Every time a rumor is shared, it seems like we have someone that complains about it. I guess it would be preferred that no one shares any information and we just sit around looking at each other, or perhaps just talk about the weather.

All I said is that we must be pretty desperate (meaning as fans) if we are actually talking about Urban coming back. I never said the rumor shouldn't be talked about... I just think it shows how desperate we are as a fan base. The fact that this is blowing up on FB shows that even more. I have no issues with you using it to promote the site and drive users to the site.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Urban - I am interested in coming back to coach the Gators.

UF - Can you send us your resume?

Urban - Its in the case in the foyer.

oops, wrong coach.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
In this day, nothing at all would surprise, though Meyer returning back to UF is very low on the probability scale. Think about the reasons he left UF; the job became too stressful, expectations were too high, no more Tebow, Saban wiped the floor with Meyer, etc. Take a look at FL now and what has changed? The expectations are even higher and our program has smashed through rock bottom, Saban isn't going anywhere and while the SEC is down at the moment, it won't stay that way. Also, if Meyer wasn't willing to put the effort into rebuilding FL after losing Tebow and coming off of some of the best years in Florida football's history, what makes anyone think Meyer would put in the effort to rebuild a team that is exponentially worse than when he left?

Aside from the fact that Meyer coached at Florida in the past, I can't find any other reason why Meyer would come back to Gainesville and TBH, I would be very disappointed if Stricklin hired him. We need an energetic, creative, azz-kicking coach that will come in here and completely change the mindset and instill toughness into our team. That person is not Meyer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Urbs, it's Jeremy.

click

ring ring

Hey Urbs....

You've reached the voicemail of Urban Meyer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All I said is that we must be pretty desperate (meaning as fans) if we are actually talking about Urban coming back. I never said the rumor shouldn't be talked about... I just think it shows how desperate we are as a fan base. The fact that this is blowing up on FB shows that even more. I have no issues with you using it to promote the site and drive users to the site.
ATX, you're my favorite poster, so no worries. It absolutely 100% shows how desperate we are as a fan base. We are one of the most desperate fan bases in history right now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ATX, you're my favorite poster, so no worries. It absolutely 100% shows how desperate we are as a fan base. We are one of the most desperate fan bases in history right now.

Amen brother. Between the Urban coming back and the oceans of tears due to ped boy, we really look pathetic. Thats ok though, we have been pathetic for years now.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
All I said is that we must be pretty desperate (meaning as fans) if we are actually talking about Urban coming back.

If there was mutual interest from Meyer, would it be desperate for us to hire him? Just about every Gator fan, whether they like to admit, would trade another 6 years of glory even if it meant a massive flame out like last time. I'm sick of losing and I'm sick of loser coaches...like him or not, Urbs is a winner.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
Several years ago the university I work for was searching for a new president and I happened to be on the search committee. I knew of someone that I thought would be an outstanding candidate, but was unlikely to be pried out of her current institution. So what I asked our search firm to do is give her a call for the official purpose of identifying people that she might know to be candidates. But as I discussed it with the search firm, I suggested that in the process of getting her to identify other people, they also ask her if she might be interested. If Stricklin is smart, and so far he seems to be, he did something similar with Meyer. "Hey, I'd like to ask your opinions on some of the coaches out there or anyone you think we should look at." And then, after doing that, you simply ask, "I know you still have a house down here, any chance you'd want to come back?" The answer was probably 'no', but it is certainly worth the ask. And you still get ideas on other candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.