Van Jefferson eligibility

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least it's looking more and more likely that he'll be approved.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I don’t think the NCAA approval will take that long, relatively speaking. Like before fall camp

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good step. Jefferson is that kind of WR I'd see on TV & say "Man. I wish we had aaWR like that ... and now we almost do ?-- not without much 'wanderment' = wandering wondering delay. Hope Jeff runs better patterns than our UF officials on this have.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:waiting:

If only someone had filed the NCAA appeal months ago, we wouldnt have to wait 2-6 more months to have their decision.

Great news!

.....and here’s Donkey to bring everybody back down. Right on cue.

I’m guessing there’s a reason they had to wait and it wasn’t them just sitting on their hands

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Great news!

.....and here’s Donkey to bring everybody back down. Right on cue.

I’m guessing there’s a reason they had to wait and it wasn’t them just sitting on their hands
Presumably they knew that the SEC might change the rule and NCAA approval would likely follow. Some actions are non-commutative. It matters which you do first.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Everything I'm reading over the last hour suggests Van is good to go.

Now, as someone noted, what is Grimes's situation?

EJ's clock needs to be put on fast forward. Yesterday. But Dan sounds like he wants to slow play the talent. Too bad, cuz with both WR transfers, our skill positions look damn good. Jefferson, Grimes, Toney, Cleveland, Scarlett, Perine, the new RBs. If only we could find an OL......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah probably like that time they waited 6 months to file Floyd's appeal and he lost half of season because of a brownie sale.

If there's one thing those athletic department attorneys know it's NCAA Appeals...... and writing contracts for head coaches. Quite an elite team they've assembled.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Presumably they knew that the SEC might change the rule and NCAA approval would likely follow. Some actions are non-commutative. It matters which you do first.
The NCAA doesn't give a damn about SEC rules. They follow their rules and let the SEC worry about their own.

This was simply government attorney laziness. It should be done today.

And yet they havent even FILED yet.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everything I'm reading over the last hour suggests Van is good to go.

Now, as someone noted, what is Grimes's situation?

EJ's clock needs to be put on fast forward. Yesterday. But Dan sounds like he wants to slow play the talent. Too bad, cuz with both WR transfers, our skill positions look damn good. Jefferson, Grimes, Toney, Cleveland, Scarlett, Perine, the new RBs. If only we could find an OL......

I was listening to Zach A’s podcast and Mullen essentially said that the quarterbacks will make the biggest jump from Spring to the Fall right now during the player-organized practices. Although it may sound like Mullen is spoon-feeding EJ, he will largely determine the role he has within the offense with the work he’s putting in right now. There was a video a few weeks back that Van posted of EJ throwing to Tyrie. I hope he continues to take it upon himself to put the time in with the receivers to get their timing down and has a good grasp of the playbook by the time camp starts. He has a excellent chance to start his Freshman year if the game begins to slow down for him.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
a quick scan reveals very little being said about Grimes's eligibility at this time. just have to wait. again.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
yeah probably like that time they waited 6 months to file Floyd's appeal and he lost half of season because of a brownie sale.

If there's one thing those athletic department attorneys know it's NCAA Appeals...... and writing contracts for head coaches. Quite an elite team they've assembled.

Ok

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Good step. Jefferson is that kind of WR I'd see on TV & say "Man. I wish we had aaWR like that ... and now we almost do ?-- not without much 'wanderment' = wandering wondering delay. Hope Jeff runs better patterns than our UF officials on this have.
Jefferson still can practice.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
:waiting:

If only someone had filed the NCAA appeal months ago, we wouldnt have to wait 2-6 more months to have their decision.

Not going to stop Jefferson from practicing. Not worried that he will play. NCAA is a layup approval as the "have" programs like Bama and the "probation" programs like Ole Miss (that would be against approval) are seriously out voted. Saban has more influence in the SEC and lost there.

UF/SEC are connected. If we needed to file earlier we would have. SEC approval carries weight.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The NCAA doesn't give a damn about SEC rules. They follow their rules and let the SEC worry about their own.

If they haven't filled by cob Monday, you will have a point besides the one between your donkey ears).

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
a quick scan reveals very little being said about Grimes's eligibility at this time. just have to wait. again.

Grimes transferred from OSU with several years of eligibility left. His request to avoid sitting out a year is supposedly based on a newly developed dire medical condition by his mother. The obvious fly in this ointment is that his mother lives in Miami.......I'm sure you can figure his chances out....

BTW, he only has 2 career catches.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It was actually a bit of good lawyering this time. Jefferson not being cleared to play yet by the NCAA could only HELP us in regard to the vote today at the SEC meeting.

He will now be cleared by the NCAA in short order since they have already approved 5 other underclassmen transfers from Ole Miss.

I'm sure you won't agree with this, but it is true.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Grimes transferred from OSU with several years of eligibility left. His request to avoid sitting out a year is supposedly based on a newly developed dire medical condition by his mother. The obvious fly in this ointment is that his mother lives in Miami.......I'm sure you can figure his chances out....

BTW, he only has 2 career catches.

Well he was a freshman last year coming off a knee injury his senior year in HS. He took a leave of absence in October due to his mothers illness. Gainesville is a lot closer to Mom than Ohio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.