We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would venture to guess that this stems from a lack of actual game experience. Those kinks should've been worked out his soph/jr of HIGH SCHOOL.
Playing two hand touch football while wearing a no contact jersey just isnt the same as actual game experience.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In the podcast I watched, they said Franks is the guy taking charge and leading the offense. He has some accuracy issues. Trask is the guy that can make all the throws, even in tight windows. But he isn't the leader Franks appears to be (yet).

Yep I hear he likes to do the ra ra stuff but it appears his play in practice probably has the coaches nervous in reality and throwing a bunch of picks will dilute the ra ra stuff real quick. I think the coaches may have actually told these grad transfers they have a real chance to start if they come to UF and not just the typical BS line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep I hear he likes to do the ra ra stuff but it appears his play in practice probably has the coaches nervous in reality and throwing a bunch of picks will dilute the ra ra stuff real quick.
Danny threw a lot of picks. I dont care. Gunslingers do. Who cares if you throw two or three picks if you are tossing 4-6 TDs.

We need some fvkking aggressiveness back in our offense and to flush out this just score two times and run out the clock bullshyt. It has infected everything but these coaches are patient zero.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Danny threw a lot of picks. I dont care. Gunslingers do. Who cares if you throw two or three picks if you are tossing 4-6 TDs.

We need some fvkking aggressiveness back in our offense and to flush out this just score two times and run out the clock bullshyt. It has infected everything but these coaches are patient zero.

Ok but Danny wasn't throwing any picks like Franks has thrown since leaving high school. Watch those 6 picks or so he has thrown since leaving its like he doesn't see the defenders almost on some of them or just doesn't care where they are and throws it anyway. I want aggressiveness but not Driskel 2.0 when trying to do it. I do want him or Trask to start over the others just to see what we have and let the chips fall where they do. Maybe its because we have had this issue for so long but the situation at QB has me worried as heck again.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Reading between the lines on what little bit we get out of practice and what Franks has actually done since departing his high school I am afraid we might have another Driskel on our hands. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Trask starts most of this upcoming season. Franks may get the courtesy first chance since he was a blue chipper however.
All we talk is 4 star and 5 star players, rightly so. If Trask starts over 4 star Franks this board may explode!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If no walkon makes progress in a program I suspect that means coaches are too tied up in their recruiting decisions not in who is the best player to win game.
This is a common trait of coaches who will struggle/fail because the need for everyone to know their "prowess" as talent scouts and talent developers is paramount IMO. They seem to wait for a break out performance among a bunch of mediocre to near misses as their "see, I told you so" moments. The best have egos nourished by consistent winning and championships and the other traits are noticed as a result.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The information is out there, you guys just can't be bothered with watching a 57 minute podcast that's been shared at least 3 times around here.:rolleyes:

You are correct... I don't have an hour to listen to a guy give 3 minutes of valuable information.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are correct... I don't have an hour to listen to a guy give 3 minutes of valuable information.

That's fine, but if you don't have the time or inclination to comb through the information out there, you probably shouldn't complain about a lack of information.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know why all you clowns are laughing... nothing thats been said so far is anything new, we all know it. The only word weve heard the whole time is franks has leadership but cant throw worth a crap, and that trask can throw but cant get his brain into big boy football mode. This is the same as it was the last year or so... nothings changed. These are the same reports we've heard for months.

So once again, nothing new is being said, nothing exciting, nothing has changed. And that is troublesome.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, you listen to Andrew Gravey and Delatorre and come away thinking Delatorre is the retard? Gravey is unabashed pumler, Delatirre is very reserved in his Realism, usually just phrasing it as a question.
No, i can't make 5 mins through one of those podcast. Theyre both a couple of dipshcits.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok but Danny wasn't throwing any picks like Franks has thrown since leaving high school.
That wasnt meant to be support for Franks. I have great doubts about him. I mean in general we need to sign and develop gunslingers again. Not being so ridiculously conservative that we strangle every ounce of fearlessness and confidence from every single QB year after year after year.... well since 2010 really.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Correct Swonky -- then some WRs can step up and wrest the ball from defenders. All learn by doing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The interesting question is which QB would you go with? The confident leader that throws picks or the accurate milk toast? Can confidence be taught? Can accuracy be taught?

If I remember correctly Leak wasn't much of a leader. Especially in the shadow of Tebow. But we'd probably all kill to have Leak back. Grier was an overconfident gunslinger and all know what happened to him. If I'm laying bets right now I'd say Mac goes with Trask. Personally I'd be real tempted to go with the gunslinger but I'm a gambler.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The interesting question is which QB would you go with? The confident leader that throws picks or the accurate milk toast? Can confidence be taught? Can accuracy be taught?

If I remember correctly Leak wasn't much of a leader. Especially in the shadow of Tebow. But we'd probably all kill to have Leak back. Grier was an overconfident gunslinger and all know what happened to him. If I'm laying bets right now I'd say Mac goes with Trask. Personally I'd be real tempted to go with the gunslinger but I'm a gambler.
I think it just depends on how big a gap between their throwing consistency. If its not that big I think mac goes with the leader. He's stated multiple times in pressers that hes looking for the guy that steps up and takes command of the huddle and team. Unless Franks is doing it while throwing it in the dirt every snap I'd say he's the safe bet.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think it just depends on how big a gap between their throwing consistency. If its not that big I think mac goes with the leader. He's stated multiple times in pressers that hes looking for the guy that steps up and takes command of the huddle and team. Unless Franks is doing it while throwing it in the dirt every snap I'd say he's the safe bet.
Yeah I know Mac says that. But he sure seems to be low risk when it comes to his decisions. Taking the other position I think Mac wants the long ball with all his heart and soul. So it may come down to who is the better down field passer.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's fine, but if you don't have the time or inclination to comb through the information out there, you probably shouldn't complain about a lack of information.

There is a big difference between a one hour podcast and articles with information. That said... it seems like the lack of content is due to Spring Break.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
May the best man win. I will say that if you pick that 2 star guy over the 4 star bluechipper...Trask better perform and perform well.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
May the best man win. I will say that if you pick that 2 star guy over the 4 star bluechipper...Trask better perform and perform well.

I think Mac's gonna have a hard choice on his hands come the end of fall practice. Go with the kid that has the leadership skills you like, but throws interceptions a lot because he's cocky or just not quite "bright" enough to read the defenses correctly, or the guy that isn't a strong leader, but can make the plays. Sometimes it's ok to look for leadership in other places if the skill level is good enough to keep the machine running smoothly imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator