We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I got a feeling they look the same as driskel, treoff, brisset and the rest of them did. make some plays, not make some plays, etc... but nothing really exciting. It also bothers me that the local media pumps the snot out of whoever it is at the position during the offseason even though they actually suck. We aren't even seeing the driskel like pumping for this batch. Either the media has completely changed, or theres nothing to pump. Full disclosure - I have a hard time believing the media has changed.

I get where you are coming from, but usually we also get the... break out player of the year stuff as well around other WR (Massey last year)...

We haven't seen anything.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I get where you are coming from, but usually we also get the... break out player of the year stuff as well around other WR (Massey last year)...

yep, agreed... i also find that a little strange, and possibly troublesome.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Articles aren't saying anything ... or the QBs aren't doing anything. All that gets mentioned is one TD pass from Feleipe to Cleveland. What about saying something like FF went 13-19 and KT went 12-16? Something? Was Feleipe's throw 30-40-50-60 yards in the air. I assume from the writers' lack of conviction that they were not even there - got it hearsay.?

Some are saying Franks is struggling with different routes after posting their sunshine fluff. The little bit about Trask is generally alright except for some mess about freezing up sometimes with no explanation on what they mean. Might be their way of not wanting to appear negative on Franks.

I think its only been 2 days of practice however.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some are saying Franks is struggling with different routes after posting their sunshine fluff. The little bit about Trask is generally alright except for some mess about freezing up sometimes with no explanation on what they mean. Might be their way of not wanting to appear negative on Franks.

I think its only been 2 days of practice however.[/QUOTE]

2 days! They need to practice more than that! Lord.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like they aren't practicing this week due to Spring Break. Could be the reason for all the silence.
:lol:
winner-winner-chicken-2764a5.jpg

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like they aren't practicing this week due to Spring Break. Could be the reason for all the silence.
No, it HAS to be because things are going to hell. has to be.

Coming to this board always re-calibrates my perspective whenever it feels like I'm being too negative. I always leave here like
687474703a2f2f32342e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f74756d626c725f6d3831776379554e424131716267786e756f315f3530302e676966

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, and it gives me a bad feeling. I don't know if there's ever been a time when a qb was looking really good that the info didnt filter out fast and in a lot of detail. I don't think no news is good news for this team.

The information is out there, you guys just can't be bothered with watching a 57 minute podcast that's been shared at least 3 times around here.:rolleyes:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some are saying Franks is struggling with different routes after posting their sunshine fluff. The little bit about Trask is generally alright except for some mess about freezing up sometimes with no explanation on what they mean.

In the podcast I watched, they said Franks is the guy taking charge and leading the offense. He has some accuracy issues. Trask is the guy that can make all the throws, even in tight windows. But he isn't the leader Franks appears to be (yet).

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The information is out there, you guys just can't be bothered with watching a 57 minute podcast that's been shared at least 3 times around here.:rolleyes:
I personally can't stand podcasts, whether I can see person or not. I've only ever listened to one (by Ox) and don't plan on anymore. But I'm not tied to every little rumor that floats off the practice field. I'm interested to hear how things are going, but mainly just don't want to hear about any injuries.

And they've had like what, 2 practices? There sure is a lot teeth gnashing going on over what's been said, not said, about 2 spring practices. :lol:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listened to Spivey and de la Torre's podcast. Here are their thoughts. The stuff on the QBs is mostly de la Torre.

1. Franks has shortened his throwing motion a bit. It is no longer that awful pitcher's motion. Still, it has a lot of problems. He is inaccurate with his throws, usually high. Trask's issue all about leadership. He has the knowledge. He is incredibly accurate. He knows where everyone needs to be. He basically echoed Cardozo. The impression I got is he thinks Trask is ahead of Franks in those areas. The leadership thing is costing him the job, not knowledge or ability as a passer. They briefly mentioned Toney at QB. Then they chuckled and moved on. Nuff said. :lol2:

2. Tyler Jordan is being called out by Davis and Mac for being soft. Nick Buchanan may finally be getting his act together. The coaches love how physical he is, but lacks work ethic. He's lost 30 pounds. He's good enough that he may compete with Heggie and Johnson for the RG spot.

3. Finally, they aren't sold on Dawson or Gardner on the outside. There is Cleveland, Callaway and then everyone else at WR.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listened to Spivey and de la Torre's podcast. Here are their thoughts. The stuff on the QBs is mostly de la Torre.

1. Franks has shortened his throwing motion a bit. It is no longer that awful pitcher's motion. Still, it has a lot of problems. He is inaccurate with his throws, usually high. Trask's issue all about leadership. He has the knowledge. He is incredibly accurate. He knows where everyone needs to be. He basically echoed Cardozo. The impression I got is he thinks Trask is ahead of Franks in those areas. The leadership thing is costing him the job, not knowledge or ability as a passer. They briefly mentioned Toney at QB. Then they chuckled and moved on. Nuff said. :lol2:

2. Tyler Jordan is being called out by Davis and Mac for being soft. Nick Buchanan may finally be getting his act together. The coaches love how physical he is, but lacks work ethic. He's lost 30 pounds. He's good enough that he may compete with Heggie and Johnson for the RG spot.

3. Finally, they aren't sold on Dawson or Gardner on the outside. There is Cleveland, Callaway and then everyone else at WR.
3. If they're not sold on Dawson or Gardner on the outside, then who do they want, Williamson, Putu?
We got Washington, Harris and Taylor at Safety, Both Dawson and Gardner need to play CB, or one of them plays nickel, while Williamson or Putu plays the CB spot. Otherwise there's a bunch of redshirt and true freshmen to choose from. CJ Henderson's the only CB in the latest round of recruiting who I think might be able to come in contribute (maybe Marco), but I doubt either will be ready for the big time until later in the season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3. If they're not sold on Dawson or Gardner on the outside, then who do they want, Williamson, Putu?
We got Washington, Harris and Taylor at Safety, Both Dawson and Gardner need to play CB, or one of them plays nickel, while Williamson or Putu plays the CB spot. Otherwise there's a bunch of redshirt and true freshmen to choose from. CJ Henderson's the only CB in the latest round of recruiting who I think might be able to come in contribute (maybe Marco), but I doubt either will be ready for the big time until later in the season.

I think one of those freshmen start on day one on the outside. Henderson or Marco.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One complaint on Trask being low on leadership was that he isn't vocal enough? Does that mean he's not a rah-rah kind of QB? Haven't we had one of those that was good? I admit, with me that this waiting for the full-bore team to form is making me super-antsy. But, this practice series plus the next will bring all players together at believing in this team and from there all things will be and sound much better, way different. This particular "gathering" of players know exactly how disrespected they are and I think they'll be menacing both O & D. Maybe players and new coaches will turn that tap on?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
One complaint on Trask being low on leadership was that he isn't vocal enough? Does that mean he's not a rah-rah kind of QB? Haven't we had one of those that was good? I admit, with me that this waiting for the full-bore team to form is making me super-antsy. But, this practice series plus the next will bring all players together at believing in this team and from there all things will be and sound much better, way different. This particular "gathering" of players know exactly how disrespected they are and I think they'll be menacing both O & D. Maybe players and new coaches will turn that tap on?

Read on TOS that after Trask makes a mistake it lasts for multiple plays afterward(mentally). I would venture to guess that this stems from a lack of actual game experience. Those kinks should've been worked out his soph/jr of HIGH SCHOOL.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Read on TOS that after Trask makes a mistake it lasts for multiple plays afterward(mentally). I would venture to guess that this stems from a lack of actual game experience. Those kinks should've been worked out his soph/jr of HIGH SCHOOL.

I saw this also. The leadership thing is a big deal for a QB. The QB has to be confident enough to correct where people line up and communicate play calls without argument.

The QB also has to be confident because the rest of the offense follows his lead. If the QB says we are going to go down the field and score... the OL holds their blocks a little longer, RBs run a little harder, etc... it may be just enough to be the difference.

Trask needs to figure this out and other leaders on the team like Scarlett can help.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cardozo and delatorre are retards.
Lol, you listen to Andrew Gravey and Delatorre and come away thinking Delatorre is the retard? Gravey is unabashed pumler, Delatirre is very reserved in his Realism, usually just phrasing it as a question.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is eerie how little has been written or talked about spring practice since the first day or two. I mean, we hardly know that practice is even going on based on the information I can find. I was hoping more on the board could have some inside info or at least be able to attend an open session or two and let the rest of us smucks who are far from the motherland know what is going on. Did they close all parts of practice?

I agree... there isn't much talk about spring practice at all.

Yeah, and it gives me a bad feeling. I don't know if there's ever been a time when a qb was looking really good that the info didnt filter out fast and in a lot of detail. I don't think no news is good news for this team.

I don't pretend to know if it is good or bad. I think if the QBs looked really bad you would see some news coming out as well, but in reality, we aren't seeing news on anything, not on WRs, RBs, D, etc...

It isn't like we just aren't seeing news on QBs.

I got a feeling they look the same as driskel, treoff, brisset and the rest of them did. make some plays, not make some plays, etc... but nothing really exciting. It also bothers me that the local media pumps the snot out of whoever it is at the position during the offseason even though they actually suck. We aren't even seeing the driskel like pumping for this batch. Either the media has completely changed, or theres nothing to pump. Full disclosure - I have a hard time believing the media has changed.

yep, agreed... i also find that a little strange, and possibly troublesome.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.