We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac's gonna have a hard choice on his hands come the end of fall practice. Go with the kid that has the leadership skills you like, but throws interceptions a lot because he's cocky or just not quite "bright" enough to read the defenses correctly, or the guy that isn't a strong leader, but can make the plays. Sometimes it's ok to look for leadership in other places if the skill level is good enough to keep the machine running smoothly imo.

Read on another site that Franks actually was ahead in the playbook dept. Who knows?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read on another site that Franks actually was ahead in the playbook dept. Who knows?
I this guy doesn't know, nobody knows.
tumblr_m496c8mTYL1qgblna.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
May the best man win. I will say that if you pick that 2 star guy over the 4 star bluechipper...Trask better perform and perform well.

I don't think stars matter at this point. If he picks Franks and Franks doesn't perform and perform well it doesn't look good either. Especially if at some point Trask comes in and plays better. The backup QB is always the most popular player so if the starter doesn't play well... regardless of stars, people will be asking for the next guy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That would certainly throw a wrinkle into the idea of starting Trask. Hope the kids gets his nose deep into the play book and remedies that situation. According to the podcasts I've watched and articles I've read, Trask is a smart guy and picks up things quickly. Not sure why he'd be struggling with the playbook if that's true.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That would certainly throw a wrinkle into the idea of starting Trask. Hope the kids gets his nose deep into the play book and remedies that situation. According to the podcasts I've watched and articles I've read, Trask is a smart guy and picks up things quickly. Not sure why he'd be struggling with the playbook if that's true.

It ain't true.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The interesting question is which QB would you go with? The confident leader that throws picks or the accurate milk toast? Can confidence be taught? Can accuracy be taught?

If I remember correctly Leak wasn't much of a leader. Especially in the shadow of Tebow. But we'd probably all kill to have Leak back. Grier was an overconfident gunslinger and all know what happened to him. If I'm laying bets right now I'd say Mac goes with Trask. Personally I'd be real tempted to go with the gunslinger but I'm a gambler.

My prediction is he goes with Franks but gets forced to try Trask later. I hope he doesnt start LDR or a new transfer.

Sep 29, 2015
I hope he doesnt start LDR or a new transfer.

I can confidently state that this is the one sentiment that has total consensus on the board.

As for who Mac chooses, like you, I suspect its Franks, to whom he likely had to make some promises in order to get the flip from LSU. Other than this "confidence" intangible nonsense, if the reports we're hearing are true, Trask looks like the best option and it doesn't seem all that close.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
That's fine, but if you don't have the time or inclination to comb through the information out there, you probably shouldn't complain about a lack of information.
Ouch dude. That is as sound of a rebuttal as I've read on this board in a while. Excellent work.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I can confidently state that this is the one sentiment that has total consensus on the board.

As for who Mac chooses, like you, I suspect its Franks, to whom he likely had to make some promises in order to get the flip from LSU. Other than this "confidence" intangible nonsense, if the reports we're hearing are true, Trask looks like the best option and it doesn't seem all that close.

I'm not sure what the "confidence" knock on Trask is all about. Otherwise everything we hear about him is positive. I thing they are alluding to the "it" factor compared to Franks. Franks has "it". Trask doesn't. Rex and Tim had the "it" factor. Leak did not.
Potentially (cross your fingers): Trask at his full potential could be Leak. But Franks at his full potential could be Rex. Or they're both Driskel. Take your pick.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Word has it that Trask completed 2 passes in a row today and one was beyond the line of scrimmage. Hope springs eternal...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Word has it that Trask completed 2 passes in a row today and one was beyond the line of scrimmage. Hope springs eternal...
There's a pretty big agenda here. Some posters here and a couple retarded media boys have already declared trask the starter after 2 days of practice.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I would have to add the factor that our first game is against Michigan next year. Would Mac start a guy who lacks the "it" factor against them?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, I'm to assume Trask just squats in the huddle and takes suggestions from other position players?
Yeah, Franks is way ahead then.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Something to think on. Franks got here based on the typical "publicity" route plus the drive to swipe him from LSU. And remember that string of interceptions Franks threw "on stage" in the All-Star game and O&B game. Whereas Trask had to perform right in "live audition" on the "coach-stare" camp stage. I don't like the no-ptaise game being played, but I think progress & results are either too equal or MacnCrew are playing down, down the enthusiasm and telling teammates to keep opinions low key.
My hope is there's a big surprise in store for us -- sorta like what opened up on Houston with Reaves & Alverez.
Is that "felony pumping"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator