What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, what a bunch of wankers. This place is hardly readable any more. Think I'll go stick my hand in the garbage disposal; it would be a more positive experience than this place.
Anyone who uses the word wanker deserves a like.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, if the fans were just positive and constructive and if the athletic dept spent even less on the program, our program would be slaying it? All the top kids are attracted to the programs with the positive fans who accept any number of losses and who have the most money in the bank, right?

I find it almost laughable that you actually believe the crap you spew on your whiskey tainted breath.
Not what I said.

Thank god for the pf.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Several people are talking about it but they won't go public because most either are UF media guys or tied to the program itself. Someone will leak it and if I we're betting on it I bet they do so pretty soon.
Leak what? Only one of those guys is currently a commit. Why would it be a huge secret that we might miss on a bunch of our targets? It's not like that hasn't happened 30 times in the past few months.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think a real part of the problem is the recruits know that Mac is almost certainly going to be fired within two years. They are usually more interested in stability.

Kids don't think down the road like that. Heck most of them think if they stay at UF two years, they will enter the NFL draft, even though they cant.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Think about this for a second....UF football has either been piss poor or mediocre for 10 of the last 16 years. The only time we've been a true SEC/National title contender was during the Meyer yrs. Foley hired Zook he was mediocre...then Machen brought Meyer to UF and he tore $hit up for the first 5 and then Foley's refusal to upgrade facilities/support staff ran him off...Foley then brought in Chump which was a fu*king disaster...then Foley's final "FU" to the Florida fanbase he brought in butters. Butters has backed his way into 2 sec east champs but his recruiting has been the worst I've seen in my lifetime! Because of his piss poor effort on the trail and his inability to bring in top asst coaches his tenure will end up as a collosial f*ck up also! So the moral to the story is we can all thank "The Greatest AD of All time Jeremy Foley" and the UF Administration for the collapse of the Florida football program we all grew up loving and watching dominate!

Last edited:

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Question for anyone connected. Are the big money boosters content with what is going on. What would it take for the Florida boosters to say enough is enough?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
David Waters is a member on 247 and this is just what he posted on there:

This isn't second hand info. As it stands now some SoFL targets we think are Gator leans are not so. You can listen to my podcast and on The Bill King Show where I said the opposite this morning. I got this info a couple of hours ago after recordings. Take it how you will, I'll survive.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Think about this for a second....UF football has either been piss poor or mediocre for 10 of the last 16 years. The only time we've been a true SEC/National title contender was during the Meyer yrs. Foley hired Zook he was mediocre...then Machen brought Meyer to UF and he tore $hit up for the first 5 and then Foley's refusal to upgrade facilities/support staff ran him off...Foley then brought in Chump which was a fu*king disaster...then Foley's final "FU" to the Florida fanbase he brought in butters and even though he backed into 2 sec east champs his recruiting has been the worst I've seen in my lifetime! Because of his piss poor effort on the trail and his inability to bring in top asst coaches his tenure will end up as a collosial f*ck up also. So the moral to the story is we can all thank "The Greatest AD of All time Jeremy Foley" and the UF Administration for the collapse of the Florida football program that we all grew up loving and watching dominate!

Foley is like Booby Bowden. He WAS great at one time and then the game passed him by. Foley on the surface will be credited with doing a good job but he has really screwed the football program. Hiring Chump and then Goober McShucks are hires that get you terminated. He hurt us even more by crippling our hiring process of a new AD by staying on and keeping an office.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Question for anyone connected. Are the big money boosters content with what is going on. What would it take for the Florida boosters to say enough is enough?
They have basically quit giving large donations because the money is not being used on the Football program but instead on everything else. So i think they've already had enough!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is nothing I want to see more than the reaction of this place after Mac pulls this off and gets a lot of these guys!

Please let that happen!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There is nothing I want to see more than the reaction of this place after Mac pulls this off and gets a lot of these guys!

Please let that happen!

He could get all of those guys and not crack the top ten. This is what happens when you are so far behind. He's guaranteed to have the overall worst average during his first three years recruiting. The worst since they have been tracking. In the most fertile recruiting state in the country. AT the flagship university. Goober McShucks can't be fired fast enough.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Please let that happen!

Hell...who doesn't want this to happen? I damn sure would absolutely love it...also would enjoy all the crow i would have to eat because of it! However the odds are significantly against it happening and anyone who's been paying attention can see that.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
David Waters is a member on 247 and this is just what he posted on there:

This isn't second hand info. As it stands now some SoFL targets we think are Gator leans are not so. You can listen to my podcast and on The Bill King Show where I said the opposite this morning. I got this info a couple of hours ago after recordings. Take it how you will, I'll survive.

Ok I put the important part to him in bold.

I am not sure what he means by "This isn't second hand info"? as we are hearing it from him who has heard it from either recruits which would make it 2nd hand information to us or he has heard this from someone else who talked to recruits making it at least 3rd hand information to us.

Now I am guessing most think UF will get Nick Smith to get to 16. Stewart is not from SoFL so maybe UF gets him still to get to 17. If UF gets Slaton that would get UF to 18. If UF gets any two more of these various D-tackles who have a great incentive to come to UF and play early, that would get UF to 20. Any addition OL would get UF to 21. Any WR would get UF to 22. I guess UF wants 23 or 24 and I think UF could get them and this "report" be right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley is like Booby Bowden. He WAS great at one time and then the game passed him by.
Foley was never great. He smiled and shook a lot of the right hands. He inherited SOS and a program already winning the Allsports Trophy and drove it into the ground.

He did one thing right in his career, Billy Dunovan. Everything else was handed to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator