When Franks sucks next game - play EJ or Trask?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Scarlett FUMBLe led to UGAs first TD. MCWILLIAMS/stoner gave up 2 TDs. EJs FUMBLE killed momentum.

Franks turnovers we're responsible for 3 points. He missed van on the pass but the entire team shyt the bed. Franks brought the team within striking distance multiple times only for the defense to let UGAs offense go right down the field
Scarlett’s fumble was directly after Franks miss to Jefferson. Hit that we are up 7-3. It’s inexcusable to miss a wide open pass with NO PRESSURE. He hits it we don’t have to worry about Scarlett fumbling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett’s fumble was directly after Franks miss to Jefferson. Hit that we are up 7-3. It’s inexcusable to miss a wide open pass with NO PRESSURE. He hits it we don’t have to worry about Scarlett fumbling.
Franks caused Scarlett to fumble?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its was about 3-4 plays later in their end of the field. Had Franks not missed the long pass, UGA would have the ball pretty much where they recovered Scarlett's fumble. Its not like we gave them an extra possession. All Scarlett's fumble did was prevent us from scoring on that drive, which is what FFs overthrow did.

In the end, if FF hits that pass, doesn't throw the pick, and doesn't fumble at the 1, we still lose the game. They beat us by 19 points. He needed to play lights out for us to even have a chance. That isn't the same as saying if he just plays ok we walk out of there with a W. Not even close.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Scarletts fumble was two plays after the flea flicker and it was returned to the 13 yard line. It was a huge mistake. So were Frank's blunders. As bad as they were, once Georgia figured out they could have their way with our secondary, we were done.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scarletts fumble was two plays after the flea flicker and it was returned to the 13 yard line. It was a huge mistake. So were Frank's blunders. As bad as they were, once Georgia figured out they could have their way with our secondary, we were done.
Yeah you're right about where he returned the ball, I forgot it was such a long runback.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks fumbled the ball on our 1 yard line, threw a dud without any pressure directly to a DB, over threw a wide open sure thing touchdown with zero pressure, only for Scarlett to fumble a few plays later. He had a massive part in losing. Georgia picked apart McWilliams which is what good teams do: Target the weak point. We can’t help that so many dbs were out but Franks play was a huge part of the loss.

I was unable to watch this game and I DVR’d it. But I was told by a bunch of people to not even bother watching the game.

So since I didn’t see it, why in the hell was McWilliams even on the field? Was there a reason?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
They scored four TDs on third down. That’s where the problem really is. Some of you guys are stupid as hell if you think Franks was thre reason we lost this game.

His play was less than inspiring and he had two turnovers. He also hit some plays and we did come out of the first drive of the second half with a lead. Some of you guys seem to forget that; then what happened? Defense chokes and Jawja easily scores the next drive.

No EJ is not the answer yet because he isn’t ready physically and probably needs another year of reading defenses. Trask is never taking a snap here. Next year will be EJs time. Franks for as bad as he played yesterday at times is still light years ahead of last year. We weren’t beating Jawja without playing flawlessly and making 0 mistakes. Both sides of the ball and multiple players are to blame

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I was unable to watch this game and I DVR’d it. But I was told by a bunch of people to not even bother watching the game.

So since I didn’t see it, why in the hell was McWilliams even on the field? Was there a reason?

Henderson got hurt

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yes CJ got hurt at the beginning of the game, so they targeted McWilliams relentlessly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In the end, if FF hits that pass, doesn't throw the pick, and doesn't fumble at the 1, we still lose the game. They beat us by 19 points.
Wrong.....I'm in no way laying this loss at the feet of Franks entirely but remember if he hits the flea flicker they don't score their first TD.....Now go to the 2nd quarter when he throws an int. despite having a wide open receiver who would have gotten us into FG range at the very least(that's 10 more points for UF)...Franks fumble at the 1 led to a FG....

Technically speaking that would have led to 10 fewer points by UGA=26 and 10 more by UF=27 based on Franks mistakes alone.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong.....I'm in no way laying this loss at the feet of Franks entirely but remember if he hits the flea flicker they don't score their first TD.....Now go to the 2nd quarter when he throws an int. despite having a wide open receiver who would have gotten us into FG range at the very least(that's 10 more points for UF)...Franks fumble at the 1 led to a FG....

Technically speaking that would have led to 10 fewer points by UGA=26 and 10 more by UF=27 based on Franks mistakes alone.

That’s your logic huh? Lol, ok.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Henderson got hurt
Yes CJ got hurt at the beginning of the game, so they targeted McWilliams relentlessly.

Well that stinks. DB is a depth problem anyway. You can’t lose Wilson and Henderson and expect to beat a team like Georgia. Especially with somebody like McWilliams (who never should have even gotten a scholarship offer).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Basically they had better QB and DB play and the rest was pretty equal. We didn't get blown out or anything and pretty much matched them until we could overcome a few mistakes....But yes we lost to a little better team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator