Who do you want to replace Mac?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love the decisions being made with OPM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love the decisions being made with OPM.
Its not really OPM any more than its OPM for Fooley. Its basically ESPNs money. That comtract is how even the Cowbell's and Freezelands of the world have surpassed us once the revenue was equalized to some extent. We still make far more but it doesnt matter if you AD shops in the FIU budget range while the other ADs are tryig to win at all costs.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its not really OPM anymore than its OPM for Fooley. Its basically ESPNs money. That comtract is how even the Cowbell's and Freezelands of the world have surpassed us.
What's their and our financial situation with the trend in attendance and student engagement? Disposable income? Head injuries?

Football has seen its glory days.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Football has seen its glory days huh? No way we can compete with the Missisiippis of the world if we dont have a Yankee-like 10-1 money advantage?

I know you are probably still drunk but that kind of thinking is the problem. Little wonder you supported Fooley til the end.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What you're seeing is:
1. Lot of people were sitting the fence on Mac after the abysmal end of last year and the subpar recruiting.
2. This game pushed them off the fence. No confidence in Mac.
3. The realization that we likely wouldn't see a coaching change until after next year.

Take me to the padded room please!

1) Last years failures were purely offensive and all on the back of Treon. Its not the coaches fault he and our kicker are pumping balls into the back of the o-line. We had a top 15 class last year despite the horrific ending and how bad the offense was to watch so I don't get the lack of recrutiing talk. You only get top 5 classes when you break into the playoff talks so the Urban days are long gone until we catch fire ala Louisville.
2) Not sure anyone was actually "on the fence" about MAC, quite a few folks around here actually believe in him and the swagger our team has which is something that has been missing for awhile
3) So we win the east last year, still have a very realistic shot this year, had a backup QB groomed for yesterdays game that actually was serviceable and not Treon and we should fire up the coaching search.....got it

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
The game plan seems to have been get a lead and let the defense win the game. Didn't work out.
Anyone think Belichek is getting bored with NFL coaching?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
At this point I don't see mac firing people. I'm just hoping that someone gives our coordinators jobs so we can hopefully have the new AD in and hire someone worth it.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Very few are going to admit it, but this is the obvious answer. Everywhere he goes, things turn around immediately.

The problem with Petrino is he also tends to foul up 1 or 2 games per year with stupid decisions that cost him a chance at a great season. It happens EVERY year including at a future point this season (BOOK IT). Hell, Petrino had Alabama on the ropes several years ago but went into conservative mode in the second half and pissed the game away...just like we did yesterday. He also doesn't focus much on defense which is needed in the SEC. If you hated Muschamp's unbalanced recruiting, wait till Booby recruits 9 WRs in a class with no front 7 D players. Not to mention all of his baggage.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Last years failures were purely offensive and all on the back of Treon. Its not the coaches fault he and our kicker are pumping balls into the back of the o-line. We had a top 15 class last year despite the horrific ending and how bad the offense was to watch so I don't get the lack of recrutiing talk. You only get top 5 classes when you break into the playoff talks
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Ron Zook and Will Dumpcrap were never in the playoff talk. This is Florida. We shouldnt be left taken Sunbelt level 3 stars. The simple truth is that most of our 3 star Sunbelt talent kids play like 3 star sunbelters. I know I knke, one out of 10-20 surpasses expectations, but most look like kids who should be at FIU.

And we shouldnt hae fifteen teams including seven SEC schools and Clwn Town finishing with better classes. The is only one coach since the seventies who couldnt land top five classes and it isnt changing any time soon.

If you cant see the talent gap on the field especially as the 1s tire or the 2s come on the field there is no helping you.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Football has seen its glory days huh? No way we can compete with the Missisiippis of the world if we dont have a Yankee-like 10-1 money advantage?

I know you are probably still drunk but that kind of thinking is the problem. Little wonder you supported Fooley til the end.
Like I said OPM. Step up with the $$$.

I know attendance records are frauds but take a look at trends. What is the student population? How many played football? How many went to high school football games vs soccer or other?

Trends are in the wrong direction. Personally, I do not want public money going to subsidize poor financial decisions.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Ron Zook and Will Dumpcrap were never in the playoff talk. This is Florida. We shouldnt be left taken Sunbelt level 3 stars.

And we shouldnt hae fifteen teams including seven SEC schools and Clwn Town finishing with better classes.

If you cant see the talent gap on the field especially as the 1s tire or the 2s come on the field there is no helping you.

Zook took over the season after we were 1 play away from the national championship and a stud core of Spurriers guys. Champ took over after a NC two years prior and Urban's legacy. What was Mac left with in all this, Muschamp's crap. There were also 5 SEC teams and FSU that just won the NC 2 years ago so yea, they are going to naturally be above us until we consistently prove the east is our and knock someone off in the SEC Championship game.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2016

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said OPM. Step up with the $$$.

I know attendance records are frauds but take a look at trends. What is the student population? How many played football? How many went to high school football games vs soccer or other?

Trends are in the wrong direction. Personally, I do not want public money going to subsidize poor financial decisions.
You are on to something here. I see it in Jv and middle school levels too. Several schools don't field a team or only have 15-16 players in my area.. long term that is bad for football.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Zook took over the season after we were 1 play away from the national championship and a stud core of Spurriers guys. Champ took over after a NC two years prior and Urban's legacy. What was Mac left with in all this, Muschamp's crap. There were also 5 SEC teams and FSU that just won the NC 2 years ago so yea, they are going to naturally be above us until we consistently prove the east is our and knock someone off in the SEC Championship game.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2016
Good coaches don't lose games like yesterday's. Period.

After 2 years and 2 recruiting classes Mac will have us ranked around 25th and he has no superstars lining up to sign on. It's only going to get worse.

Say what you want but that ain't cutting it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Answer...nobody right now. However, if we **** the bed the remainder of the year and go 7-5, then changes need to happen on the staff.

If you want a real disaster, name Stricklin the new AD and he brings Mullen back here. We'll be yearning for the days of Zook or Bear Wolf in a hurry if that took place.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Agreed on the one more year to prove he can do it. However the last 3 losses last year he didn't have a QB. You're not beating FSU, Alabama and Michigan with Treon.
Or Del Rio, Appleby, and this D

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I know there is talk about our 3 stars, however it was our 4 and 5 stars that were getting beaten routinely last night.

Tabor
Dawson
Harris
Washington
Dawson
Ivey
Sharpe
Dawson

It's easy to throw blanket statements out, but actually watch the game and you'll see a different story.

Our talent was just fine in the first half, guess they lost a star or two at half :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I do not want public money going to subsidize poor financial decisions.
Football money, mostly Espn money these days do to empty seats and waning products sales, isnt public money.

So tired of hearing you drunk professors pissing and moaning about how tough it is to get by on six figures and your slavish 6 hour workweek.

It is not your money. It was never your money.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our talent was just fine in the first half, guess they lost a star or two at half :dunno:
I know you couldt tell zone from man even but watch a few plays in the first half and a few plays in the second and see if you notice anything about the space between the receivers and the dbs. They ran the plays we called just like AA did.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Watch the replay of his post-game pressor. You're pretty spot on with Mac's response. Except that he talked more about the players failures and nothing about the coaching failures.

Which is another reason why I have so much respect for SOS. The guy was never afraid to publicly go on record and say that he and his staff did a crappy job of coaching when that was the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.